+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: No healers, idiot leaders and no sense of PRIDE

Default No healers, idiot leaders and no sense of PRIDE

So here I am, done the rank 8 grind. Few pieces of gear to get. Easily attainable this weekend. As far as reaching the endgame goes I am just about there. About at the start of 'skill based' pvp (even I lol'd a little when i wrote that). I am a rogue.

I have 4 PVP specs. Sin for OWPVP. Sab for ranged group play, NB/RS for front of house *** kicking and my flag running rift stalker spec... Note: I do not have a bard spec.

I enter numerous warfronts and am confronted with the same useless crap 8 times out of 10. Tab targeters, lack of healers (or the best healing class DPSing.) Leaders that don't mark (probably because they can't tell what a healers casting animation is so they need the boards after the first death). People that don't concentrate on the objectives and tunnel the first tab target either until down them or die trying.

It's not game mechanics I have a problem with it is the players, it's the people. People want to play the game how they want and I can respect that. I too like to play the game as best suits me. But as I understand it PVP is meant to be a competitive aspect to the game. The ultimate goal is to win the game. That scenario. Winning brings the best rewards. More importantly victory brings a sense of pride... well at least to me. A sense of satisfaction to have help my team win over the opposition.

This is the reason for running various PVP specs. I like to be able to contribute to the game as well as possible. As a rogue my main role (as per the callings definitions) is to do damage. I have a sideline in support and also a sideline in tanking. I swap roles wherever I see fit, 5 or 6 times a warfront is common. Especially when flag running. But as a rogue my primary role, is damage. Some rogues forego flag running for barding... the bad ones do neither and only run sin.

Mages are the closest class the Rogues in this sense. They specialize in damage with a sideline in healing and support. That healing is far stronger and does not affect damage much so you find a vast majority of mages main specing that soul. It's a win/win for them and their team.

Warriors... warriors are split between tanking and DPS with one tanking soul offering up support. Their PVP soul is highly focused on group support VIA tanking. How often do you see one of these handy warriors in a WF? Not often enough in my books. Especially the group utility and support one could offer if he played around with the souls enough. But they can do one of these two things equally well so whatever.

Clerics... Jack of all trades but MASTER of healing. 3 dedicate healing souls. PVP soul supporting healing (and some lovely support it is too). Why on earth are people choosing to play a class that specializes in healing if they do not like to heal. What motivates these players to look at the group set up and think 'Oh, we have no healers. We are ****ed now and carry on to do their 'chart topping' AOE damage.'

So what motivates people to play these specs? To not think of group utility? To not play what is needed to win the scenario?

What motivates comments like 'you want heal, go roll a healer.' When that is not going to win us the warfront we are in NOW. Why can't people look at where we are and what we are doing and play to win. Do whatever it takes?

The answer is people aren't playing the game to win the warfront. They are not interested in the teams performance provided they are at the top of damage and/or killing blows. There is no pride in winning the game other that that personal feeling of topping boards. We have the tools. The game offers gives us the versatility for us all to do great things. It's about time we did.

As a result of this I have changed my flag running spec to be half bard half rift stalker. I have never enjoyed bard but in the spirit of this post I think its the best I can do.

Play to win guys. Whatever it takes.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by matthew84 View Post

Clerics... Jack of all trades but MASTER of healing. 3 dedicate healing souls. PVP soul supporting healing (and some lovely support it is too). Why on earth are people choosing to play a class that specializes in healing if they do not like to heal. What motivates these players to look at the group set up and think 'Oh, we have no healers. We are ****ed now and carry on to do their 'chart topping' AOE damage.'
    I played healer r1-r6...then I got disgusted (as many other clerics, too) by this forum attitude when 1.4 nerfs to healing were announced...its hilarious to read cries from rogues (who are top heal class atm anyway), and you guys laughed so hard at us when we got nerfed
    So here I am, r7 cabalist

Edit: oh, and make that bard spec, I see 250k+ bard heals in WSs all the time, you're really gimping your team
    Last edited by segro; 08-27-2011 at 08:13 AM.
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Telaran

Bards are the best wf healers. So make that bard spec and stop complaining about another class that you got nerfed. You already know that your damage is meaningless. Better to fill your slot with a warrior or mage, so stop being a non team player and spec the best wf healing spec out there (bard) and let the real dps classes do their jobs (war, storm caller, cabalist).

Prophet of Telara

After playing about 100-120 Whitefall Escalation matches, I've come to the realization that whoever side has the most higher ranked players win. It doesn't matter if your team is made up of healers or all dps class or all warriors or what have you. If one team has more PR6+ players, they will win regardless of their group make up.

It's what everyone is saying, gear > *
    Last edited by m1nus; 08-27-2011 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    I played healer r1-r6...then I got disgusted (as many other clerics, too) by this forum attitude when 1.4 nerfs to healing were announced...its hilarious to read cries from rogues (who are top heal class atm anyway), and you guys laughed so hard at us when we got nerfed
    So here I am, r7 cabalist

Edit: oh, and make that bard spec, I see 250k+ bard heals in WSs all the time, you're really gimping your team
    10% reduction and good healing clerics still rock... that 10% reduction made it possible for a team of 3 equal geared players to kill you as opposed to 5. It was balanced and you know it. Moody clerics fininally got touched in to gear and they trhew their toys out the pram. Poor excuse from what I see as a poor excuse of a PVP player... no matter how well you play your class. You completely missed the point of the whole post which is playing to win, whatever spec that means playing, like the bard spec I had made within 5 minutes of this post.

For the record, being the 'best healer' in a warfront isn't topping the healing charts. It's saving lives. Those important heals/shields that take someone from near death to living to fight on. A bard is an AOE healer. They top charts because so many players went AOE read: Unskilled) damage spec and there is lots of health all over the place needing to be healed. But a bard will not save someone from a warrior train with it's heals.

For the record I wasn't laughing when the cleric heals got nerfed. But I thought i was justified the only people that didn't where the clerics and they would rather lose all the warfronts than suck it up like every other class and it's nerfs... Clerics have received far less 'negative' adjustment in this game than any calling.

It's players like you I am directing this post at. Get some ****ing pride in winning as a team and contributing. Not with mere numbers on a score board, but the win at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by onihero View Post
    Bards are the best wf healers. So make that bard spec and stop complaining about another class that you got nerfed. You already know that your damage is meaningless. Better to fill your slot with a warrior or mage, so stop being a non team player and spec the best wf healing spec out there (bard) and let the real dps classes do their jobs (war, storm caller, cabalist).
    If you must know I can pad out the leader board and regularly beat out cabalists and the other 'real DPS' classes for damage done. What that requires is not paying attention to key targets and just pumping damage in to the most dense group of opponents. It's a cheap tactic and you using it as an example is just another reason for people like me writing posts like this.

AOE padding of damage is just numbers. While required it doesn't make you better at damage than me because if you only have 1 target your damage looks pretty pathetic next to any rogue.

I still laugh about that butt-hurt argument of healers. "Wah wah you insult us and wanted us nerfed! Now we're not going to heal you anymore"

Flashing news: Good healers still heal like the pros they are. If you can't now, I actually am happy you stopped doing so. I don't even want to play alongside such an arrogant wanna-be special person like you. Go talk to your mommy and let her confirm that you indeed are the most special person on the planet!

I don't even care.

On topic: Yes, people per-say are mostly stupid. Games like Rift have lots of people so you can see the same things you can see in the real world. Nothing new, live with it. Best solution would be to get yourself some honorable players that play alongside you. Wipe those "special" persons out and give them some more reasons to come to the boards and complain about reality. After all, their mommies told them they are special, how can their mommies be wrong? QQ

Usually, it's true that the side with the best gear wins. But my favorite wins are the ones where we are clearly outgeared and we win because we keep on trying. We manage to take the 4th and 5th stones because the other side thinks it's in the bag and is not paying attention. Or the other team splits up due to spawn camping our spawn point and we are able to hold mid-field by leaving the base through the backway and massing where the next stones pop up. In those wins, they get more kills but we get more favor due to the bonus from taking the most stones.

It's worth it to keep trying because winning the warfront is the fastest way to get favor and gear.

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    After playing about 100-120 Whitefall Escalation matches, I've come to the realization that whoever side has the most higher ranked players win. It doesn't matter if your team is made up of healers or all dps class or all warriors or what have you. If one team has more PR6+ players, they will win regardless of their group make up.

It's what everyone is saying, gear > *
    Rift: Alizza (Chloromancer/Warlock)
    Warhammer: Alizaa (Bright Wizard)
    DAoC - Nimue: Alizaa Llewellyn (Bloody Hero, Weaponsmith)

Fun, Violence, Love, & Friendship

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post

I don't even care.
    You cared enough to post, albeit with childish attitude

"L2P" threads are treated like "I quit" threads correct?

People just don't care. The majority of people are just interested in padding their scores for the end of a warfront. Some people act like they just don't understand warfronts, I did a whitefall steps match a few days ago, someone was bragging they were top kills + damage. We won that warfront and I politely explained that HIM and his top damage didn't win the Warfront, it was me and another rogue who were killing defenders and stealing the stones.

It is not always about how much damage you can do or about the number of kills you have.

Mark opposition healers, you do it in PvE dungeons / raids why not do it in PvP?
    If you don't know who is the top healer on the opposition side, look at the warfront stats and sort by top healing, find the healers to kill that way. Do the same for opposition DPS, if an opposition player is causing havoc shut them down. THINK about who you are attacking, don't all bash that warrior, go for the players supporting him. Look for the blue bars if you are tab targeting, learn to use your interrupts / detaunts etc...

Just play smarter, please because Guardians on my server are just looking dumb at the moment through losing 80% of current warfronts and they are doing it in the most amazingly stupid ways.

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    You cared enough to post, albeit with childish attitude
    You didn't get the message.

But worry not, it was certainly my fault that you were unable to understand. Because you really are special.

Come, let me give you a hug.

You are failing to grasp healing in escalation. There is so much damage all the time that NOBODY is focus healing. Every healer spams their AoEs and instants. Either you have enough healers that the AoEs and instants save someone when a r8 warrior chops off 60% of their health in a GCD - or you don't and they die in the next GCD. There is no time to focus heal. Constant AoE bard heal spam is perfectly good for that environment. Maybe better than clerics and chloros.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    You are failing to grasp healing in escalation. There is so much damage all the time that NOBODY is focus healing. Every healer spams their AoEs and instants. Either you have enough healers that the AoEs and instants save someone when a r8 warrior chops off 60% of their health in a GCD - or you don't and they die in the next GCD. There is no time to focus heal. Constant AoE bard heal spam is perfectly good for that environment. Maybe better than clerics and chloros.
    Elerina can't grasp that idea, I'm afraid

Telaran

Rogues do 3 things well in wfs.

1. Run flags.

2. Heal/buff.

3. Eradicate to shut down wardens and prevent wars from eating your healers lunch.

Note the lack of dps on that list? Rogues are the last class I worry about as a cleric. I just heal through them while worrying about when that warrior will notice I'm a healer.

See what I did there? I told you how to play your class so to best be a team player. Nice right?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast