insane gear imbalance - check
    endless grind - check
    zerg-based pvp - check
    0 incentives for playing lower population - check
    gear >>> skill - check
    non-stop teleporting warriors - check
    0 defensive mechanisms - check
    healers >>> all - check

As much as I didn't like WOW for a lot of things, WOW PVP is so far better than Rift's that it isn't even funny.

Rift Disciple

i disagree with endless grind but pretty much everything else is right on the money.

Soulwalker

Wow you actually care enough to register that domain name? If you're going to go back to WoW then why do you care enough about Rift to register a domain name like that? If you suck at pvp in the game then move on, and go back to pvp you like.

Soulwalker

Yeh played my first PvP at level 50 today and my god what a joke. Everyone has 50% more hp than me and can burst me in a global.

So what? I have to put up with this for weeks until I'm slightly competitive with gear? Healers not losing 1% of health? Warriors the most mobile class?

Simply awful.

OP just got killed by a warrior and decided to make this post.

Rift Disciple

I do agree, it is screwed up big time.

The only reason I keep up on pvp at this moment is to keep on par in hopes that they really change things around in the future. The game is still young, so it's on the bubble with me.

I really don't think they know how broke their pvp system really is.
    Last edited by Cored; 08-27-2011 at 08:18 PM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    lol immunity - check
    endless grind - check
    zerg-based pvp - check
    gear >>> skill - check
    healers >>> all - check

As much as I didn't like WOW for a lot of things, WOW PVP is so far better than Rift's that it isn't even funny.
    WOW once had a great PVP system. It went down the tubes so badly that's it's far from funny. If you like WoW PVP why are you playing this game? I personally think the PVP is not as bad here.

I'm an High Warlord/Gladiator so feels that WoW PVP is not all that great.

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post
    lol immunity - check
    L2Coordinate abilities with 'team mates'

maybe ... but wouldn't really call it insane

endless grind - check
    infinity = rank 8? ... ok that is new to me

Why the fock do you even bother to play a MMO if you don't like to grind?

zerg-based pvp - check
    true ... AV is soooooo different

gaining way faster prestige/favor due to instant queue times .... true, wouldn't consider that as an advantage

gear >>> skill - check
    MMO ... MMO ... MMO ... O_O .... btw you don't want to play wow either ... go play a FPS ... or tic-tac-toe

non-stop AoE spamming casters etc, etc ... must be true that you don't play a warrior

*cough*chloro*cough .... *cough*healing abilities that provide more HPS than any DPS incoming*cough*

healers >>> all - check
    casters >>> ranged >>> melee scrubs

Welcome to ... grinding currencies, rankings all the time over and over again ... and the place where a mage will have the 'I WIN' button ... or not

Shadowlander

Agree with OP, this is by far the worst PvP mmo i've played, rank1 placed in same queue as rank8s, might aswell allow level 10s to queue against level 50s, same scenario.

Class balance is lousy, every rank you get new gear but might aswell just remove fillers in between ranks 1-8 as they serve little to no purpose in the grand scheme of things.

pvp damage needs to be toned down alot, healing needs to be toned down further, CC needs to be improved, and for the love of all your losing pvp subs, address the classes able to dish out killing blows in 1 gcd and yet able to just keep killing with little or no impunity or focus fire. pathetic really.

And the really worrying thing is i dont think they know how to fix it - best get out now before wasting more time and money

Rift Disciple

its AWFUL beyond reason, simply awful. Trion knows that the gear gap is laughable thier answer is to give double loser favor, cmon really? the concept of having to lose over and over to get gear is unbelievably bad. Dont get me started about warriors. Cant wait for sw tor, or gw 2 or diablo 3.

Telaran

lol hahahahahahaha and lol again.

i run games with ppl i like we win we lose they all are "DIFFERENT CLASSES" ( 2 Mages 3 clerics 2 Rogues) "most not even r5" and u know what, none of them at all cry about other classes bing over powered, none cry about how broken pvp is, actually all they do is cheer how good their going when we all work together, ) "PS we don't run premades, we group up in 2s some times we get the same games most times we don't"

Ohh and the fun we have winning or losing is AWSOME, so i suggest you get some mates group up and have some fun! srs just go find some ppl and say hey iv seen you pvp-ing lets run some together and work as a team. i PROMISE u do this, and u will have a lot more fun. its a team game get used to it its the way a lot of us like it we just don't come to the forums and tell you how much we enjoy it!
    Last edited by T0FU; 08-27-2011 at 09:32 PM.

I've stated before, there is no depth to the pvp in this game. For example, interupts are used to dps instead of actually interrupting.

Ascendant

Funny how people keep saying more healers win matches yet when my team has 1-2 healers we typically beat teams who have 5-6 healers, crazy what smart DPSers can actually do for you. <3 changes to DoL for making this possible.
    Last edited by Bluelightt; 08-27-2011 at 09:36 PM.

Best mmo pvp ever for me. Ever since rank 1, I've been having a blast. There is a learning curve. You certainly can't use your pve specs/tactics for the most part and expect to be successful. Anyway, have fun.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast