+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: 17 WSs in a row

Plane Touched

Default 17 WSs in a row

we managed to kill 5 defiants in best of those 17. Whats going on with group of servers with Keenblade in...and before l2p reply, I think I was both top dps and top heals in half of those wfs
    Is there no rr6+ guardians there?
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Your m8s are sitting it out due to rift exploits probably.

Btw its Prestige Rank 6...

Realm Rank doesn't exist here...

lol daoc...
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 08-27-2011 at 05:37 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    we managed to kill 5 defiants in best of those 17. Whats going on with group of servers with Keenblade in...and before l2p reply, I think I was both top dps and top heals in half of those wfs
    Is there no rr6+ guardians there?
    top dps, top heals, that's ok for epeen gaining- but does this means that you are actually a good player in a team game?
    the "I'll top wathever" star often is a really bad team player, thus the team lose.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

i'm assuming this is at 50, because in the 30-40 bracket defiants lose 99% of the time in everything except blackgarden where it's about 50/50 .. in every server cluster i've been to (briarcliff/sunrest/deepstrike).

edit: i play wfs almost exclusively and barely quest.
    Last edited by Sleepthief; 08-27-2011 at 07:05 AM.

Ascendant

The guardians in this battlegroup are severely outclassed. They don't play well and are totally outgeared. The average rank of player in a Warfront today was R3. I usually have a look waiting in the respawn. The average Rank of the Defiant was R6, most of the time. PVP is really no longer fun since R7 and 8 have been brought in.
    Last edited by solarbear; 08-27-2011 at 08:06 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    top dps, top heals, that's ok for epeen gaining- but does this means that you are actually a good player in a team game?
    the "I'll top wathever" star often is a really bad team player, thus the team lose.
    I assure you, if we have top 3 dps and top 3 healers, we win. If we have top dps/healer, then 5-6 defiants in both heals and dps department...we usually lose. But your post made me think, maybe numbers really don't mean anything and its just luck

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    I assure you, if we have top 3 dps and top 3 healers, we win. If we have top dps/healer, then 5-6 defiants in both heals and dps department...we usually lose. But your post made me think, maybe numbers really don't mean anything and its just luck
    Its not luck at all. A R6+ cleric takes a lot more damage to kill than a R3 one. Therefore if you are of lower Rank, and most Guardians seem to be R3, and are doing less damage as well. Your key players, like healers seem to just melt while the other side seems unkillable.

solar, are we talking about the same group?

Keenblade, Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Shatterbone, Greybriar, Millrush...?

If so, I play at the wrong times...lol.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I rebound my I key to instead be Ctrl+I, and created a macro bound to my I key just to quickly inspect whomever I had targeted on my team (I do wish this worked against the enemy too). Then after entering the warfront and waiting for it to start, I begin spam inspecting my team mates. I'm only finding about 3 or 4 out of 15 with a synergy crystal. Then I take a quick look at the left side of the gear display and see that, of those that do not have a crystal, a lot of those don't have even one piece of Rank 5 gear, and (worse!) there often are a few players who don't have much (if any, and I'm also talking about warriors in this regard!) any gear at all with any valor at all on it.

Try inspecting your team (the macro way is much quicker than doing it manually) and pay attention to how it was composed in warfronts where it gets rolled. Is it any surprise that many of those teams get rolled even if they do have a few well equipped players? Is it any surprise that the well equipped players are assisting each other instead of worrying very much about the lower ranks who will get 1 to 4 shot before anything can be done to stop it from happening? Good grief, I really wish Trion would segregate the warfronts by ranks or prestige - or just do SOMEthing, so that the lower ranks can play more effectively.
    Last edited by Taptap; 08-27-2011 at 11:22 AM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    Its not luck at all. A R6+ cleric takes a lot more damage to kill than a R3 one. Therefore if you are of lower Rank, and most Guardians seem to be R3, and are doing less damage as well. Your key players, like healers seem to just melt while the other side seems unkillable.
    The good news is if your side's problem really is nothing but the gear, when they get to rank 6 they'll have learned to fight against poor odds...and the odds won't be so poor any more. Even though they won't have the rank 8 stuff, they will suddenly overwhelm players who are mediocre but have had plenty of spare time to make it to rank 8. It sucks taking the beating to get there, but once you do you're hard to beat. Also, in terms of gear, you might want to make sure you and your friends have the best stuff they can, including synergy crystals and essences. They make a difference, albeit not nearly as big of a difference as the PvP gear.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallRob View Post
    The good news is if your side's problem really is nothing but the gear, when they get to rank 6 they'll have learned to fight against poor odds...and the odds won't be so poor any more. Even though they won't have the rank 8 stuff, they will suddenly overwhelm players who are mediocre but have had plenty of spare time to make it to rank 8. It sucks taking the beating to get there, but once you do you're hard to beat. Also, in terms of gear, you might want to make sure you and your friends have the best stuff they can, including synergy crystals and essences. They make a difference, albeit not nearly as big of a difference as the PvP gear.
    I saw guy with only 1 (green) essence in his planar focus today

On a good side, we won 26th run (although we got killed more), but FINALLY got good runner who knew what to do

Ascendant

1/12 so far

Rolled - same rank 8 sword and board warrior - overextended WAY past heals - killed 4 of us. The most hardy of us lasted 4 hits.

Ascendant

1/13

So. Much. Fun.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    solar, are we talking about the same group?

Keenblade, Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Shatterbone, Greybriar, Millrush...?

If so, I play at the wrong times...lol.
    Yes. On Escalation Weekends its quite imbalanced. Probably win 2/10 matches. During the week its not so bad, Monday for instance won 19/20 codexes, but they all abuse the queuing system to farm on the weekend.
    Last edited by solarbear; 08-27-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Plane Touched

Yea, it's been difficult for Guardians of late (Deepstrike cluster). Trion needs to implement something to fix this. Seeing Rank 8s run around and destroy everyone is just horrible. I am still baffle that there are rank 8s now considering the time needed. I do wish the exploiters get punsihed.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast