+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP in

Ascendant

Default PVP in

This is so much like Warhammer. A few classes became extremely overpowered (Bright Wizards for example) and the rest of the population left the game. I mean no one plays a game to be cannon fodder due to poor game design. The trend for the state of pvp is simliar also... you had alot of people starting to enjoy pvp with 1.3 and then a crazy patch comes through that ruins it and everyone leaves. I mean entire PVE guilds starting running warfronts everynight. Warriors, Clerics, Mages, and Rogues...every class had a viable option in pvp. Now pvp is a complete joke with on entire class (warriors) having no options in PVP. Warriors cannot heal, warriors cannot blast people at range, the change to warriors signifies a dev team that has no idea what is going on in the game.

I really had hope for pvp after 1.3. I mean warriors did alot of damage but this made sense given they could not heal and most of the damage was applied in melee range. This inherently gives ranged classes an advantage. 1.4 is a disaster and created a pvp experiences that is clunky, illogical, and broken.

You would think these guys would figure it out. Also, if someone loses in pvp they try and find a reason why and easiest way to blame the other class. It is human nature. The problem is the developers used the forums to determine class balance the result is the disaster that is 1.4. If things keep trending the way they are soon alot of people will start leaving. No one spends hours and days working on a class and developing a play style to have it so exremely nerfed that you cannot use it anymore.
    Last edited by Majorin; 08-27-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Warriors have plenty of options, they just can't charge into a group of 4 or 5 people and come out alive. No one should be able to do that. Ever tried playing a VK? Or RB? Or even a pally. And the only thing that was nerfed in 1.4 was warriors, so every class still has viable options. It's just not 4 button spamming. I assume you're a warrior also?

Edit: warriors can't blast people at range? RB, VK, Reaver....... Not as much damage as in melee, but they're still warriors.
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 08-27-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    This is so much like Warhammer. A few classes became extremely overpowered (Bright Wizards for example) and the rest of the population left the game. I mean no one plays a game to be cannon fodder due to poor game design. The trend for the state of pvp is simliar also... you had alot of people starting to enjoy pvp with 1.3 and then a crazy patch comes through that ruins it and everyone leaves. I mean entire PVE guilds starting running warfronts everynight. Warriors, Clerics, Mages, and Rogues...every class had a viable option in pvp. Now pvp is a complete joke with on entire class (warriors) having no options in PVP. Warriors cannot heal, warriors cannot blast people at range, the change to warriors signifies a dev team that has no idea what is going on in the game.

I really had hope for pvp after 1.3. I mean warriors did alot of damage but this made sense given they could not heal and most of the damage was applied in melee range. This inherently gives ranged classes an advantage. 1.4 is a disaster and created a pvp experiences that is clunky, illogical, and broken.

You would think these guys would figure it out. Also, if someone loses in pvp they try and find a reason why and easiest way to blame the other class. It is human nature. The problem is the developers used the forums to determine class balance the result is the disaster that is 1.4. If things keep trending the way they are soon alot of people will start leaving. No one spends hours and days working on a class and developing a play style to have it so exremely nerfed that you cannot use it anymore.
    LOL. Reminds me of an old video "Clearly Outplayed."

Plane Touched

There is no such thing as range in this game...warriors have so much option to shut you down or pull you or charge at you that kiting is almost meaningless...and you can still do decent damage from range too

However it FINALLY requires a bit of skill to play warrior, so after 1.4 you see 2 types of warriors on WFs...ones with 100k+ damage and 20+ kills, and ones with 5k damage and 10+ deaths
    Last edited by segro; 08-27-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Plane Touched

OP is bad.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrnation View Post
    OP is bad.
    Nice try scrub. Actually, the nerfs to warriors made it so they can't do enough damage to kill anything and require even more healing.

Warriors got nerfed way to much and it does not bode well for this game when one class cannot be viable in pvp. Samething in Warhammer.... a bunch of fools whined and gimped every class in the game except for like two and everyone left.

Trion needs to reverse the nerfs to warriors. Players want challenges and fun pvp. Not a joke that is dominated by a few overpowered classes (mages and clerics).

I mean at least a warrior required a full time healer to do damage. It tood some teamwork right. Rather then rewarding and building on this Trion desroyed the warrior classs and made it so mages and clerics are now so strong it is a joke.

People do not play a game that is not fun. Trion needs to decide whether to listen to the minority of player base (like this guy) that was easy mode or make it so the game has more then a one year shelf life.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    There is no such thing as range in this game...warriors have so much option to shut you down or pull you or charge at you that kiting is almost meaningless...and you can still do decent damage from range too

However it FINALLY requires a bit of skill to play warrior, so after 1.4 you see 2 types of warriors on WFs...ones with 100k+ damage and 20+ kills, and ones with 5k damage and 10+ deaths
    LOL. If you had even a basic understanding to the game you would realize one warrior is rift blade and the other is not. Also, an even more important stat is healing received. Now warriors do not have the burst neccessary to compete in pvp due to other classes having things like slip away and heals. Also, it would be nice if warriors could have more then one option in pvp rather then constantly re-specing due to poor game design and vision by Trion.

Honestly, the nerfs to warriors ruined the class. I don't see how anyone benefits from Trion doing this... One server here we come! LOL.

Now pvp is a complete joke with on entire class (warriors) having no options in PVP.
    This is just way too funny.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Nice try scrub. Actually, the nerfs to warriors made it so they can't do enough damage to kill anything and require even more healing.

Warriors got nerfed way to much and it does not bode well for this game when one class cannot be viable in pvp. Samething in Warhammer.... a bunch of fools whined and gimped every class in the game except for like two and everyone left.

Trion needs to reverse the nerfs to warriors. Players want challenges and fun pvp. Not a joke that is dominated by a few overpowered classes (mages and clerics).

I mean at least a warrior required a full time healer to do damage. It tood some teamwork right. Rather then rewarding and building on this Trion desroyed the warrior classs and made it so mages and clerics are now so strong it is a joke.

People do not play a game that is not fun. Trion needs to decide whether to listen to the minority of player base (like this guy) that was easy mode or make it so the game has more then a one year shelf life.
    Damage =/= viability. I had a warfront earlier where one of the warriors played the role of a puller, he'd yoink people into our zerg and we'd beat the **** out of them in about 4 seconds. Was he doing a ton of damage? No, but he was making it extremely easy for our group to focus fire and it made the healers jobs easier as he could drag people off them and we could stomp them. Subdue tanks are amazing too if played right. Even a rank 2 healer can be kept alive and well with a subdue spec lending a hand.

And for the record, warriors still kill people. It just isn't AoE 50 KBs in Black Garden anymore. Less KBs =/= 0 KBs. Warriors still can top the KBs if they play right.
    Think of a 30 meter circle around all ranged dps rogues and mages. Ranged dps can stand in the back line and focus fire targets without worrying about mobility and most forms of cc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinbik View Post
    Sounds like an excellent plan for your healers to follow as well, as they have an even longer range on their heals.

Plane Touched

First off, I am a Rogue. I have absolutely ZERO sympathy for you Warriors.

Second, I'm just laughing harder at you as I read your "scrub" comments when you clearly cannot play your class worth a damn. Every WF I'm in I see that Warriors are constantly on tops of KBs and do very good damage. I was in a PS yesterday in which 8 of the top 10 KBs were had from Warriors. There were a few Warriors down in the lower side, but I chalked them up to "scrubs" which, had you been in the WF, I'm sure you would've been down there too.

Why don't you post us a PvP video so we can see how uber you are, and yet still not "viable in PvP".

Banned

1.3 warriors were the bright wizards of rift. Warriors are still overpowered. Sorry learn to use more than 2 buttons.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    There is no such thing as range in this game...warriors have so much option to shut you down or pull you or charge at you that kiting is almost meaningless...
    So you're worried about tanks pulling you towards them? If your cc and break free is on cooldown and you're worried about a warlord beating on you then you'd never have killed him in range either.

Shadowlander

Warriors have a viable 2h spec rb/champ/vk, a viable SnB damage spec rb/champ/pally and a viable utility SnB spec in vk/champ/vind (or vk/pally/vind if you didn't care about having a healing debuff). I believe all of these specs to be excellent.

Subdue is amazing but not many warriors want to play a spec that brings utility and very little damage outside of premade group pvp. It isn't fun to bring TONS of utility to a group that just ends up running around tab targetting people like they don't have a brain. For people that solo queue almost 100% of the time (like me) running around with a subdue spec is just frustrating.

I'm only r4 and I am perfectly happy with the capability of my rb/champ/pally SnB spec. I am anything but useless, even at rank 4. Many warriors are still running around in their parachamp spec or (insert sub-optimal pvp spec here) and their failure to adapt to warriors current situation is not anyones fault but their own. Not using an optimal pvp spec and then comparing your damage/survivability/killing power to other classes doesn't show anything.

That said, it would be nice if Trion gave warriors a viable pvp damage spec that involved actually using physical attacks rather than relying almost solely on rbs elemental attacks for damage. Either that, or give me a healing soul so I can run around reducing the enemy team's damage by 60% while healing my teammates.

EDIT: To all the people who think that Warriors are still overpowered: MM rogues, Chloro/lock or chloro/dom and pretty much any melee cleric are now VERY potent at eliminating warriors 1v1.
    Last edited by Absurdity; 08-27-2011 at 01:26 PM.

you had alot of people starting to enjoy pvp with 1.3 and then a crazy patch comes through that ruins it and everyone leaves.
    Funny how you "enjoyed" the game when warriors could run around 3 shotting people.....OH WAIT...THEY STILL CAN!

+ Reply to Thread