+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Rottweiler-STi
  • 1 Post By generatedname

Thread: Evolution of PvP Whiners now and in the future (Too lazy to click: it never ends)

Default Evolution of PvP Whiners now and in the future (Too lazy to click: it never ends)

Past:

Whine 1: Valor is a horrible stat for gear and will only create gear gap i wont sub if this is added

*valor added*
    *bad still subs*

Whine 2: R6 people are owning me it takes forever to gain favor/prestige when im getting owned please make the game easier for me. r6 players should be penalized for having guilds/friends

*increase favor/prestige gain for losing*
    *reduce gear cost*

Whine 3: I'm a fresh 50 I have no valor please make the game easier.

*add valor trinkets, essences, and enchants that can be obtained without setting foot in a warfront*

Present:

Whine 4: Gear gap is too wide and it still takes too long for me to gear up even though you increased reward for losing and lowered the cost of items, please separate.

Future:

*trion separates queues*

Whine 5a: Queue times are too long please do something.
    Whine 5b: Why am i getting 2shot by rank 1s in raid gear, please separate queues based on gear or dont allow raid gear in wfs.

*Trion merges all shards*

Whine 6: why did you merge more pve servers with pvp servers now there are more HK ranked 1 players 1 shotting me and yes im still rank 3 even though ive been playing since release, please fix now.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 10:38 AM.

Truth ITT.
    60 Warrior | Defiant
    50 Rogue | Defiant
    50 Mage | Guardian
    50 Cleric | Defiant

Whine 6 would not be possible based on the actual resolution of Whine 5a & 5b.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Ascendant

how much time do spend each day finding dog pictures for your signature?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    how much time do spend each day finding dog pictures for your signature?
    5 seconds, google image search "rottweiler cart"

cart pulling is standard practice for rottis, it's in their blood, do some research

here ill do it for you

http://countrysiderotts.tripod.com/id21.html

Later on in the Middle Ages Rotts were used to pull carts. This is one of the two reasons many say why Rotties tails are docked. Tails get in the way of moving parts when pulling carts, so they simply cut them off when the puppies were a few days old. The other suggested reason why tails are docked is because Rotties were sometimes used as boar hunting dogs. The absence of a tail was one less thing to get damaged during a fight.
    now you are smarter. Stay tuned for my next signature.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Champion

silly whiners, if your gonna be persistent, at least be persistent about the same thing.. its like they thought because Rift threw out a patch addressing the problem it meant that they actually bothered to fix the problem ;)

if they just stuck to /c /v-ing numba 2 all over the forums im sure Rift would be a better place
    Last edited by garethh; 08-26-2011 at 01:45 PM.

Telaran

Separating the queues is not the answer. Fixing the rank/gear system is. Since this game is essentially a WoW clone, I will use a WoW reference. In WoW, when you hit max level, you don't start buying tier one gear. You buy gear that is one season behind with your honor to get started.

A fresh 50 should not start having to buy gear that is so far behind the curve. Going to a warfront as a fresh 50 is an excercise in futility. Even if you aren't dying in seconds, and you will, you can do much when you are alive.

So, the answer is, change the way gear is purchased. Have the new 50's start with the ability to buy what is now, say rank 4 or 5, gear. The top end guys still have an advantage and the new guys can actually play the damn game.

Rift Disciple

And the goal of this thread is what? To end the whining or?
    There is a good reason why there is so much whining, the balance is horrible in pvp.
    If you don't think that is the case you're probably one of those 'I did my time and so should you' type of players.
    In WoW you at least have a chance against a high ranked player, here a rank 1 or 2 is toast against anything 4 ranks higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkon View Post
    And the goal of this thread is what? To end the whining or?
    There is a good reason why there is so much whining, the balance is horrible in pvp.
    If you don't think that is the case you're probably one of those 'I did my time and so should you' type of players.
    In WoW you at least have a chance against a high ranked player, here a rank 1 or 2 is toast against anything 4 ranks higher.
    really you had a chance? so teams in last seasons gear had a chance against full gladiator teams? lol ok. maybe in the 800 bracket with the keyboard turners.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 08-26-2011 at 02:11 PM.

Rift Chaser

Hah! Good read and it's true too.

My only complaint/whine/gripe is to scale the classes better with higher gear.

Rank1-3 classes are pretty on par with each other but beyond that chloro mages are unkillable along with clerics and rogues fall behind hard.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    really you had a chance? so teams in last seasons gear had a chance against full gladiator teams? lol ok. maybe in the 800 bracket with the keyboard turners.
    I wasn't talking about teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkon View Post
    I wasn't talking about teams.
    1v1? lol even worse

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    1v1? lol even worse
    Ok I'll explain it a bit better for you then
    Imagine 2 rank 2's against a rank 6. Now imagine 2 non gladiator's against a gladiator.
    You figure it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Galgarion View Post
    Separating the queues is not the answer. Fixing the rank/gear system is. Since this game is essentially a WoW clone, I will use a WoW reference. In WoW, when you hit max level, you don't start buying tier one gear. You buy gear that is one season behind with your honor to get started.

A fresh 50 should not start having to buy gear that is so far behind the curve. Going to a warfront as a fresh 50 is an excercise in futility. Even if you aren't dying in seconds, and you will, you can do much when you are alive.

So, the answer is, change the way gear is purchased. Have the new 50's start with the ability to buy what is now, say rank 4 or 5, gear. The top end guys still have an advantage and the new guys can actually play the damn game.
    First of all, not really a WoW Clone. Such an overused and misused term.

Aside from that, if you were actually to make the comparison between WoW Seasons and the RIFT Rank Sets - well, you'd run into an issue of sort...

The "average" WoW season would be 23 weeks. Given that we are on the 4th set of gear, it would be a case that 69 weeks would have passed before R7/8 gear entered the picture. That was not the case. It was around 23 weeks, oddly enough.

So if you were to say we're in the "Second Season", you would do away with the R1-4 gear (perhaps retire it to costume pieces). Fresh 50s would work toward getting R5/6 gear. Would that be at the R1/2 costs while the R7/8 gear would be at R3/4 costs? Or something like that, eh?

How would you handle the actual PvP Souls then? Obviously, they could not be based on Rank with such a system...

...given that they are looking at introducing AA with 1.5, would it be a case that the PvP Souls would become a form of AA instead? How would you handle migrating players that have been playing through these six months that did not earn XP to spend the AA, then?

Oh well, just a random thought while running a restore....
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread