+ Reply to Thread

Thread: issue with a Single Warrior ability

Soulwalker

Default issue with a Single Warrior ability

So there are lots of people ranting about Warriors lately and their damage, but I only have a problem with ONE ability Warriors have. I am NOT saying to get rid of the ability or change its function. The issue I have is for an ability this powerful, it needs to be higher in the tree.

Battlefield Intimidation - 10 Energy 30 sec cooldown. Causes an enemy to be rooted for 6 seconds AND causes all others around to be feared for 6 seconds. Does NOT break on damage.

It only requires 11 points into a tree to obtain. - compare to other classes with similar abilities AoE fear for cleric requires 26 points. is on a 60 second cooldown. no root. Assassin has a AoE confuse that requires 44 points and confuses targets for 6 sec. also breaks on damage.

Hey I could be wrong, I welcome anyone to point out an ability in any soul that has the same level of crowd control for 11 points into a tree. Not even Dominator a class originally defined as a CC class has this level of OP.

Wait! Are you suggesting BI is on the level with See All Fae?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Soulwalker

Dont even get me started on tracking abilities. I dont think i've ever found a use for them

Shield of Telara

Just give it up already.

Anymore warrior nerfs and the class is dead.

You want every useful ability moved to the 25pt+ part of the tree? Look at all of the other classes. That's not how it works. Even if you moved it to the 20+ tier every pvp build would still have and use it, so you're either misinformed on warrior builds or you just want it nerfed to single target/long cooldown. It's fine as is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Hekateh View Post
    Battlefield Intimidation - 10 Energy 30 sec cooldown. Causes an enemy to be rooted for 6 seconds AND causes all others around to be feared for 6 seconds. Does NOT break on damage.
    BI does break on damage.
    The problem isn't BI.The problem is war fear, cleric fear and mage fear back to back to back. It sucks I know.

Battlefield Intimidation is working fine. The only people who have issues with it are in lower ranks where diminishing returns isn't triggered as often but it works fine there too. If you all clump up in a zerg ball while pvping then you deserve whatever AoE lands on you.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Fatalflaw View Post
    Just give it up already.

Anymore warrior nerfs and the class is dead.

You want every useful ability moved to the 25pt+ part of the tree? Look at all of the other classes. That's not how it works. Even if you moved it to the 20+ tier every pvp build would still have and use it, so you're either misinformed on warrior builds or you just want it nerfed to single target/long cooldown. It's fine as is.
    Bullcr*p

This is intrinsically whats wrong with the warrior - amazing abilities like this low in the tree. It should be a 25+ spend. Bullrush should be a 25+ spend. Permateleport in rift should be removed full stop. Self heal to full a 20+ spend.

Too many cheap iwin buttons means warrior is going to have 2-3 of them minimum. Along with high dps and high defense.

+ Reply to Thread