+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: Trion, plz do not listen to the PVP newbs

Shadowlander

Default Trion, plz do not listen to the PVP newbs

Every other post on this forum is some one crying about how they can't just ding 50 and stroll into a warfront and destroy people, or about how they get rofled in their hard-earned (lol) raid gear.
    When I first dinged 50 the complaint on the forums was facing people who botted or afk'ed the rank 6 gear, now its about those who exploited the PVP rifts for rank 8.
    Well most people who have the PVP gear spent alot of freaking time in warfronts earning it, which honestly does not take very long when compared to other PVP games (aside from "Press the lever get the pellet Wow"). Not only do they outgear these fresh PVP'ers, but they also have a great deal of *experience* with various specs, and probably have 21 points in their various PVP talent trees.
    Was it fun getting crushed by rank 6 players when I first entered Port Scion? ...sometimes. It puts the fire in your belly to make you want to grind those warfronts so you can eventually be the person who is melting noob faces.
    My point is this. The people who are happy with the PVP system are not on here complaining about it. If they start handing out PVP gear to these crybabies, guess what? They are still going to suck, and, if they are anything like me and my husband, the people who played hard to get it months ago are going to be pissed enough to cancel their subscriptions.

Quote Originally Posted by jianna View Post
    Every other post on this forum is some one crying about how they can't just ding 50 and stroll into a warfront and destroy people, or about how they get rofled in their hard-earned (lol) raid gear.
    When I first dinged 50 the complaint on the forums was facing people who botted or afk'ed the rank 6 gear, now its about those who exploited the PVP rifts for rank 8.
    Well most people who have the PVP gear spent alot of freaking time in warfronts earning it, which honestly does not take very long when compared to other PVP games (aside from "Press the lever get the pellet Wow"). Not only do they outgear these fresh PVP'ers, but they also have a great deal of *experience* with various specs, and probably have 21 points in their various PVP talent trees.
    Was it fun getting crushed by rank 6 players when I first entered Port Scion? ...sometimes. It puts the fire in your belly to make you want to grind those warfronts so you can eventually be the person who is melting noob faces.
    My point is this. The people who are happy with the PVP system are not on here complaining about it. If they start handing out PVP gear to these crybabies, guess what? They are still going to suck, and, if they are anything like me and my husband, the people who played hard to get it months ago are going to be pissed enough to cancel their subscriptions.
    i am dubs and i approve this message!
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Shadowlander

Sorry for the "wall of text" effect in my OP, that wasn't how it looked when I typed it.

Ascendant

or about how they get rofled in their hard-earned (lol) raid gear.

<snip>

Well most people who have the PVP gear spent alot of freaking time in warfronts earning it
    The gear you have to successfully down raid bosses for is "hard-earned (lol)", while the gear that you get for AFK losing in warfronts is gear that you "spent alot of freaking time in warfronts earning".

I'm not sure you understand what the word "earned" means.

Not only do they outgear these fresh PVP'ers, but they also have a great deal of *experience* with various specs, and probably have 21 points in their various PVP talent trees.
    OP is a confirmed bad. Nobody who has "a great deal of experience" goes 21 deep into ANY PvP tree except as a joke/gimmick build. Warriors almost universally loathe Vindicator except for lolSubdue gimmick builds, Rogues never go more than 15 deep into Infiltrator unless they want some lulz with Ambush, and clerics never go very deep into Templar. Maybe mages go deep into Archmage for some obtuse build I've never seen, but it's not common -- they're all to busy spending points in ChloroLock.

So we get some grade-school playground logic here. "One day, I'LL be the big kid bullying everyone at recess!"

You didn't play hard to get your PvP gear. You get it even if you lose every single match you play and never get a single kill. It is a guaranteed sure thing if you just leave the game running long enough.

R6, halfway to R7, and I only PvP in the evenings when I'm not raiding -- if I was a hardcore poopsocker with no job I'd have been R8 weeks ago. "Earn" doesn't even factor into the equation, it is time logged and nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Dinged 50 last night on my mage, been exclusively running scion and coming out about even on my killing blows to deaths, sitting on about 5/6th of the list in terms of damage done and kb's alltogether. I have ran into some p7/8's and they have rolled my face in (as to be expected from a 1 mill prestige gap), i just hit respawn and come back again loitering in the back waiting to jump the dude back when a bunch of team members pile on him ^^

People just expect to be topdog from the get-go and the amount of whine threads is ridiculous.
    Last edited by AintEvenMadBro; 08-26-2011 at 07:57 AM.
    Freyn likes boys in hotpants.

Rapsodia - p6 Stromcooler. I'm in ur warfrunts, hittin u for faive thousandz

Plane Walker

I don't understand you pve guys being so angry with the method of getting pvp gear. You fight scripted encounters for loot. The first few times, you don't know the steps of the dance and die, eventually you learn it, or, most likely, look at a guide and kill it to collect loot. I've been in several dungeons and raids that had people essentially afking their way through, being sure to hit need on loot they needed.

I take it back, I do understand the rage, and it has nothing to do with the way gear is acquired, its that you raiders remember the good ole days when raiders were top dogs in pvp because of the huge gear advantage over people who only wanted/had time to pvp. I'm sure you'd like to get rid of valor as well, right?

QFT baddies will be qqing always

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    I don't understand you pve guys being so angry with the method of getting pvp gear. You fight scripted encounters for loot. The first few times, you don't know the steps of the dance and die, eventually you learn it, or, most likely, look at a guide and kill it to collect loot. I've been in several dungeons and raids that had people essentially afking their way through, being sure to hit need on loot they needed.

I take it back, I do understand the rage, and it has nothing to do with the way gear is acquired, its that you raiders remember the good ole days when raiders were top dogs in pvp because of the huge gear advantage over people who only wanted/had time to pvp. I'm sure you'd like to get rid of valor as well, right?
    No, I'm actually fine with the way things are now. I just take issue when some sanctimonious person parrots that tired old line of "lol, go kill scripted dragons for free lewtz", in a game like Rift where you can collect full R8 gear even if you fail miserably at everything you do in PvP.

It's like that age-old stance on religion -- I don't care what god(s) you worship, but as soon as you start trying to shove it in my face, we have a problem.

I don't care that you get PvP gear for showing up and nothing more. But as soon as you start trying to pretend that it requires more effort than "lol scripted bosses", we have a problem.

Also: Lol, replacing one gear grind with a different flavor gear grind doesn't solve your problem of people with more time on their hands stomping people who have less time on their hands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    No, I'm actually fine with the way things are now. I just take issue when some sanctimonious person parrots that tired old line of "lol, go kill scripted dragons for free lewtz", in a game like Rift where you can collect full R8 gear even if you fail miserably at everything you do in PvP.

It's like that age-old stance on religion -- I don't care what god(s) you worship, but as soon as you start trying to shove it in my face, we have a problem.

I don't care that you get PvP gear for showing up and nothing more. But as soon as you start trying to pretend that it requires more effort than "lol scripted bosses", we have a problem.

Also: Lol, replacing one gear grind with a different flavor gear grind doesn't solve your problem of people with more time on their hands stomping people who have less time on their hands.
    what ever happened to getting rewards for winning? the token system was the way to go. 3 for win, 1 for loss. done.

screw prestige, screw notoriety, screw favor. you want the gear...get the wins for it.

Ascendant

1. how many of the "lol scripted encounters" people have cleared HK? Or to make it more realistic, even just GSB/RoS/GP?
    2. calling people "bad" or "baddies" over a game which is gear before skill is extremely silly.
    2.5. however, some people seem to enjoy the nigh-invincibility they get from good gear and it inflates their opinion of their selves
    3. most people who love how gear and rank determine everything have never played a competitive game

Rift Disciple

Sorry for the "wall of text" effect in my OP, that wasn't how it looked when I typed it.

Thank you for saving me from having to say something about it.

I agree with your post though. I think I'm one of only a handfull of R2 players that are actually up here saying the current system is okay.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Link please?

Well, yep - those are legitimate concerns.

Assume much?

And lol, 21 pointing the PvP Soul...? ****... LMFAO.

Fire in your belly? More like trying to ease the fire in your...ahem...more like hoping for a desensitizing lube as you willingly grab your ankles until you hope you can be the one bending new players over the sawhorse...

My point is this. The people who are happy with the PVP system are not on here complaining about it.
    Give this woman the ingame title of Captain Obvious!

If they start handing out PVP gear to these crybabies, guess what? They are still going to suck, and, if they are anything like me and my husband, the people who played hard to get it months ago are going to be pissed enough to cancel their subscriptions.
    This is ludicrous! Do you know why? Because for the most part, instead of splitting the Ranks - fixing bugs - addressing issues with combat mechanics, etc...

...Trion has basically done what you said. They have reduced the cost of gear multiple times. They have increased the gain of Favor/Prestige multiple times.

Instead of fixing the problem, they've decided to try to decrease the time investment... you should have already been pissed enough to cancel long ago.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I am Ronnen and I approve this message.

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    1. how many of the "lol scripted encounters" people have cleared HK? Or to make it more realistic, even just GSB/RoS/GP?
    2. calling people "bad" or "baddies" over a game which is gear before skill is extremely silly.
    2.5. however, some people seem to enjoy the nigh-invincibility they get from good gear and it inflates their opinion of their selves
    3. most people who love how gear and rank determine everything have never played a competitive game
    No where did you actually post anything close to a fact. Fail at being a troll as well as at pvp much?

Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    Thank you for saving me from having to say something about it.

I agree with your post though. I think I'm one of only a handfull of R2 players that are actually up here saying the current system is okay.
    Because you arent a baddie who wants to be artificially placed on an equal footing

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast