Closed Thread

Thread: 2 months playing and Im done with rift.

Shadowlander

Default 2 months playing and Im done with rift.

So been playing for just over 2 months now and have a p6 rogue and the only thing that has changed is I can pretty much faceroll rank1-5 players or insta jib pve players. Rank 6-8 players sometimes i win sometimes I lose but hey thats the nature of the game.

The grind to p6 has not been fun and after playing the same old geared based zerg WF's I am pretty much sick and tired of this type of pvp and have no interest in grinding to p8 so that i can faceroll even faster.

The pvp is stale, it has no tactics other than zerg and hold or zerg. It will almost always results in which team has the better geared warriors and clerics that can hold and win the match.

world pvp and 1v1 is ok, but I can imagine it would be pretty frustrating being any other class than rogue. Unless you run in groups all the time or play with a pocket healer you can consider yourself a free kill when trying to complete any pvp based quests. I also find that 1v1 encounters are pretty much based on the gear element and spamming macros. There is no real skill involved as the combat system is so simple and the macro system just makes the game LOL.

People that think they outclass other players or have a much higher skill lvl are just delusional. Classes are very unbalanced in Rift and people like to think when they play those OP classes its them and not the class that is imba. Then add gear into the equation and certain classes can pretty much become God mode with very little actual gaming skill involved.

2 months, a fair bit of grinding later and I have lost all interest in anything rift has to offer. Its a shame because I felt this game had potential, but sadly the massive imbalance in gear and the skill-less pvp gameplay has made this game very repetative.

I would say you have to have no life what so ever to endure this game for a prolonged period of time or have a serious MMO addiction.

So long folks, was good for the first 4 weeks and then the repetition starts to kick in. Cant see the pvp changing anytime soon and I feel the system could use a complete overhaul to eliminate the simple combat system thats in place now.
    Last edited by Grimwalker1; 08-26-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Grimwalker1 View Post
    So been playing for just over 2 months now and have a p6 rogue and the only thing that has changed is I can pretty much faceroll rank1-5 players or insta jib pve players. Rank 6-8 players sometimes i win sometimes I lose but hey thats the nature of the game.

The grind to p6 has not been fun and after playing the same old geared based zerg WF's I am pretty much sick and tired of this type of pvp and have no interest in grinding to p8 so that i can faceroll even faster.

The pvp is stale, it has no tactics other than zerg and hold or zerg. It will almost always results in which team has the better geared warriors and clerics that can hold and win the match.

world pvp and 1v1 is ok, but I can imagine it would be pretty frustrating being any other class than rogue. Unless you run in groups all the time or play with a pocket healer you can consider yourself a free kill when trying to complete any pvp based quests. I also find that 1v1 encounters are pretty much based on the gear element and spamming macros. There is no real skill involved as the combat system is so simple and the macro system just makes the game LOL.

People that think they outclass other players or have a much higher skill lvl are just delusional. Classes are very unbalanced in Rift and people like to think when they play those OP classes its them and not the class that is imba. Then add gear into the equation and certain classes can pretty much become God mode with very little actual gaming skill involved.

2 months, a fair bit of grinding later and I have lost all interest in anything rift has to offer. Its a shame because I felt this game had potential, but sadly the massive imbalance in gear and the skill-less pvp gameplay has made this game very repetative.

I would say you have to have no life what so ever to endure this game for a prolonged period of time or have a serious MMO addiction.

So long folks, was good for the first 4 weeks and then the repetition starts to kick in. Cant see the pvp changing anytime soon and I feel the system could use a complete overhaul to eliminate the simple combat system thats in place now.
    I feel your pain. Have also been playing about 2 months. Got a P6 cleric and at this stage i'm bored. Not really much to do for PVP other then WF's and fail PVP rifts...A RVR zone or something would make a huge difference but I doubt its going to happen anytime soon.

I think ill probably also cancel and maybe come back if they ever add some substantial content to the game. The PVP rifts are honestly nothing to write home about and feel like a fast and lazy "addition"

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by vortexdr15 View Post
    I feel your pain. Have also been playing about 2 months. Got a P6 cleric and at this stage i'm bored. Not really much to do for PVP other then WF's and fail PVP rifts...A RVR zone or something would make a huge difference but I doubt its going to happen anytime soon.

I think ill probably also cancel and maybe come back if they ever add some substantial content to the game. The PVP rifts are honestly nothing to write home about and feel like a fast and lazy "addition"
    I have already canceled (sub expires 9/4), but I'm considering re-upping just to see what they do with the new zone. If it's RVR, it may be the one thing that revives my interest. I did the raid till your eyes bleed schtick in two other games and it really no longer floats my boat. PvP is what I enjoy - and MMORPG PvP in particular because I'm getting older (embarrassing, really, to be my age and obsessed with games =P) and I don't have the visual acuity I did when I was younger. Hand-eye is still pretty good, but the circuits from eyeball to brain recognition are slowing. Although, to be honest, a 1.5s GCD is still too long IMO.

If Trion rescues PvP, I'll stick around. But gear gaps, premades and boredom are taking their toll.

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Grimwalker1, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread