+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Silences and stuns are out of control.

Rift Disciple

Default Silences and stuns are out of control.

Can't believe its actually worse than WoW--its completely its re-re.

As if the healing nerf wasn't enough, I spend 50% of my time either stunned, rooted or silenced. Real fun-NOT.
    Last edited by mynameistaken; 08-26-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Shadowlander

My favorite is when premades time their stuns/silences for when a dom is casting mana drain. You get chain stunned/silenced and by the time it's gone you're completely out of mana and unable to do anything. Yay.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatious View Post
    My favorite is when premades time their stuns/silences for when a dom is casting mana drain. You get chain stunned/silenced and by the time it's gone you're completely out of mana and unable to do anything. Yay.
    So you have a problem with people using their abilities wisely? Nerf teamwork and coordination! I want my opponents to be unable to stop me!
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-26-2011 at 04:29 AM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Quote Originally Posted by mynameistaken View Post

As if the healing nerf wasn't enough, I spend 50% of my time either stunned, rooted or silenced. Real fun-NOT.
    You're lucky they're all on the same DR.

Rift Disciple

You don't need a premade to do that, a dom is quite capable of locking you down with silence that interrupts you each second and mana draining you while dpsing and stunning when that's done with, which would be incredibly overpowered but they're all on the same DR and people use break frees and **** out heals while getting their mana back very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Horatious View Post
    my favorite is when the pug dom stands close enough to us so we can chain cc them.

aux

Wait, this isn't an FPS?!
    I'm so BORED

It's _NOT_ worse than wow, all cc seem to share dr in rift
    Signatures are for noobs

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mo0rbid View Post
    It's _NOT_ worse than wow, all cc seem to share dr in rift
    There are certain exceptions (hello Earth Burst) but yes, all CC shares a common DR in Rfit.

While it can be frustrating to be locked down, I don't think they should prevent all of it from happening. The biggest issue I see is that, while they were trying to add CC for PVE, none of the encounters really require CC - especially the regulars. I can count on one hand the number of CC I've seen in instances. Where CC was ridiculous was early (1.0, Beta) PvP where people could be literally locked out forever (or until dead). Dom / Pyro wrecked people - and you really had little to no chance to respond to them. You just squirreled, one debuff, bang dead.

I'm unhappy with a few things about PvP (mostly the people, to be honest), but removal of CC will just turn the game into a fragfest (even more than it currently is <eyes R8 warriors jealously>).

Imaging if the OP played before the patch(1.2, 1.3?) that inroduced DR'd. I've been playing since beta, and i never complained then...
    Rezzistance -Seastone/Defiant Mage
    Rezzist - Seastone/Defiant Rogue
    MeatyCurtains - Seastone/Guardian Rogue

try being ability block and energy drain spammed as a warrior and all you can do is auto attack, and stunned spammed root spammed morph spammed snared 1 after another.

try playing a wariror and then get back to me on that.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    So you have a problem with people using their abilities wisely? Nerf teamwork and coordination! I want my opponents to be unable to stop me!
    I think it's awesome people are actually doing what I mentioned... it actually takes timing and coordination. However, there are far too many stuns making it EASY to do that... and it actually happens quite often by PUGs unintentionally.

Nearly ever character has a stun or silence; it's a bit ridiculous. IMO: Rogues should have stuns, casters should have silence/knockback/roots, and healers/warriors should have interrupts/reflections. That would reduce the overuse of stuns in large warfronts.

Shadowlander

Sadly, Rift class design doesn't promote teamwork. The way the classes are now, they are made to be self-sufficient.

But back on the subject of cc's, there needs to be an approximate 5-10 sec stun immunity after being stunned; same goes for being squirreled. BUT, this doesn't and will not solve the overall problem.

As for silences, they don't really matter since mages are currently op right now.

Class design needs to be reworked so that it is more paper/rock/scissors. This will cause the class standing on either side of you to be more valuable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taelimar View Post
    Sadly, Rift class design doesn't promote teamwork. The way the classes are now, they are made to be self-sufficient.

But back on the subject of cc's, there needs to be an approximate 5-10 sec stun immunity after being stunned; same goes for being squirreled. BUT, this doesn't and will not solve the overall problem.

As for silences, they don't really matter since mages are currently op right now.

Class design needs to be reworked so that it is more paper/rock/scissors. This will cause the class standing on either side of you to be more valuable.
    Cabal classes were pretty self sufficient as well and group pvp required coordination still. Well before they turned the game into complete crap.

Rift Chaser

Then you'd want to be playing a 2k dps dealing, refreshing teleporting, stunning, silencing, interrupting sort of class.......oh wait.

Silence is probably the single dumbest thing in this game at the moment. WTB 8 second complete shutdown and be able to damage other class ability.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast