+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: I'm going to keep making these threads

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    Trion there is no end game PvP, I grinded to rank 8 and now i hate WF so why would i do another WF now i have the gear give me a god damn challenge i want new pvp content, content that challenges me, i want a way in which i get things because of skill not because i farm endlessly.

PLEASE im trying to stay interested in this game but you are not making it easy for me
    I approve this thread.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    waaaaaagh im unemployed living in my moms basement playing 18 hours a day and im bored now!
    You really are bitter aren't you, I haven't seen one positive post from you, unless you count ' learn to play you bad'.

Shadowlander

More faction vs faction content where guilds stand to lose something in pvp. This would create a political environment and maybe keep ppls interest.

End of story.
    Last edited by Taelimar; 08-26-2011 at 02:59 PM.

Rift Chaser

Already derailed on the first page good job lol.

So to the people insulting the OP, why is that his request unreasonable? I came to this game for the pvp and that's why I play. My subscription is worth the same as some who does only pve and asking for some content for the future isn't unreasonable. PvE players don't ask for a new raid so they have something to do with their gear as it's expected something new will come out next patch. Pvp players got raid rifts which was a great addition to the game but as more and more people get r8 there should be something else to work on.

I wouldn't mind seeing a r9/10 that has the same stats as 7/8 but is completely unique looking and not just recolored gear with a minor change.

Another thing is a possible pvpve instance like aion did which was fun as hell. A mirrored instace where you race to the boss and can use the mobs to your advantage. That's something I would like to see or possibly escalation for scion/dex/bg that offers somewhat different objectives to give us a break from Whitehall and keep things fresh.

Just some ideas but it's not unreasonable to ask for them.

Quote Originally Posted by CrunchyBacon View Post
    You never know, I know a dude who spent 100k remodeling his basement, it looked freaking amazing.

Hell, I was at a party once, where the house had a GARAGE with marble floors and custom cabinets, better than the ones I have in my kitchen. Then again that place probably went for 10 mil. Must be nice ;p
    You went to a party at Gersh's place? I heard he has a waterfall in his master bath that's continually fed by the tears of the Rift PVP community. His bedsheets are sewn from the shattered souls of level 50 Guardian puggers.
    Last edited by overbyte; 08-26-2011 at 03:34 PM.

You play PvP and you want Trion to give you a challenge, but not one that is PvE? o.O

/poke - its suppose to be the people you verse.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-26-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Rift Chaser

Man, I'm this close to scrolling through and liking every post in this thread.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    oh then you should do the quest to kill charhounds and gather flowers and battle plans from the undead
    Will you marry me?

Quote Originally Posted by praggers View Post
    Trion there is no end game PvP, I grinded to rank 8 and now i hate WF so why would i do another WF now i have the gear give me a god damn challenge i want new pvp content, content that challenges me, i want a way in which i get things because of skill not because i farm endlessly.

PLEASE im trying to stay interested in this game but you are not making it easy for me
    Ok, here's a legit response. And consider this a disclaimer that it's all my opinion, just so it doesn't seem like I'm lecturing you.

The way I see it, the challenge in this game (or any game, really) is to be the best player you can possibly be within the rules of the game. In order to gauge your quality as a player, you need some sort of metric: PvEers have instances, PvPers have each other. So in your case, your challenge is simply the competition from other players (duh, right?). Your goal should be to prove to everyone (including yourself) that you know the ins and outs of your character in order to handle any encounter with another player. The beauty of it is you can't possibly handle all of the competition out there with the number of soulpoints you're given. This means you'll require the abilities of other players, turning your quest to prove yourself into a team game, which leads to WFs, then premades, then coordinating over voip, then arenas, etc etc... and that challenge should pretty much keep you occupied, unless you and your group are really THAT good.

And just to be clear, you aren't grinding for rank and gear just to obtain rank and gear, you're grinding it out because it gives you a competitive edge (i.e. it makes your character stronger). To the people that say "p8 doesn't mean you're good, it just means you played more", you're right, but that isn't the point. The point is the players that WANT to compete at that high of a level are WILLING to put in the time to do so. Dismissing it as simply "more time invested" would be like sitting on your arse for 30 years and dismissing an NFL player's success by saying "he's not better than me, he just played more football than I did." Maybe saying that will be enough satisfy your ego, but you'd have to put in the time to really find out.

That said, I think I can take you. There's your god damn challenge.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Quote Originally Posted by victz View Post
    Ok, here's a legit response. And consider this a disclaimer that it's all my opinion, just so it doesn't seem like I'm lecturing you.

The way I see it, the challenge in this game (or any game, really) is to be the best player you can possibly be within the rules of the game. In order to gauge your quality as a player, you need some sort of metric: PvEers have instances, PvPers have each other. So in your case, your challenge is simply the competition from other players (duh, right?). Your goal should be to prove to everyone (including yourself) that you know the ins and outs of your character in order to handle any encounter with another player. The beauty of it is you can't possibly handle all of the competition out there with the number of soulpoints you're given. This means you'll require the abilities of other players, turning your quest to prove yourself into a team game, which leads to WFs, then premades, then coordinating over voip, then arenas, etc etc... and that challenge should pretty much keep you occupied, unless you and your group are really THAT good.

And just to be clear, you aren't grinding for rank and gear just to obtain rank and gear, you're grinding it out because it gives you a competitive edge (i.e. it makes your character stronger). To the people that say "p8 doesn't mean you're good, it just means you played more", you're right, but that isn't the point. The point is the players that WANT to compete at that high of a level are WILLING to put in the time to do so. Dismissing it as simply "more time invested" would be like sitting on your arse for 30 years and dismissing an NFL player's success by saying "he's not better than me, he just played more football than I did." Maybe saying that will be enough satisfy your ego, but you'd have to put in the time to really find out.

That said, I think I can take you. There's your god damn challenge.
    ^^^^^^What he said^^^^^
    Further, for all the scrubs that believe their rank 8 prestige and gear has entitled them to believe they are some sort of elite and untouchable force of God, please see above quote and read once more.....

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2