+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Escalation weekend is perfect reason why LW needs buff if anything.

Default Escalation weekend is perfect reason why LW needs buff if anything.

Ive been in about 5 games tonight where total kills between both teams combined was right around 10. 10+ minute games with majority of players R5-8, 5+ healers per team, multiple warriors, targets marked, players assisting, etc.

Pretty much the most boring games ever win or lose. I can only imagine if LW was nerfed or cleansable would be maybe 2 kills per team from someone overextending and then just a fight for who runs stones better.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Alternatively, could be interpreted as "I wish every class had a cheap LW."

Alternatively can be read as, "WTFUXXOR, I masheded my macros hard und nobuddy did a died!"
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Just tell medusa to go 51 Dom, that should help

Quote Originally Posted by Elerina View Post
    Just tell medusa to go 51 Dom, that should help
    there was a dom on the other team, 2 actually if i recall, didnt notice any affect. the only people who died were those that overextended beyond the 5 healers range. i think defiant had 6 healers and a couple bards, guardian had 5 and a bard and chloro i think
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 06:14 PM.

Champion

why on the forums do people jump to conclusions so much.. if u wanted to be taken seriously all you had to do is state your problem, then in a constructive manner say what you think can be done, if your jump out and blame 'this move is OP/not OP!!!' it turns into a QQ thread and loses near any and all meaning... yours is that with 5+ rank 8 healers no one dies... so buffing LW... the best incoming heal debuff in the game, would make killing easier, for teams lucky enough to be graced with a warrior specced into it (u realize it makes that specific soul then entirely NECESSARY in WFs for people to consistently be dieing). And decent incoming heal debuffs on more classes also could help, but not any more than that overall nerf to PvP healing already did.

instead, since healers are far overpowered (in the 1v1 scale) so having more of them than the other team puts you at a great advantage, why not just dedicated spots in WFs to healers, make it so only around 3-4 dedicated ones get into a WF (maybe take into account low prestige ranks or something of that sort when deciding how many healers) but 3-4 healers are in every WF fixing that balance issue (no 5 P6+ healers dominating a WF) it also makes the healing souls then have an actual number to work off of (1 healer to 3 guys) for balance, instead of the idea of 'good enough' Trion is working off of at the moment. Take it or leave it but thats my idea of how best to fix a problem like that
    Last edited by garethh; 08-26-2011 at 06:17 PM.

I'd rather they design warfronts so massive clumps of people don't throw their bodies into each other repeatedly and call it competitive.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Alternatively can be read as, "WTFUXXOR, I masheded my macros hard und nobuddy did a died!"
    i dont expect much from you being from threesprings among other horrid servers, they are on our grouping and by far the worst players in the grouping. spawn camped a threespring premade "Flux" in black garden tonight with a pug and we had 0 healers.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    there was a dom on the other team, 2 actually if i recall, didnt notice any affect. the only people who died were those that overextended beyond the 5 healers range.
    I've been a Dominator last weekend all the time because our precious guardians thought, bringing 50% healers will make for an easy ride. 2.5 Dominators (2 full, 1 hybrid) countered that quite good. Took us 5s to oom 'em and afterwards bash 'em all

Besides, you might not believe it, but playing Dom isn't all that easy. It requires some knowledge and good decision making. I'm absolutely convinced, Medusa can make that happen.

One Dom might not be enough but at least you can say you tried. Better than running against a wall, amiright?

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    why on the forums do people jump to conclusions so much.. if u wanted to be taken seriously all you had to do is state your problem, then in a constructive manner say what you think can be done, if your jump out and blame 'this move is OP/not OP!!!' it turns into a QQ thread and loses near any and all meaning... yours is that with 5+ rank 8 healers no one dies... so buffing LW... the best incoming heal debuff in the game, would make killing easier, for teams lucky enough to be graced with a warrior specced into it (u realize it makes that specific soul then entirely NECESSARY in WFs for people to consistently be dieing). And decent incoming heal debuffs on more classes also could help, but not any more than that overall nerf to PvP healing already did.

instead, since healers are far overpowered (in the 1v1 scale) so having more of them than the other team puts you at a great advantage, why not just dedicated spots in WFs to healers, make it so only around 3-4 dedicated ones get into a WF (maybe take into account low prestige ranks or something of that sort when deciding how many healers) but 3-4 healers are in every WF fixing that balance issue (no 5 P6+ healers dominating a WF) it also makes the healing souls then have an actual number to work off of (1 healer to 3 guys) for balance, instead of the idea of 'good enough' Trion is working off of at the moment. Take it or leave it but thats my idea of how best to fix a problem like that
    so you make healers wait in longer queues or force them to go dps? yea that would fly.

i dont expect much from you being from threesprings among other horrid servers, they are on our grouping and by far the worst players in the grouping. spawn camped a threespring premade "Flux" in black garden tonight with a pug and we had 0 healers.
    <- Taur. I **** the defiants.

I send you love from Threesprings
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I'd rather they design warfronts so massive clumps of people don't throw their bodies into each other repeatedly and call it competitive.
    This X 1000. Fights with more than 6 or 7 per side, I dunno, it seems like the complexity sort of just devolves.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleeds View Post
    This X 1000. Fights with more than 6 or 7 per side, I dunno, it seems like the complexity sort of just devolves.
    thats why wow kept it at 5v5 and even that led to 4dps insta-gib teams or outlast/drain teams.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Champion

so you make healers wait in longer queues or force them to go dps? yea that would fly.
    longer ques??? i wouldn't think over 1/4 of the population plays dedicated healing souls (correct me if im wrong)... if anything i would bet it would lead to shorter que times for people willing to switch over

and even if over 1/4 of the people do play healers.. just readjust the number so its 2/7 of the poeple in WFs or something along those lines so that it does encourage people to play healers and keep a consistent number in WFs then balance healing numbers accordingly
    Last edited by garethh; 08-26-2011 at 06:30 PM.

I've played in many clusters against people from many shards...

...not sure what that has to do with your crying that LW needs a buff because a WF was something other than a two shot killfest. You're obviously bored with any combat that lasts more than 3-6 seconds.

I find that hilarious.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast