+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: First Hour of 3 days of a BONUS Warfront (Escalation)

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    If you never win ever it will take you 3 years to get rank 8 ya real easy to sleep to 8
    Not really, Rank 8 has been out less then 1 month and I personally know 2 people who are rank 8 and have win/loss ratios of 10% wins to 90% losses.

Quote Originally Posted by Kwll73 View Post
    There is zero evidence the WF escalation is any less balanced then any other wf on average. Personal anecdote without statistics is not evidence. The only argument with merit here is it is kind of mind numbing to be forced to do one wf over and over again every weekend for increased prestige and valor. The answer is to have the bonus in all the warfronts or to come up with more enhanced wfs and switch every weekend. Either way imo hardly the end of the world as it is currently.
    I appreciate your viewpoint and objective perspective. However:

"There is zero evidence..." There is in fact mounds of evidence in the form of personal experience as well as everyone else saying the same thing in open chat over the last couple weeks as well as here in the forums and this very thread. Some have winning ratios some don't. But in nearly every case it's usually a roflstomp one way or the other (bad gaming experience) and no one can get any other Warfront to play. I did not get affidavits though.

I'm not addressing the warfront itself or it's mechanic one way or the other. I've actually had a lot of fun in Escalation in the rare match that it's competitive.

Your last point about, "mind numbing" etc is exactly the point. It's because of the bonus. You're right about it not being the end of the word. I love the pvp and at least we have pvp rifts back this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    bads being bads
    Ahhh, you're "that guy" that says stuff like that. Good one. You got us.

I tried to find a positive post out of all your posts to see what kind of a person I was talking to and I got tired of searching for one. Good job, everyone hates you. You also don't want seperate queues for the new 50s grats on that dude. You really like roflstomping defenseless new 50s. You get a gold star.
    Last edited by Sunrun; 08-26-2011 at 01:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    Ahhh, you're "that guy" that says stuff like that. Good one. You got us.
    and you're that guy with the lame signature and accomplishments nobody cares about.

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoMage View Post
    Not really, Rank 8 has been out less then 1 month and I personally know 2 people who are rank 8 and have win/loss ratios of 10% wins to 90% losses.
    Thety were rank 6 to start no doubt, and to top it they made gaining ranks easier

Rift Master

Thety were rank 6 to start no doubt, and to top it they made gaining ranks easier
    I think they were closer to rank 3 or 4.. I know one of them hit 50 last month...

That said the difference in Prest between a win and a loss isn't that much. If you are willing to put in the time you can crank out the ranks pretty fast. Certainly way less then 3 years.

I think they were closer to rank 3 or 4.. I know one of them hit 50 last month...

That said the difference in Prest between a win and a loss isn't that much. If you are willing to put in the time you can crank out the ranks pretty fast. Certainly way less then 3 years.
    It weas an exaggeration, Id have figured youd have figured that. But my point being was it will take a lot longer if all you did was sleep through them

Kinda had an epiphany despite all the trolling/hate/deflection from others in this thread:

The reason why it's a roflstomp (us or them) resulting in this terrible playing experience is because all the new people are trying to get caught up in favor/prestige through the bonus warfront (currently escalation). So you have these way out of whack imbalances of gear/skill. I just nailed a poor sap for a 3407 crit and he exploded. That crit usually only hits for 2400 or so.

Rift Master

It weas an exaggeration, Id have figured youd have figured that. But my point being was it will take a lot longer if all you did was sleep through them
    Longer yes, but far easier. And considering how often there are bonus events and dailies, and the like for free no-pvp required prest, it's not that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    and you're that guy with the lame signature and accomplishments nobody cares about.
    Guess haters gonna hate. Right?

Longer yes, but far easier. And considering how often there are bonus events and dailies, and the like for free no-pvp required prest, it's not that bad.
    If thats your idea of fun.....

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I tried to find a positive post out of all your posts to see what kind of a person I was talking to and I got tired of searching for one. Good job, everyone hates you. You also don't want seperate queues for the new 50s grats on that dude. You really like roflstomping defenseless new 50s. You get a gold star.
    lol ill post positive when there's a positive post to respond to. instead the pvp forums are full of incessant whine posts just like this one.

waaa this map sucks because my team of horrible players gives up and whines when the other team caps 1 flag, let me go whine about it on the pvp forums
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 01:58 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3