+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Eliminate ranks 1-7

Shadowlander

Default Eliminate ranks 1-7

Considering how "hard" it is to pvp, especially for someone just hitting 50, Trion needs to remove all ranks and just start everyone at rank 8 and give them all free gear. This way all the cry babies can enter a warfront and be a fully geared rank 8 player.

Never mind the concept of "earning" anything.

Lets make everything easy for the lazy people.

Waaaaa, we cant compete against higher ranked players, waaaaaaaaaaa.

I hit 50 one week ago. Im rank 4 already. Yes, ive been beaten, battered and humiliated along the way. But i'm stronger for it. I will continue to take my knocks and press forward through the ranks. Because I am a true warrior. I will not cry or complain. I will be rank 8. And i will have "earned" it.

Those of you looking for a free ride or a handout are the ones who will eventually ruin this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Garble View Post
    Considering how "hard" it is to pvp, especially for someone just hitting 50, Trion needs to remove all ranks and just start everyone at rank 8 and give them all free gear. This way all the cry babies can enter a warfront and be a fully geared rank 8 player.

Lets make everything easy for the lazy people.

Waaaaa, we cant compete against higher ranked players, waaaaaaaaaaa.

I hit 50 one week ago. Im rank 4 already. Yes, ive been beaten, battered and humiliated along the way. But i'm stronger for it. I will continue to take my knocks and press forward through the ranks. Because I am a true warrior. I will not cry or complain. I will be rank 8. And i will have "earned" it.

Those of you looking for a free ride or a handout are the ones who will eventually ruin this game.

This will still not work. If everyone gets free R8 gear, crybabies will enter the WF and once they die a few times eventually they will move on to the next complaint.

You have to remember people expect to charge into battle and not die while roll lol stomping the opposition like rambo would, any other outcome results in coming to this forum and complaining about 1) their class is underpowered and needs buffing 2) the other classes are overpowered and need nerfing OR 3) the healer isnt doing their job dammit why arent they keeping me alive!

The only way to stop the crying is to give everyone the best gear, and reduce everyone to one class/ one tree. A super warrior tank that can hold a two handed weapon with one hand and use a shield, with cleric heals plus slip away that can fulminate for 7K (wile stealthed). This would solve all the problems with balance!

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Garble View Post
    <snip>

<snip>

All PvP gear in this game is a "free ride or a handout". You do not have to demonstrate any skill at this game to get it, all you have to do is log hours. You didn't "earn" anything, you got shinies for bothering to participate.

Until you are R4, you contribute nothing to your team and you learn nothing about the game, because it is literally impossible for you to kill anything R6 and above, and you don't live long enough to figure out what works and what doesn't. Even at R4, your usefulness is marginal, and only in proportion to how many low-rank players the other team has. I can kill R3 and below players inside of a Paralyzing Strike, giving them ZERO ability to play their toons at all -- they go to the graveyard having had absolutely no opportunity to learn how to play. R4 players require a Foul Play on the end, but they still get stunlocked. I suspect, once I pick up R8 weapons, that R4s will be dying inside the Paralyzing Strike as well.

PvP in this game doesn't really start until you hit R6 because of the ludicrous gear disparities, and the players who have R6+ didn't have to be any good at the game to get it, they just started playing earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    All PvP gear in this game is a "free ride or a handout". You do not have to demonstrate any skill at this game to get it, all you have to do is log hours. You didn't "earn" anything, you got shinies for bothering to participate.

Until you are R4, you contribute nothing to your team and you learn nothing about the game, because it is literally impossible for you to kill anything R6 and above, and you don't live long enough to figure out what works and what doesn't. Even at R4, your usefulness is marginal, and only in proportion to how many low-rank players the other team has. I can kill R3 and below players inside of a Paralyzing Strike, giving them ZERO ability to play their toons at all -- they go to the graveyard having had absolutely no opportunity to learn how to play. R4 players require a Foul Play on the end, but they still get stunlocked. I suspect, once I pick up R8 weapons, that R4s will be dying inside the Paralyzing Strike as well.

PvP in this game doesn't really start until you hit R6 because of the ludicrous gear disparities, and the players who have R6+ didn't have to be any good at the game to get it, they just started playing earlier.

All i hear is panic and obvious inability to hit rank 8
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    All i hear is panic and obvious inability to hit rank 8
    heh.

What kind of inability would prevent you from pressing the WF queue button? Thats the only ability you need to get rank 8.

Rogue will still cry though.

Rift Disciple

Just so you know....

You're wrong.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    Just so you know....

You're wrong.
    no u

/10char

I would like to say as a p7 rogue with 40k prestige till r8, who now can be quite a bully if he wants to - got pretty dominated through rank 1 - 3..... I dealt with it. Look at me now This story took place over the course of about 2 - 3 months ago when I hit 50
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-26-2011 at 11:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

I've posted several times how low-tier players can be helpful in WFs... I'm not going to waste my time writing it up again.

But low tier players do not have to be useless if they know how to play their class, and are flexible.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Ascendant

I've posted several times how low-tier players can be helpful in WFs... I'm not going to waste my time writing it up again.

But low tier players do not have to be useless if they know how to play their class, and are flexible.
    As I said, their usefulness is only in proportion to the number of low-rank players on the other team.

A low rank rogue can go MM to be an Eradicate spambot. It won't matter when the R6+ Sin/NB on the other team goes over and eats him for breakfast before he gets two Eradicates off. Or the R8 warrior. Or the R6+ Stormcaller off to the side.

The more low-rank players the other team has, the more successfull he will be, but his usefulness is limited to the luck of the draw on the enemy team composition.

The same applies to all low-rank support specs. They'll do fine if they're left alone. Halfway decent teams won't leave them alone, and they won't survive high rank players on them because they don't have the valor necessary.

Rift Disciple

As I said, their usefulness is only in proportion to the number of low-rank players on the other team.

A low rank rogue can go MM to be an Eradicate spambot. It won't matter when the R6+ Sin/NB on the other team goes over and eats him for breakfast before he gets two Eradicates off. Or the R8 warrior. Or the R6+ Stormcaller off to the side.

The more low-rank players the other team has, the more successfull he will be, but his usefulness is limited to the luck of the draw on the enemy team composition.

The same applies to all low-rank support specs. They'll do fine if they're left alone. Halfway decent teams won't leave them alone, and they won't survive high rank players on them because they don't have the valor necessary.

Actually, you said "Until you are R4, you contribute nothing to your team and you learn nothing about the game"

That may be true for you... but don't project that onto everyone else. That's all I'm saying.

- me

I've posted several times how low-tier players can be helpful in WFs... I'm not going to waste your time writing it up again.
    Fixed that for you.

Generally speaking, going through your posts and the replies to them. You get carried and speak from a lack of experience with PvP in RIFT.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Fixed that for you.

Generally speaking, going through your posts and the replies to them. You get carried and speak from a lack of experience with PvP in RIFT.
    Oh gee, I'm hurt.

My gaming prowess has been questioned on a forum.

Think I'll go cry now.

- me

Ascendant

Actually, you said "Until you are R4, you contribute nothing to your team and you learn nothing about the game"

That may be true for you... but don't project that onto everyone else. That's all I'm saying.
    Play against opposing teams that aren't bad. As soon as your R1 MM or Dominator rolls up to the fight, and a high-rank DPS hears that electric ping of Eradicate or sees himself taking Storm Shackle or Mass Betrayal hits, you're going to get globalled.

This is pretty much how I play the opening skirmish of Escalation mode. There's no stone for me to run yet, so I ride up to the middle, hit Stealth (Sin), and look for support specs under 5K HP. Unless you happen to have a high-rank healer buddy healbotting you and only you, you're done.

That's not a brag, because that's not a feat worth bragging about. It's trivial, and that's my entire point. Against a competent opposing team, anything under R4 is just a Bloodthirsty powerup waiting to be collected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast