+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP Quests...wtf?

Default PVP Quests...wtf?

Ok, seriously, I know I'm on a PVE server (was on a PVP moved with the guild, blah, blah, blah.) I spent the last 2 hours trying to kill 25 Defiants in Stillmoore. There was a group doing PVP rifts but of course I couldn't get any Guardians to help, no big deal, killed 24 of them before they got smart and started running in groups. So I need one more kill and PVP rift ends and Defiants leave. Once again, no big deal, run around looking for a flagged Defiant...none...a ton of people doing PVP quests, none flagged.

I begged for Defiants to flag, I couldn't of cared if there were 3 of them I would have suicided in and got my kill, but alas, nobody flagged. Seriously, if you are doing the PVP quests, flag for crying out loud it's only proper.

**Edit: Guardians weren't flagged either, same goes for them**

** Edit 2: On Icewatch by the way**
    <<Insert witty comment here>>

Ascendant

lol @ a guild moving from a PVP server to a PVE server.
    Couldn't take the heat?

(ok, done trolling)

I never played on a PVE server, but how does it work for PVP rifts? You're flagged if you pick up a stone?

The same could ( and should ) apply for pvp quests imho. If you pick up a mushroom/kill a charhound/wtv you're flagged.

It's stupid to get prestige/favor if you can't even get PVP'ed...

(Hell, I play on pvp servers and I still think these quests are stupid. Being able to complete these without being flagged is horrible).

I figure that you basically sacrifice that particular quest when you roll on a PVE server for the ability to do the other dailies in peace, and not be ganked by higher ranks constantly while you try to rank up. If you want to PVP, transfer to a PVP server.

@op

On Icewatch every day there is going few raids for pvp rifts(guardian side).
    Use defense chanel and join when see: 13/20 pvp rifts, or smth like that.

And also defiants does same.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Shadowlander

I kinda agree with OP on this matter... It kinda feels stupid to walk into a war-torn world with a specific task to slaughter the oposition only to bump into such a funny block of "noez! this is pve server! you no kill!".

Quote Originally Posted by dzonatan View Post
    I kinda agree with OP on this matter... It kinda feels stupid to walk into a war-torn world with a specific task to slaughter the oposition only to bump into such a funny block of "noez! this is pve server! you no kill!".
    Anyone else hear echoes of "You no take candle!" when they read that?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Couldn't take the heat?

(ok, done trolling)

I never played on a PVE server, but how does it work for PVP rifts? You're flagged if you pick up a stone?

The same could ( and should ) apply for pvp quests imho. If you pick up a mushroom/kill a charhound/wtv you're flagged.

(Hell, I play on pvp servers and I still think these quests are stupid. Being able to complete these without being flagged is horrible).
    It wouldnt be fair to people that are doing pve quests and have to kill some of the same mobs as the pvp quests. As far as the charhounds are concerned, same thing doing pve quests in that area you sometimes have to attack them when they attack you. Do you really think its fair for me to auto flag if im doing the pve dailys?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelstears View Post
    It wouldnt be fair to people that are doing pve quests and have to kill some of the same mobs as the pvp quests. As far as the charhounds are concerned, same thing doing pve quests in that area you sometimes have to attack them when they attack you. Do you really think its fair for me to auto flag if im doing the pve dailys?
    You wouldn't get auto flagged if you didn't have the quest. I think people just want people who have the quest in their journal to be flagged for it, not make the mobs themselves auto flag when they are the PvP daily quest. Perhaps if you have the quest, you are unflagged until you attack and/or get credit for a charhound that gives credit to your pvp quest.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-26-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Couldn't take the heat?

(ok, done trolling)

Haha, yeah basically. I'm one of those people who enjoy PVP as well as PVE. So since Rift is easy to do PVP solo I joined a PVE guild to do raids etc. It didn't help that my original server, Sagespire, had about a 10 to 1 Defiant to Guardian ratio (I just made up those numbers to emphasize my point.) So since I like my guild mates it was either find a new guild or leave with them...so I went with them. There is actually still a lot of PVP rifts happening in Icewatch, just not this morning so I was ranting

**Edit** Oh, and yes, you have to flag to take part in the PVP rifts. The only thing I find annoying about that aspect is that people will scout while they are unflagged and decide whether attacking the rift is a good investment or not. So a lot of the times on our PVP rifts it's one side just rolling through the other (I'd say 50/50 between Guardians and Defiants.) We still do get a few of those epic 20v20 fights, but I imagine it happens more on a PVP server

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    @op

On Icewatch every day there is going few raids for pvp rifts(guardian side).
    Use defense chanel and join when see: 13/20 pvp rifts, or smth like that.

And also defiants does same.
    Umm...thanks, but I'm usually the one leading those raids on Guardian side. Can't remember if I put it in my original post, but I attempted multiple times to get Guardians to come join the PVP rifts there just wasn't any Guardians online that like to PVP, it's a PVE server I'm not complaining about that. Since this particular thread is about the quests and not PVP rifts it doesn't matter so back on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    You wouldn't get auto flagged if you didn't have the quest. I think people just want people who have the quest in their journal to be flagged for it, not make the mobs themselves auto flag when they are the PvP daily quest. Perhaps if you have the quest, you are unflagged until you attack and/or get credit for a charhound that gives credit to your pvp quest.
    I wouldn't mind making it so that they have to flag to get credit for the quests but not automatically flagging them. To be honest, ****** a new 50 trying to do quests isn't really fun. That way they could make the concious decision to PVP or not.
    Last edited by Narbonensis; 08-26-2011 at 08:06 AM.
    <<Insert witty comment here>>

Ascendant

You make the decision to PvP when you accept the PvP quest. You should be flagged as soon as you accept and remain flagged until you turn it in. Plain and simple. If you don't like it than don't do the quests.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Well....hmm...i think not only should there be the pvp quests, i think Trion should make all three zones of the pvp quests repeatable everyday, not just one zone. I think this is a great way for new 50's to get pvp favor/prestige without the discouragement of constant facerolling by r8's and the disparity of the difference in play the warfronts have become. As for whether or not its a pvp or pve server, that issue is a moot point because warfronts a cross server cluster allocated so that folks can play both styles when they choose too.
    anyway.....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rowwan View Post
    Well....hmm...i think not only should there be the pvp quests, i think Trion should make all three zones of the pvp quests repeatable everyday, not just one zone. I think this is a great way for new 50's to get pvp favor/prestige without the discouragement of constant facerolling by r8's and the disparity of the difference in play the warfronts have become. As for whether or not its a pvp or pve server, that issue is a moot point because warfronts a cross server cluster allocated so that folks can play both styles when they choose too.
    anyway.....
    Having the PvP quests for every zone everyday would be a step backwards. the only reason there is even PvP generated from this is because they put people in the same area. Spreading them over 3 zones would make it very easy to dodge people.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

+ Reply to Thread