+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cleric PvP

Soulwalker

Default Cleric PvP

Why are clerics so horrible in PvP? Our heals are garbage compared to chloro and our damage is garbage unless we go Cabby and they all we can do is soften up but not kill. 1 vs. 1 we are complete trash. Any recommendations on builds to prove me wrong will be greatly appreciated. I would love a build that I could best survive 1 vs. 1 and do good single target damage.

My shaman/justicar does quit well in damage and healing usually falling top 3-5 in damage and 1-2 in healing

Rift Chaser

For real? I think you are lacking in gear if that's the case.

Clerics are amazingly good.
    Last edited by Raitoken; 08-26-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Soulwalker

We have zero burst damage compared to other dps classes. I find myself beating on chloro/locks for what seems like forever without damaging them. Meanwhile I melt my face off on their warlock armor. I guess my issue is that I dont seem to be able to dps and self heal as good as a chloro/lock. I dont mind the class in a group but for 1v1 I am having issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsoul View Post
    We have zero burst damage compared to other dps classes. I find myself beating on chloro/locks for what seems like forever without damaging them. Meanwhile I melt my face off on their warlock armor. I guess my issue is that I dont seem to be able to dps and self heal as good as a chloro/lock. I dont mind the class in a group but for 1v1 I am having issues.
    Idk, I find myself staying up with no less than 4 beating up on me, but dam I must be underpowered I cant take on 5

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ripsoul View Post
    Well, you dont need burst damage to kill rogues and warriors. But how is that possible? Well, they cant heal themselves so as long as you are able to throw out some sustained damage while healing yourself, you will outlast them. As for mages, when you figure out how to kill a cloth wearing class that has more hps than a s/b warrior, gets a damage shield that hits me for more than my auto attack WHILE healing the user, and can deal some pretty good damage while healing themself, please make a post.

Soulwalker

Cool, you see my point then. Chloro/Lock is OP then and I shouldn't hate? LOL

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Idk, I find myself staying up with no less than 4 beating up on me, but dam I must be underpowered I cant take on 5
    Warriors are pretty powerful.

Not really a good patch for clerics in warfronts. For the most part, go healer and hope your team's warriors are better than their team's warriors. Healing allied warriors > whatever else you could be doing.

In world PvP you can spec for survivability and outlast most people 1v1.

Rift Chaser

You're seriously dreaming if you think chloro can out heal a cleric, I have both, it's not even close, on the order of 3-1.

Lots of inq, 12 justi, the rest warden. Pretty much unkillable. Insta cast snare no cooldown, 2 insta cast knock backs, insta cast single target heal, insta cast group heal, insta cast hots. Best mage build in the game is a cleric.

I'm top 3 damage and healing both in just about every WF with that build.

Considering this game is going to end up only clerics and warriors in about another month in PvP, this thread is pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    You're seriously dreaming if you think chloro can out heal a cleric, I have both, it's not even close, on the order of 3-1.

Lots of inq, 12 justi, the rest warden. Pretty much unkillable. Insta cast snare no cooldown, 2 insta cast knock backs, insta cast single target heal, insta cast group heal, insta cast hots. Best mage build in the game is a cleric.

I'm top 3 damage and healing both in just about every WF with that build.

Considering this game is going to end up only clerics and warriors in about another month in PAs vP, this thread is pretty funny.
    Agreed on the healing, there is no way that a chloro can keep up, their healing gets worse the more valor the opponents have.
    As for the best mage build in the game being a cleric, I want what you're smoking. Cabalist is good AoE splash damage, the others decent steady damage, but no spike capability. There is no Cleric build that can spike for 4k+ against 1100 valor, which Stormcallers can do.(Not saying it's overpowered, because it's not, just stating a fact)

As for the OP, if you are losing 1v1 in a healing spec to an equally geared player, you are doing something wrong. In most cases you won't win, but you should be outhealing a single dps on you.

Plane Touched

I think this is just a Bunzy (or maybe RubberIdiot) alt.

Move along, nothing to see here.

+ Reply to Thread