+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Please fix natures fury..... breaks stealth when far away from teammates.

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple Thickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default Please fix natures fury..... breaks stealth when far away from teammates.

    This attack knocks me out of stealth when I'm incredibly far from my team mates even when I make painstaking efforts to avoid aoes when hidden veil is on CD. Bottom line, the ricochet effect needs to be fixed and stop bouncing off stealthed rogues incredibly far away.

    It really makes it game breaking for me sometimes when I'm heading in to start an attack and I get knocked out by Natures Fury for no reason with an ally far far away and totally ruins my openers.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    330

    Default

    is that the green colored cast from a caster that hits me when I am in stealth. If so yeh that **** is broken big time.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple Thickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    is that the green colored cast from a caster that hits me when I am in stealth. If so yeh that **** is broken big time.

    Yes, it is the green disc looking thing that ricochets off of stealthed rogues. I have no problem getting caught in an aoe if I'm not careful, than it is my fault, but the way natures fury is designed is broken and punishes the rogue by breaking stealth even when no mistakes are made.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

  4. #4
    Ato
    Ato is offline
    Plane Touched Ato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon.
    Posts
    217

    Default

    I disagree, we are still there just because they can't see us. No reason the spell can't find us, no need to pull one of the few effective stealth defences.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Thickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ato View Post
    I disagree, we are still there just because they can't see us. No reason the spell can't find us, no need to pull one of the few effective stealth defences.
    I do not mind it bouncing off rogues, but it should have a range limit of hitting only stealthed rogues under 10 yards away, currently I'm getting hit by it when I'm incredibly far away.

    I do not have a problem with ground aoe, or marksman lightning multi attacks or mage lightning multi attacks, but this ability is broken and is overpowered as far as breaking stealth. Stealth is a huge component to my gameplay, I am a sitting duck if it gets broken early or have to pop CD's I would need during the fight.
    Last edited by Thickness; 08-26-2011 at 04:48 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

  6. #6
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I play chlorolock and I'd like nature's fury to be fixed as well.
    You have no idea how many times it agro'd some mobs out of los on the other side of walls/whatever in instances/raids.

    Edit : btw, rogues, just so you know : the targets on which the skill will ricochet (or will be able to) seem to be determined when the skill hits its first target, and not after every bounce. So if you're close to the primary target then move out of range, it may bounce on someone else then on you, even if you're far away at that time.
    And inversely, if you're far away from the first target by the time the skill is cast, you can safely come close to that target.
    Not 100% sure about that, though that's how it appears to work.
    Last edited by Bisouslove; 08-26-2011 at 04:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    I do not mind it bouncing off rogues, but it should have a range limit of hitting only stealthed rogues under 10 yards away, currently I'm getting hit by it when I'm incredibly far away.

    I do not have a problem with ground aoe, or marksman lightning multi attacks or mage lightning multi attacks, but this ability is broken and is overpowered as far as breaking stealth. Stealth is a huge component to my gameplay, I am a sitting duck if it gets broken early or have to pop CD's I would need during the fight.
    It has a set bounce range (30 meters of initial target I think). This applies evenly to all possible targets, stealthed or not. This is how it should be.
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Thickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It has a set bounce range (30 meters of initial target I think). This applies evenly to all possible targets, stealthed or not. This is how it should be.
    So mages should have a 30 yard protective wall around them from rogues? Seems broken to me... my class isn't really FOTM or survival heavy like warriors, so anything that exploits stealth like this ability becomes a huge problem.
    Last edited by Thickness; 08-26-2011 at 04:54 PM.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

  9. #9
    Ato
    Ato is offline
    Plane Touched Ato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon.
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    I do not mind it bouncing off rogues, but it should have a range limit of hitting only stealthed rogues under 10 yards away, currently I'm getting hit by it when I'm incredibly far away.
    I am still gonna have to disagree, the opposition has very few ways to get us out of stealth. I feel there should at least be a couple that do not require an extraordinarily lucky placed ground AoE. It just keeps you on your toes when you get knocked out of stealth, use your slip away and re-open on them (If you only use SA as a means to escape you have other problems anyway it is one of our best offensive skills).

  10. #10
    Ato
    Ato is offline
    Plane Touched Ato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Oregon.
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It has a set bounce range (30 meters of initial target I think). This applies evenly to all possible targets, stealthed or not. This is how it should be.
    That is a whole nother issue, I have had our Chrolo snag us extra mobs before because his NF decided to bounce to two further targets rather than the ones we were fighting lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Thickness View Post
    So mages should have a 30 yard protective wall around them from rogues? Seems broken to me... my class isn't really FOTM or survival heavy like warriors, so anything that exploits stealth like this ability becomes a huge problem.
    It is hardly a wall, it hits three people, has a semi lengthy CD etc. It is fine how it is.

  11. #11
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    I think 30m bounce range is excessive if that's the actual number. I just checked the tooltip for the sake of my own interest and it doesn't say anything. If that's true, however, it's basically a 4-target AoE with a 60m diameter, 1.5s cast time (2.5 untalented) and an 8s CD. Whether or not the range we're talking about is accurate, I think it might make more sense for the bounce range to be limited to that of standard GTAoE radius. I've been bopped out of stealth by Nature's Fury more times than I care to count but I've never really stopped to investigate who it hit first and how it hit me.

  12. #12
    Ascendant Vayra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    2,073

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    I think 30m bounce range is excessive if that's the actual number. I just checked the tooltip for the sake of my own interest and it doesn't say anything. If that's true, however, it's basically a 4-target AoE with a 60m diameter, 1.5s cast time (2.5 untalented) and an 8s CD. Whether or not the range we're talking about is accurate, I think it might make more sense for the bounce range to be limited to that of standard GTAoE radius. I've been bopped out of stealth by Nature's Fury more times than I care to count but I've never really stopped to investigate who it hit first and how it hit me.
    It might not be a full 30m bounce. But it's pretty large. And all bounces must be within that distance of the original target. So no bouncing in a straight line all the way across the map :P
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vayra View Post
    It might not be a full 30m bounce. But it's pretty large. And all bounces must be within that distance of the original target. So no bouncing in a straight line all the way across the map :P
    Targeted AoE like that sucks for a stealthed rogue in general. Forked riftblade spears, Fan Out, and Nature's Fury are the ugly ones off the top of my head. Generally speaking, any ability that is targeted at one player and hits up to <x> nearby players is apt to smack a stealthed rogue. Doubly irritating that those abilities don't account for LoS. If the initial target is in the clear, you can be behind a massive boulder/rock/tree and still get tagged. It can get more than a little frustrating when you buff Hidden Veil, get a clean opener but die anyways, and then on your way back to the scrum (with Hidden Veil's questionable timer mechanics preventing you from re-buffing it for 2m) you get tagged. Now you're in combat, in the open, and frequently forced to sacrifice the offensive utility of Slip Away just to try and line up an opener on someone.

    Of course, if the mechanics were changed to omit stealthed rogues from the potential target list or even bump them to bottom priority, the QQ from the vocal minority would probably sunder the universe.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple Thickness's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    170

    Default

    This isn't really a buff rogues or nerf other classes thread, it is simply a discussion to see if this mechanic is working as intended or is a bit more overbearing than it should be.
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    I use this ability a LOT.

    It branches out from the original target hit up to a distance 30m radius total, not each bounce. It is not 30m from each bounce in a line equaling something like 90m. That is just silly thinking. I never see it fly super long distances unless the target is moving fast and covers a lot of ground and the spell follows it after it is already going to hit the target.

    From what I can tell, it seems to check if you are in range from initial impact. I have seen mobs running through the area, that originally were not there and the spell ignores them even if the spell could have jumped again.

    So, if you see it flying and I normally do because it seems pretty destinct, move away from the person who is about to get hit. If you are out of the 30m radius of this person on impact, you will not get hit. If you are in range on inital impact, move out of range before it targets you, and you will not get hit.

    You can avoid this stealth break because you are never targeted initially. You cannot avoid a random aoe cast to break stealth.

    I agree that it is powerful spell and very good at breaking stealth, but I disagree with it being over powered.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts