+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By PORTERR
  • 2 Post By Reiz
  • 1 Post By Rowwan

Thread: NEED max timer in spawn area

Default NEED max timer in spawn area

So time and time again, if the guardians are winning a match the defiants continue to regroup, try different strats, keep trying. The guards, however, when losing will, more times than not, simply sit on their spawn point, inaccessible to the deviants waiting for the match to finish. As a result, guards get a maximum favor from winning, and give up a minimum amount from losing. I really think this is not a behavior which should be encouraged. If you had a maximum timer on sitting in the spawn area, then either kick out with deserter defuff or boot off spawn point, I think it would really help out the WFs.

Stop QQing about not being able to farm low rank players ! Why bother feeding opposite team with favor/prestige when they seriously outgear your team ? Maybe Defiants are just too thick to realize that ?
    Last edited by PORTERR; 08-27-2011 at 04:13 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Deathnaught View Post
    So time and time again, if the guardians are winning a match the defiants continue to regroup, try different strats, keep trying. The guards, however, when losing will, more times than not, simply sit on their spawn point, inaccessible to the deviants waiting for the match to finish. As a result, guards get a maximum favor from winning, and give up a minimum amount from losing. I really think this is not a behavior which should be encouraged. If you had a maximum timer on sitting in the spawn area, then either kick out with deserter defuff or boot off spawn point, I think it would really help out the WFs.
    Seriously? You're complaining that you're winning too easily? Wow, this post... it wins everything. Nothing more can really be said.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-27-2011 at 05:01 AM.

Pro Tips:
    Killing don't win warfont
    Doing objective DO.
    If they like to stay in spawn, LET THEM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Oh look, another pretentious self righteous pvp'er that feels he/she is entitled to faceroll everthing in their path, and when the opposite team has a strategy to disavow your claims, you cry "foul." Please lose the elitest attitude....way too much of that in the game already, not too mention the qq'ing in the forums...

Nobody said anything about winning to easily, jut gets me that when guards smell the slightest hint of a match not going in their favor they go afk on their spawn point and wait for the match to end. Is that REALLY how you think the game should be played? spawn points are for a safe place to spawn and regroup, not a method to leave the game without leaving the game. It's pathetic, and its like a spoiled kid who quits if hes not on top every time.

The other option is to raise the win bonus and minimize the kill points, either way, giving up early should not be a valid strategy, and it should not be encouraged by the game.

Champion

The other option is to raise the win bonus and minimize the kill points, either way, giving up early should not be a valid strategy, and it should not be encouraged by the game.
    Yeah it shouldn't be a valid "strategy" but you essentially want Trion to enable you to spawn camp people.

They're already losing if they aren't going after objectives and camping in their spawn, why do you need more kills? Just win quickly (more efficient for favor and prestige gains anyways) and move onto the next game.

Im not asking for spawn camping, but whats going on is the guards, if they feel they will lose, right away go AFK at the spawn. What that means is that when they lose we get small numbers of points, when they win they get large. Its stacking the deck which would be smart if it wasnt cowardly. Basically I dont think the game should encourage that. If we did it to we would essentially have a game (xwhitefall for example) where the goal is to get ONE stone. Why require 3 if one team gives up before the first stone is even gotten? Im not exaggerating here, ONE wave of fighting is what I saw over and over last night. One wave, then the guards called the match and sat up there. What a boring system. We should be encouraging people to regroup, and go back in and try their best. If your going to do it this way then at least put in a 'WE SURRENDER' button and make it official. Its supposed to be WARfronts, so encourage a war, dont reward being French.
    Last edited by Deathnaught; 08-27-2011 at 01:38 PM.

I stay at spawn a lot of the time because as a rank 2, there is not much i can really do.
    If i am going to grind, i would rather that i afk cause it's more of a yawn to actually go out there and fight that afk and check my FB till the warfront is done.

Rather not let my team down by dying 24/7 to a mob of 8s
    Last edited by Veiny; 08-27-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Yup! and thats EXACTLY the kind of BS behavior we should be penalising. failing to the top is a time honored tradition in pvp. AFK to the top is being a leech, and the fact that it works is unacceptable. If thats the best strat, they might as well just start everyone at P6, cause whats the point in requiring folks to login and walk away?? The game is rewarding lazyness and cowardice.

+ Reply to Thread