+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Is this really PVP?

Fik
    Rift Chaser

Default Is this really PVP?

Premades at lvl 10-19 bracket. I ROFL and peed.

I just can't figure out why we as humans are tho pathetic sometimes...

Also, this PVP gets boring really fast...

Telaran

So you are saying that people shouldn't play with friends at a lower level than you think reasonable?

Fik
    Rift Chaser

sure whatever, just think it was funny to see. Do whatever you want. i just won't play this games pvp, it's a recipe for disaster
    Last edited by Fik; 08-25-2011 at 11:32 PM.

Rift Chaser

For someone who levelled up 4 characters in PVP solo, I'll go ahead and say that premades aren't much of a problem there before prestige gear is introduced. Spec right and you just snipe off people at the rims of the group and work your way in, or if you're a warrior you'll have to save up for some silver for bloodthirst, but you'll slice through people fast enough. However unorganized your team may be each PUG, the other team is at least presented with a distraction so you can do proper work, and there's always at least a handful good people that understands the objective.
    Last edited by croon; 08-25-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Fik
    Rift Chaser

you lvl'd up 4 solo toons, well you sir are crazy. You're just grinding from the sounds of it. I want fair game not pts

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Fik View Post
    you lvl'd up 4 solo toons, well you sir are crazy. You're just grinding from the sounds of it. I want fair game not pts
    No, I played the PVP for fun.

FPS player playing an mmo ... nothing to see here.

BF3 is coming out in 60 days. But you'll probably complain about 'premades' there too.
    Last edited by Vaine; 08-26-2011 at 01:21 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Ascendant

Yes, that's PvP. It's unpleasant to be on the receiving end of it, but it is Player versus Player.

I do agree, though, that humans are, for the most part, pretty pathetic. One wonders how the young of the species survives to adulthood. A more annoying lot is hard to imagine.

Rift Disciple

Premades at lvl 10-19 bracket. I got my face stomped.

I just can't figure out why I can't have easy mode. It's not fair that they have friends.

Also, I don't actually want to have to think...
    Fixed that for you.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Rift Disciple

Go play pong.

That was about the last "fair" game ever written.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

It is PvP. Not very challenging but it is still PvP. People run premades for two reasons: a) play with friends; b) advantage. It's too bad most "hardcore" pvpers do not have the balls to queue up against other premades though.
    Last edited by Timewarp; 08-26-2011 at 07:20 AM.
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

Rift Disciple

I think that premades early lvl serve only one purpose... to put new players right off the pvp end of the game ....

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    I think that premades early lvl serve only one purpose... to put new players right off the pvp end of the game ....
    Frankly, half the time people claim they are up against "premades" it's probably just players who have levelled a few alts, know what to do, and just fill their roles without needing to communicate at all.

I've said this more than once, and I'll say it again. I very rarely queue with anyone but my wife... so I'm always in PUGs. Some of the best victories we've ever had, the most lop-sided matches in our favor, were ones where not a single word was spoken in Raid/warfront chat except some "gg" at the end when we won, because everyone knew what to do, and filled their roles well. No coordination was necessary. I can see where someone on the other side might think we were a premade while we were camping them at their spawn point while our runner won the game.

I've been in games where we were getting destroyed, and the usual excuses came up.

No healers (when we had more total healing than the other team did)

No one marked healers (lame excuse, if you can't tell the healers from the rest, l2p.. I've never used that before, but it fits.)

It's a premade (even though there were 4 servers in the opposing team)

Some people just can't handle losing. Sometimes, the other team is simply better.

- me

Default agree

I think most missed the point here. I have to agree.. If you have a premade group for anything under lv 50 pvp you are pathetic..

I picture the guild chat conversation going something like this:

Player A "hey i have an idea.. Since we are getting rolled in lv 50 pvp lets all make alts and go where nobody in their right mind would premade!"
    Player B "Damn dude that is a sweet idea.. That would be incredibly fun to roll other level 16 toons!"
    Player A "We all know that we are the best PvP'rs, we are just limited by the other bad players at lv 50!"

something like that I am sure..

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Happydaze View Post
    I think most missed the point here. I have to agree.. If you have a premade group for anything under lv 50 pvp you are pathetic..

I picture the guild chat conversation going something like this:

Player A "hey i have an idea.. Since we are getting rolled in lv 50 pvp lets all make alts and go where nobody in their right mind would premade!"
    Player B "Damn dude that is a sweet idea.. That would be incredibly fun to roll other level 16 toons!"
    Player A "We all know that we are the best PvP'rs, we are just limited by the other bad players at lv 50!"

something like that I am sure..
    Yea, people who are in guilds and have low level alts and decide to warfront are such losers.

Does it hurt to know that other people actually have friends, and want to play as a group instead of alone?

- me

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast