+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By AngelOfTheGuardians
  • 1 Post By darkfires
  • 2 Post By Qaedyan

Thread: Trion's lack of communication is disturbing.

Default Trion's lack of communication is disturbing.

Stop living in the dark ages of mmorpgs and start communicating with your customers Trion, it would be nice to see some fresh threads around here based on the fun speculation of upcoming changes/ideas instead of the constant anger and frustration from a stagnating pvp community.

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Stop living in the dark ages of mmorpgs and start communicating with your customers Trion, it would be nice to see some fresh threads around here based on the fun speculation of upcoming changes/ideas instead of the constant anger and frustration from a stagnating pvp community.
    ive already mensioned countless idea's and ways to fix issues/problems and also balance things out pvp wise mostly anyway.

but no one listens i thaught it was bad enough in arfronts were no one listens to your tactics that will get the win. instead the warfront flops, and in this case so will rift if trion dont do something realy quickly.

If I was Trion I wouldn't either. It would be like visiting that whiny cousin who cries if one thing doesn't go his/her way.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    If I was Trion I wouldn't either. It would be like visiting that whiny cousin who cries if one thing doesn't go his/her way.
    There's only one poster on these forums that I know that literally cries about everything.

Besides, the qqing would be a lot less if people knew what to expect (as opposed to these rollercoaster nerfs). That's what I think anyways.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-27-2011 at 09:50 AM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Prophet of Telara

And something needs to be done. PvP in Rift is just trash. If it wasn't for P8 gear, Warfronts would be aghost town.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaedyan View Post
    And something needs to be done. PvP in Rift is just trash. If it wasn't for P8 gear, Warfronts would be aghost town.
    True. And yet WFs are filled with (paying) people. Little effort invested and great benefit. Sounds like Trion is actually very good at doing their thing

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    What are you talking about, 1h ago when I cancelled sub, I got best survey I ever saw in any MMO...
    their communication is superb!
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Plane Touched

A friend of mine was an in house tester for warhammer. Told me that for months pre launch and after, they would constantly send notes on class balance to the people responsible for that, and almost never listened to any of their advice (I mean, hell what do they know, it's only their job to play warhammer like 8-10 hours a day.) He said it got to the point where the testers would come to work and pretty much just goof off the whole day, because no one ever listened to them for balance changes or bug fixes, before they eventually got rid of all their in house testers.

From what I understand, some of the same people in charge of class balance in warhammer, are in charge of it here.

Just saying, draw your own conclusions. Is it true? Maybe, maybe not, who knows.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    What are you talking about, 1h ago when I cancelled sub, I got best survey I ever saw in any MMO...
    their communication is superb!
    I'm pretty close to canceling my sub as well, doesn't seem like Trion cares to fix PvP anymore, I guess they think have enough paying customers they don't need to listen to the PvP group anymore. They are copying World of Warcraft a little too well and in the ways they shouldn't be, like all of Blizzards bad habits of nerfing things they shouldn't, and not nerf the things they should. I also noticed every time someone talks about canceling or canceled their subs, the promptly closed the thread (expect this one to get closed). I guess they don't like free speech either or others to know about people not liking the game. This game is a little too new to make such drastic mistakes and start ignoring customers, Trion will pay in the end if they don't get their act together... another $50 million dollar MMO fail. Sad thing is I didn't have any real complaints when the game first came out, then all their "fixes" screwed everything up. Typical.

Plane Touched

I gave it a pretty high 7/10 in survey, though...thats high on my list, its just that I played games with better pvp...and I guess noone who enjoyed DAOC pvp can be happy with any other, anyway
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    True. And yet WFs are filled with (paying) people. Little effort invested and great benefit. Sounds like Trion is actually very good at doing their thing
    Actually, Warfronts aren't filled with paying people. Escalated Whitefall is. The fact that people only do the WF's that have a bonus attached to them should tell you all you need to know about how good Trion is at "their thing".

We all pay the same money - yet some get more for their money than others - Warriors/chorolocks must think it 14.99 well spent - the rest of us gimps are just waiting for another game to come out or have quit already - Trion better make Rift an outstanding PVE game cos there wont be a pvper left if swtor or GW2
    are even 1/2 decent
    Last edited by betty; 08-27-2011 at 03:06 PM.

Actually, Warfronts aren't filled with paying people. Escalated Whitefall is. The fact that people only do the WF's that have a bonus attached to them should tell you all you need to know about how good Trion is at "their thing".
    Doesn't matter what WF they are in. Doesn't matter if that makes us (the customers) or the developers happy. Only how much money you can make by doing so is important at all.

I don't like that and I still believe neither do the developers. But it's not us nor them who decide what is going to happen and what not.

I'd say it's a very basic and simple calculation about how many people is Rift going to lose with WFs/PVP in general sucking. The answer to this decides what happens to PVP. Sadly, it seems like the answer is not something you or me or anyone in this forum section would like.

But I confess being a very pessimistic person

1-2 min queue in escalation, after weekend bonus = 10-15 min queue.. its a shame ppl only play for this bonus then stop the rest of the week.
    See you all in Wildstar!

+ Reply to Thread