+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Where is the fun in pvp?

Ascendant

Default Where is the fun in pvp?

The nerf to warriors was so extreme it has ruined the game. You have mages hitting for more damgae then warriors (at range) and healing at the sametime. Clerics healing and doing easy mode AOE damage that far surpasses anything a warrior can do. PVP is so stupid at this point... how can a company work backwards and continue to adjust a game in the wrong direction.

Look Trion. I do not enjoy getting nailed for more damage from ranged classes then I can do in melee. Ranged classes do not even need to worry about positioning.. they can just alt tab and focus fire the same target. Warriors cannot steatlh or slip away. The class cannot heal. I do not enjoy fighting classes with equalivalent damgae output and that can heal. The AOE garbage in this game is out of control and broken.

Roll the back the warrior nerfs. Fix this ********. The nerf was not disclosed in patch notes which signifies a lack of respect for the player base. The nerfs were also so extreme it proves the majority of the dev team is clueless. People play a game to have fun. Having a bunch of mages and clerics tea bagging everything is not fun. It is stupid.

The few warfronts I played are so one-sided and out of balance most of us just waited in the warcamp. No one wanted to bother because the game is now dominated by extremely OP classes, poor game design, and a complete and utter lack of strategy. To make matters worse melee classes do less damgae then ranged and have less surviviablity. Everything is backwards, jacked up, and wrong.

There is one more important factor... THE MAJORITY OF THE PEOPLE WHO I SPEAK IN THE GAME ARE NOT HAVING FUN. WHAT IS THE POINT OF YOUR GAME. Balance this nonsense and pretend to use at least a basic understanding of the game and strategy.
    Last edited by Majorin; 08-26-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    The nerf to warriors was so extreme it has ruined the game. You have mages hitting for more damgae at range then warriors and healing at the sametime. Clerics healing and doing easy mode AOE damage that far surpasses anything a warrior can do. PVP is so stupid at this point... how can a company work backwards and continue to adjust a game in the wrong direction.

Look Trion. I do not enjoy getting nailed for more damage from ranged classes then I can do in melee. Ranged classes do not even need to worry about positioning.. they can just alt tab and focus fire the same target. Warriors cannot steatlh or slip away. The class cannot heal. I do not enjoy fighting classes with equalivalent damgae output and that can heal. The AOE garbage in this game is out of control and broken.

Roll the back the warrior nerfs. Fix this ********. The nerf were not disclosed in patch notes which signifies a lack of respect for the player base. The nerfs were also so extreme it proves the majority of the dev team is clueless. People play a game to have fun. Having a bunch of mages and clerics tea bagging everything is not fun. It is stupid.

The few warfronts I played are so one-sided and out of balance most of us just waited in the warcamp. No one wanted to bother because the game is now dominated by extremely OP classes, poor game design, and a complete and utter lack of strategy. To make matters worse melee classes do less damgae then ranged and have less surviviablity. Everything is backwards, jacked up, and wrong.
    Im guessing your a baddie

Prophet of Telara

Warriors are still the cornerstone of pvp, if you don't realize this I'm not sure any further responses will be of any service to you

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    Warriors are still the cornerstone of pvp, if you don't realize this I'm not sure any further responses will be of any service to you
    Give me a break? Cornerstone of PVP. All you need is a bunch of mages and clerics.

Alot of us have higher standards then it seems Trion can provide. We want balance and well thougt out tactics and strategy for players and classes. Not the joke the current game is in.

Look.. so many baddies on these forums whine for easy mode. Like all the scrubs who responded to this post. Use your eyes and pay attention to the game. It is a cluster fu** of stupidity at this point.

Outside of the sub-R4 Warriors having a legitimate issue, I'd have to assume that whatever you're doing...you're doing it wrong.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Outside of the sub-R4 Warriors having a legitimate issue, I'd have to assume that whatever you're doing...you're doing it wrong.
    Wrong and wrong. Spoke to several warriors. I know more about the warrior class then a R6 scrub mage.

Getting hit my a chloro mage that can heal for 1,000 damage is not good game design. Nothing you can do will change this and Trion better fix this joke or alot of people will leave. When I logged on alot of people said they do not even bothe to pvp anymore....

The nerfs to warriors need to be rolled back or the game will require extensive and drastic nerfs to mages. Which would you prefer? Otherwise what is the point of playing something this backwards.

Wrong and wrong. Spoke to several warriors. I know more about the warrior class then a R6 scrub mage.

Getting hit my a chloro mage that can heal for 1,000 damage is not good game design. Nothing you can do will change this and Trion better fix this joke or alot of people will leave. When I logged on alot of people said they do not even bothe to pvp anymore....

The nerfs to warriors need to be rolled back or the game will require extensive and drastic nerfs to mages. Which would you prefer? Otherwise what is the point of playing something this backwards.
    No warrior nerfs are fine, mages arent op. If anything rogue damage needs increasing
    Last edited by Original_Hellfire; 08-26-2011 at 12:22 PM.

Rift Chaser

Yah you should really roll a mage, they are awesome. See you back here in 2 months when your head explodes.

Warriors are still the hardest dps for me to shake, and I am being completely honest when I say that. Let me put it this way: if a rogue and a warrior jump me, which one do you think I detaunt? The way I see it, healing and warrior nerfs were to help bring rogues up to speed (and they still need a bit of a boost, imo).
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Prophet of Telara

When I logged on alot of people said they do not even bothe to pvp anymore...
    They probably thought you were gonna ask for a group

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Maladon View Post
    They probably thought you were gonna ask for a group
    Go read the Warrior forums. The game is broken and a waste of time. Warriors do not want to be cannon fodder for other Overpowered and broken classes. Trion had a fun and balanced game prior to the last bunch of patches.

The sad thing is Trion had really good PVP going prior to 1.4. I mean everyone was in the warfronts and having a good time. A few classes like Dominator needed nerfs but everyone was having fun. Now pvp is a joke and the only reason to pvp is for gear to use in pve. This in conjuction with the nerfs is causing people to leave the game because Rift PVP is garbage. It was good... but went down the drain so fast. LOL.

Trion has one patch to fix this crap or I believe alot of people will be fed up and leave for good. The patience of the player base has worn to thin. The warrior nerfs were not disclosed and so exrtreme as the ruin the class. These type of sweeping and poor changes signify a dev team and company out of touch with the game. Not a good sigh in a MMO that requires hours of time devoted from players.
    Last edited by Walsingham; 08-26-2011 at 01:26 PM. Reason: Rude

Ascendant

Now.... Trion fix the Warrior class and bring some fun back to the game. The currrent state of the game for pvp is so dismal I can't see much progress at this point.

For the scrub fail babies that keep whinning... who cares. Trion needs to decide whether they want servers full of people who want to enjoy the game or one server full of scrubs like this kid. Kind of reminds me of Warhammer. Strange....Trion does want to make money right? Considering how unhappy the player base is (especially the warriors) Trion seens keen on losing it.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-26-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed

I disagree with everything sub-R4 having an issue.

Rogues, Clerics, and Mages have options outside of DPS/Healing that they can help with. If you've got a low rank Rogue, they can spam Eradicate or Motifs. Things that are not gear dependent, etc. Clerics and Mages can also do things that are not gear dependent to help out. Sure, you'd rather have higher ranked players there...but it nothing like how little a sub-R4 Warrior provides.

The Warrior cannot stand back. Their survivability is crap. Their damage is crap. Their crit chance is probably going to be low, so they cannot even suicide charge in to drop the BI hoping it procs LW. Then again, when the higher ranked Warrior with survivability and damage can do that without being a free Bloodthirsty proc... yep, sub-R4 Warriors...yuck.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-26-2011 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Reply to a post that was removed
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

For the scrub fail babies that keep whinning...
    Ahem...teehee. Manly teehee, I assure you...but lol...teehee all the same.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Telaran

ummm...what game are you playing? Cause in almost every warfront I play warriors do close to the most damage with no real AoE spam like mages do, and 90% of the time have top kb's. In order to kill a Choloro all you have to do is time your interrupts right and they have no chance.

Nerco/locks will give you a hard time if their cool-downs are up, but otherwise most warriors are wacking people around in pvp just fine. I mean they basically two shot every other mage spec? Or perhaps you were wanting a class that has no equal, and can destroy everything with 1gcd??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast