+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Yeh want people to PvP right?

Champion

Default Yeh want people to PvP right?

Not a big fan of PvP.

Class balancing, (whatever that is) toilet bowl conversations in chat, angry youth gone wild. Tried it when the game came out... stun, stun, fear, fear, stun, dead...

Mmmm k I says, we'll try later.

1.1 warrior nerf. Hrm, maybe not.

Then yah put some diminishing returns on stuffs... But, guild finally got it's act together for raid progression, so I didn't que much.

THEN yah gave the PvP folks some snazy weapons, up there at T8. Nice shield too. Be nice to work toward getting some of those items.

So I hit the WF two days ago. 0 valor wearing T1 raid stuffs.

I put the tank gear on cuz if I wear the DPS stuff my face gets melted in 1.9 seconds.

Just now spent some quality time against a pre-made, I am assuming. Eventually our team just gave up and waited for the score to tick to 1000.

Point?

Yah finally got some nice gear over there in PvP land, enough that a fence sitter like me, and probably others, are coming to play ball.

But it's about as much fun as rubbing my face with a cheese grinder.

Reasonably sure most of the replies will inform me of how bad I suck and need to L2P.

Horrible design at the moment fellas.

Might keep tryin', might not. Dunno.

Last edited by Seere; 08-25-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Telaran

If you are pvp:ing for gear you are doing it wrong.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    Reasonably sure most of the replies will inform me of how bad I suck and need to L2P.
    Well, not to be mean, but you most certainly need to L2P ( we all do ), but most of all, you need to L2take it like a man.

It's just like 10-20 hours and you'll have enough gear to compete.

And also, this, seriously :
    Quote Originally Posted by htomeht View Post
    People should PVP because it's fun. Gear is just an additionnal reward.
    If you don't like PVP'ing, I'm not sure why you'd want gear allowing you to PVP better.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    People should PVP because it's fun. Gear is just an additionnal reward.
    If you don't like PVP'ing, I'm not sure why you'd want gear allowing you to PVP better.
    Exactly.

Look, amuse me.

Take a fresh 50, and go queue.

Heck, I have the luxury of hitting the WF with 8-9k HPs in dps spec, 12k+ if I go tank.

No valor, of course, coming up on rank 2 atm.

FUN, is NOT part of what is going on.

Can't imagine what a fresh 50 warrior with minimal gear experiences. Tank spec at 50 I had, what? 7.500 hps? 4.5k in DPS?

Versus what I can only assume are high ranked folks my presence there is utterly pointless.

How is that fun?

I agree. But explain to me how being R1/R2 right now (which is the crux of the OP's post) fall under anyone's definition of the word fun?
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Best bet is to start PvP at level 10 (or whenever one is eligable). Starting at level 50 is bad news..

But ya, newcomers have no use in WFs.. All they can do is run and form a line infront of the enemy to hold them of for a few seconds while the r8s heal and buff up.. One day Trion when figure things out, might be years from now but hey..

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I agree. But explain to me how being R1/R2 right now (which is the crux of the OP's post) fall under anyone's definition of the word fun?
    I'm R2 on my rogue, and enjoy it quite a bit. Port Scion is my favorite WF, especially when it's not a PvE fest. I never get 2 shotted, specced for survivability and some damage (34 BD/32RS)
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Champion

Look, not trying to be snarky.

Trion put some awesomesauce gear into PvP, after the PvP community asked, "Why can't we have raid equivalent gear?"

Well, yah got your wish.

Side effect: Raiders that were not formerly participating heavily in PvP are now. Some items are BiS by virtue of the fact that only so many pieces drop at raid time, and some folks like to gear best they can for multiple specs.

As such, PvP is now opened up to over-achieving raiders.

Like it or not, we are PvP'n for gears.

I am 100% positive I am not alone.

Folks like me gonna bust the hump I would imagine.

Actual new players going to level 50 WF?

Ouchies... all I am trying to say.
    Last edited by Seere; 08-26-2011 at 03:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seere View Post
    Take a fresh 50, and go queue.
    You know Im gonna take you up on that offer gotta a couple at 48 atm so wont be long to level them, once 50 I will run a couple of days raising unseen faction getting bare minimum favor to buy some pieces Of Valor items then i'll be heading into warfronts..
    I'll look at how I can support my group to start with so I am not bang in the heart of every fight I will curse at every ganking I will yell at every kill I do and I will be straight back in line for the next match, I dont expect I will single handedly win a match but by tagging along with others I will at least be able to contribute to the match no matter how small.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

l2paragraph

I PvP because I enjoy PvP. It's never been about the gear for me, outside of needing to get the gear to survive.

The problem is that Rift, and many other MMO's, create a situation where you need to grind the gear before PvP can be much fun. What makes it worse is that, if they follow the trend, the longer the game is out, the wider the gap between the haves and have nots becomes.

Granted, getting geared up is not as bad as in other games. With relatively little time and effort I've hit R2, bought most of my gear and I'm doing a bit better, but I don't see me being able to directly compete with the R8's for a very long time. They will be spanking me for a long time to come, simple because they entered the system before long before I did. And before anyone drops a L2P on me, I already know I need to work on a few things, character-wise (gear, spec, that missing greater essence, etc. I'm still learning the ropes).

Bottom line: Yes, I would love to PvP strictly for the enjoyment of PvP, but Rift (as is the case in most MMO's of this type) have turned grinding gear into a requirement that has to be met before you can focus solely on enjoying PvP.
    Last edited by Meina; 08-26-2011 at 05:50 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mlaar View Post
    You know Im gonna take you up on that offer gotta a couple at 48 atm so wont be long to level them, once 50 I will run a couple of days raising unseen faction getting bare minimum favor to buy some pieces Of Valor items then i'll be heading into warfronts..
    I'll look at how I can support my group to start with so I am not bang in the heart of every fight I will curse at every ganking I will yell at every kill I do and I will be straight back in line for the next match, I dont expect I will single handedly win a match but by tagging along with others I will at least be able to contribute to the match no matter how small.

You sir are a freak, and are playing on level of PvP enjoyment most do not know of. As a hardcore PvP'er i understand where your coming from, an. If your looking to rankup in PvP from scratch, ya got to do it knowing you will be fodder for the masses. If your not prepared to get your @$$ handed to you alot for the first 6 hours of game play, then you best not come in. I also think splitting the Ranks up is an awesome idea, as owning people has got to get old eventually(I havent got there yet, but it has to.....right?). To compensate for this reduce the number of battle groups and combine more servers to keep que times down.

to many pvep layers just que'ing warfronts so they can get gear for raiding, this shouldnt be allowed as its causeing alot of issues.

pvp gear should not be useable in pve
    pve gear should not be useable in pvp

Prophet of Telara

OP, you obviously don't want to PvP so don't come and ruin warfronts with your crappy gear and limited desire to play.

Also, writing 6 words per line and then putting 5 lines of spacing between each dumb comment you are making which are often constructed without using complete sentences is not a good way to express your opinion.

PvP rank 7/8 > Hammerknell epics. Get grinding.

As for pvp in this game... Awful. :I Class balancing is a joke.

Signed~
    A content mage, and a mad warrior.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-26-2011 at 07:03 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast