+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Cleric PVP and my thoughts.

Soulwalker

Default Cleric PVP and my thoughts.

Now befor I start this is just what I have experienced trying to pvp has both DPS/Range dps/ Heals Cleric in 6 pieces of Rank 2 pvp gear.

1) At my rank dps melle cleric's are worthless with dps so low you can't even kill a mage, I can pop all my cooldowns are I'm the one to die. We have nothing to survive with unless you have Justicar and even with that the healing is usually to low to survive attack from other class's.

I want to PVP as a cleric dps because that's why I play a cleric, Not just for the healing.. But when the dps is so low vs Everyone else poping there 2-3k crits on you none stop it really just turns me off..

2) Yes, Every other class is OP.. Deeerrrhhh. Warrior 2 shots me, Mage 2 shots me, rouge 3-4 shots me.. I have 5k HP a mix of PVP and raiding/t2-t3 gear. I'd go from full health to 0 in about 3-4 seconds.

3) PLs remove the rank 5+ Members into the own rank groups.. Seriously 2 rank 8 warriors and you might as well Soul recall out because you have no chance to win. I'm trying to lvl my rank So i can be competitive. And yet I get 2 shot by the next warrior charging through a group of Guardians taking no damage.

Now this is just my experience's. So flaming me is not gonna change my idea's.

I really want to PVP, rift's pvp is actually good -- pvp in WOW was garbage, But I can't enjoy it when i'm constantly dead.

Melee cleric doesn't get any better with rank. You can be rank 8 and warriors will still trash you. Give it up now and start learning something more viable. Healer or Cabalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Aefkay View Post

Now this is just my experience's. So flaming me is not gonna change my idea's.

I really want to PVP, rift's pvp is actually good -- pvp in WOW was garbage, But I can't enjoy it when i'm constantly dead.
    Not trying to flame you - but you really REALLY need how to pvp as a cleric.

Players like this make me scratch my head in wonder - you would hope that going out there time and time again with the same spec that you would start to realise that the spec is broken... b-r-o-k-e-n

Try out different specs, be flexible, learn, go back to the drawing board if what you are using isnt working otherwise you will end up as broken as your current spec
    Last edited by Liandral; 08-27-2011 at 01:22 AM.

Shadowlander

I like to do a mix of dps and healing depending on other callings in the WF, but I've never had an issue putting up top dps and kb numbers with melee or ranged. What spec are you running? Are you just charging into a full group of enemies by yourself? I'll just say, the class limitations are not the issue.
    Kaledor on Wolfsbane ~ co-GL of Zombies
    www.riftzombies.enjin.com

Banned

Cleric whining about being underpowered. Now I've seen everything.

Soulwalker

rift's pvp is actually good -- pvp in WOW was garbage, But I can't enjoy it when i'm constantly dead.
    This is offtopic, but what's THAT different between the games that the other is garbage and the other good? I mean that's a huge difference in quality especially when you realize that both games have pretty similiar system (Battlegrounds vs Warfronts) and half the instanced battlefields have exactly the same mechanics and similiar maps (Codex vs Arathi Basin/Gilneas, Whitefall Steppes vs Twin Peaks/Warsong Gulch)

Now, Rift has somewhat different class mechanics - I enjoy them but partially just because they're refreshingly new after years of WoW - and Black Garden and Whitefall Steppes escalation mode are a ton better than some of the vehicle BGS in WoW, but garbage vs good has to be an overstatement.

is this really a thread stating that clerics are underpowered? lol

Champion

Obviously you guys are wrong. This is a buff rogues thread. He said it takes 3-4 hits from a rogue to kill him as opposed to the 2-3 hits from mages and warriors.

Seriously though, no advice on playing your character but stick in there champ, once you gain the ranks you'll start doing better, no one feels useful below rank 4, especially people who are trying to melee.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-27-2011 at 04:30 AM.

OK so here's the facts:

Sent/Ward/Temp for healing and Cabalist for dps. Healing is broken/Op and cab is borderline op. Every other spec is trash because they don't have the burst to break through the enemies broken healing.

Plane Touched

I suggest OP to buy Warhammer Online and play DOK if thats the style of play you prefer
    Septica 86 Sorc, Nikola 95 DOK, Karak Norn
    http://gimpchimp.etilader.com/display.php?user=segro

Telaran

Gear is all.
    At your level, you gear is -relatively- crap. So do not expect to kill someone unless you are lucky to find someone who has similar gear. Do not expect to survive a player with better gear either.

if you are smart, you can play however with your souls to survive and bring something to your team: it will not be DPS but healing. Forget DPS until your reach higher ranks. Basicely a combo of justicar + templar to survive, and a healing soul to keep you and your teamates alive could be a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by imzaan View Post
    Gear is all.
    At your level, you gear is -relatively- crap. So do not expect to kill someone unless you are lucky to find someone who has similar gear. Do not expect to survive a player with better gear either.

if you are smart, you can play however with your souls to survive and bring something to your team: it will not be DPS but healing. Forget DPS until your reach higher ranks. Basicely a combo of justicar + templar to survive, and a healing soul to keep you and your teamates alive could be a good choice.
    This is very sensible advice

I get the feeling that OP is chosing his favorite melee PVE build (likely a Duracell variant) and wondering why it isnt working for him.

I have 3 clerics I run in warfronts - my junior one is going through rank 2 at the moment and it is painful to be up against rank 8's

Look at the team composition, I'll use cabbie with a run if we have a team filled with high ranks, but more often my team are lowers.

In that case - spec to survive and support your team, use justi/temp, assist your highest ranked player and protect those full healing as much as you can.

Rank 2 is too low without a strong team to back you up to run around expecting to melee

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aefkay View Post
    Just want to respond to this, cause if you claim rift's pvp is actually good and wow is garbage... I'm baffled.
    Wow now and in the past is and was way more balanced than Rift.
    How could you claim something like that? Did you even pvp in WoW?

And on topic, clerics are best as cab in my experience.
    But really.

Soulwalker

Default pfft.

Dont expect to have crazy burst melee dmg and heals as a cleric. That would be clearly redic and extremely over powered. If you want to run a self heal/dps combo then try justicar/shaman/sent. Be sure to pick up the 15% dmg reduc, which is well worth the 5 points imo. This will help with survivability and with your justicar/shaman heals you should be fairly hard to kill. Just dont expect to be droping 6k warriors in 5 seconds. It might take some time, but with patience you should rock them np. Also in this spec you also have some very vialable AoE healing for up to 10 people. So your more of a BattlePriest, which is what I like to play on my cleric. If you want to drop bombs, try shaman/druid/cab and enjoy your stay in the GY. You have to ajust your spec based on your amount of valor in my experience. I've noticed on my war that the more valor I got, the more offencive spec I was able to play. I've found this holds the same with melee clerics aswell. So just try to bolster your defences and help out your party for the time being, then when your less squishy you can try dropin some bombs.

Shaden the Shady
    Beorn the Light in the Dark

Shadowlander

Ditch the PVE gear and get your stuff with valor. Clerics can outlast every class out there, even with 3-4 on them they can heal through long enough to run to safety, or a shard all the way across a WF field. Sounds like you need more valor and maybe a spec adjustment if your having issues,

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast