+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: rank 7 and 8.. are you having fun?

Default rank 7 and 8.. are you having fun?

like actually, do you have fun in warfronts when it becomes easy aka against the lower ranks?
    I am not QQing, i am really asking is it fun, or is it getting boring?

kind of would like to know as well...pvp is a joke at low ranks thanks to the gear...would like to know if some fun is gained higher up face-stomping everyone

It's boring.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by Veiny View Post
    like actually, do you have fun in warfronts when it becomes easy aka against the lower ranks?
    I am not QQing, i am really asking is it fun, or is it getting boring?
    You start to realize that nerfing warriors is a bad idea, and how OP and faceroll easy equal geared mages are.

Champion

meh, they were a bit OP before the nerf, i played in the 40s allot and champ-paragons were topping damage charts alll day and it was near impossible to stop their damage (wich alone was fantastic consistent dps), but then there was lingering wounds.... Those 2 things shouldn't go together :/ if they threw lingering wounds semi-late in a solid tank tree i think that would have been a better call than a dps nerf

Rift Disciple

As a rank 7 Cleric my experience is largely trying to heal R1-4 Warrs and Rogues who tell me Im not being a team player if I go DPS.......Then when they get mowed down by the R7-8s after running out of range they call everyone Noobs and say /fail dont let them farm /afk etc..... So my WF experience is not quite as Id like it yet no...:P

as a rank 7 defiant cleric.. I must say I STILL am at the bottom of the totem pole and get killed by lower rank warriors still and sometimes rogues

perhaps it will be different at 8
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by BishopX View Post
    as a rank 7 defiant cleric.. I must say I STILL am at the bottom of the totem pole and get killed by lower rank warriors still and sometimes rogues

perhaps it will be different at 8
    Purebred Heal or Cab spec thats just the way it is I'm afraid mate-Don't think R8 will make any diff.
    Last edited by Torvax; 08-26-2011 at 07:42 PM.

Plane Walker

Actually...

It's pretty easy to tell when you run along a R1-2. They die in just a couple hits, and pretty much don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. Probably even less so to be honest. I kinda wonder when they drop like a sack of potatoes if they're taking it in stride or if they just /quit in disgust.

I'm against the "forced" segregation of the ranks from the simple standpoint of the havoc a system like that inevitably creates with queue times, and interfering with friends playing together. But something really does need done to give the higher rank players another diversion that makes them less likely to be running over low ranked/fresh 50 people.

I've long been a supporter of a RvR-ish area that is just a persistent "zone" with rewards that are different from regular PvP rewards. Something like that would draw the higher ranked players away from the standard warfronts, and likely give the weaker players more of a fighting chance.

Such an area should also be open to lower rank players if they choose to participate, but they would do so knowing they are vastly increasing their odds of fighting against R8 opponents.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    Actually...

It's pretty easy to tell when you run along a R1-2. They die in just a couple hits, and pretty much don't stand a snowballs chance in hell. Probably even less so to be honest. I kinda wonder when they drop like a sack of potatoes if they're taking it in stride or if they just /quit in disgust.

I'm against the "forced" segregation of the ranks from the simple standpoint of the havoc a system like that inevitably creates with queue times, and interfering with friends playing together. But something really does need done to give the higher rank players another diversion that makes them less likely to be running over low ranked/fresh 50 people.

I've long been a supporter of a RvR-ish area that is just a persistent "zone" with rewards that are different from regular PvP rewards. Something like that would draw the higher ranked players away from the standard warfronts, and likely give the weaker players more of a fighting chance.

Such an area should also be open to lower rank players if they choose to participate, but they would do so knowing they are vastly increasing their odds of fighting against R8 opponents.
    The lack of balance in the game precludes any chance of RVR working. I mean pvp in current state is equalivalent to a poorly planned beta. The nerfs to warriors were foolish and highlight a severe lack of how the game actually works vs. Trion trying to balance the game based on crazy posters whinning on the forums. The devs would have to create viable specs for all the classes. They had this in 1.3 with the exception of mages... Dominator broke the game in 1.3. If the devs would have just nerfed dominators and kept the classes the same then I could see a step like RVR working.

RVR will not work because the game has absoltuly no balance and has relegated the warrior classe to garbage. This is an issue because warriors reprsent a healthly percentage of the population.

The sad thing.. pvp was good in 1.3. People were actually having fun. We have multiple pvp groups going in my guild. It was a blast for every class. Now pvp is meaningless and illogical grind with clerics doing more damage then warriors and healing at the sametime. Ranged damage classes doing more damage then warriors in melee range. Mages hitting for 1,000s and healing at the sametime. The game is so jacked up in so many ways it is frigging amazing.

I played MMO for years and have never seen PVP this bad before. It is horrible. Warhammer has better PVP and has like one or two servers.
    Last edited by Majorin; 08-26-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Plane Walker

Hmmm...I wonder if anyone in this thread plays a warrior...
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Shadowlander

I can give my impression as a random terrible rank 3 mage. I was the same rank before the warrior nerf and am the running the same chlorolock build. I am having a ton more fun! I don't get instagibbed by bullrushing warrior barely every anymore. There are a ton less of them running around and more of the other classes and I'm actually dying to them now. Geared mages hit like a truck! Same with MM and are a pain to kite! Clerics can aoe like a motha! Other classes now have a chance to shine, and now I have to learn how to deal with them. Instead of seeing 3 warriors charge me and me pouring another drink cus I know I don't stand a chance, now I can stay in the game.

I'm actually pretty happy at where the class balance is right now. I wish chloros had more direct heals but that is just me being bad. Now in WFs the top 5 damage dealers and killers are from all of the classes. This gives me hope and the motivation to continue working on my character.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    The lack of balance in the game precludes any chance of RVR working. I mean pvp in current state is equalivalent to a poorly planned beta. The nerfs to warriors were foolish and highlight a severe lack of how the game actually works vs. Trion trying to balance the game based on crazy posters whinning on the forums. The devs would have to create viable specs for all the classes. They had this in 1.3 with the exception of mages... Dominator broke the game in 1.3. If the devs would have just nerfed dominators and kept the classes the same then I could see a step like RVR working.

RVR will not work because the game has absoltuly no balance and has relegated the warrior classe to garbage. This is an issue because warriors reprsent a healthly percentage of the population.

The sad thing.. pvp was good in 1.3. People were actually having fun. We have multiple pvp groups going in my guild. It was a blast for every class. Now pvp is meaningless and illogical grind with clerics doing more damage then warriors and healing at the sametime. Ranged damage classes doing more damage then warriors in melee range. Mages hitting for 1,000s and healing at the sametime. The game is so jacked up in so many ways it is frigging amazing.

I played MMO for years and have never seen PVP this bad before. It is horrible. Warhammer has better PVP and has like one or two servers.

umm...gee...maybe a bit of warrior bias here. Do you...i don't know, maybe play a warrior? just a shot in the dark

The fights against other 7-8's are fantastic and last for a bit. Everything else is a steamroll and not fun.

See what i'm getting at?

The pvp in general is boring. It seems Trion wants skill to be completely removed from the game. They want gear and class to be the only factors that determine a win.

The pvp lacks depth. Everyone just does their attack or heal macros. There is no countering what the other player is doing. The most depth rift pvp has to offer is marking a target and spamming it with a macro.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast