+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Thickness

Thread: Weaponstone Damage not mitigated by Valor?

Soulwalker

Default Weaponstone Damage not mitigated by Valor?

I am not sure if this is functioning as intended or was overlooked by Trion, but it would appear that the 311 extra dmg done by Massive Weaponstones on crit does not get mitigated to any degree by Valor. I currently have 600+ valor and I get hit for the full 311 dmg every time. With the recent nerf to Whetstones for one-handed weapons this seems like an unfair advantage.

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and if they feel it's fair and working as intended or if it needs to be addressed.

Banned

I dont think any procs are mitigated by anything.... could be wrong tho.

Soulwalker

Hmm. You may be right I haven't noticed any other procs being mitigated so this may be working as intended, but I still take issue with it because it procs on "every" crit for 311 dmg. That's about equal to a rogues ability (excluding finishers) dmg after being mitigated by a warrior's armor and 600+ Valor. Rogues don't get an equivalent proc for one-handed weapons.

Valor should reduce all incoming dmg like it says on the tooltip. They should change the text if it does not as that is misleading.
    Last edited by Thickness; 08-26-2011 at 05:40 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

Yup, it's not. It was actually pretty useful a few patches back when swings would hit for that much on R6 Clerics anyway
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

+ Reply to Thread