+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Split up Warfronts into ranks!

Soulwalker

Angry Split up Warfronts into ranks!

Call me a greifer all you wish, but I just can't stand it anymore. Whenever I go into a warfront I am constantly facing rank 6+ players who like to plant my face into the bloody dirt, and then continue to water it with the blood of all the other low rank players on my team.

I suggest simply that warfronts be divided into ranks. Either 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, or simply into each rank seperatly. Though you may need to increase the battlegroups in size, I do think seperating it will allow for a more fair match, where skill will dictate the results more than gear alone.

Please consider this highly, for as long as it continues to be unbalanced, you will potentially turn more and more players away from endgame with the thought of only pve being a viable option.

Thanks,
    Iceos of Sunrest

What a refreshing concept. It's because of creative geniuses like you that these prestigious forums flourish.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 08-25-2011 at 06:53 PM.

Don't get stuck in the hay.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Iceos View Post
    Call me a greifer all you wish, but I just can't stand it anymore. Whenever I go into a warfront I am constantly facing rank 6+ players who like to plant my face into the bloody dirt, and then continue to water it with the blood of all the other low rank players on my team.

I suggest simply that warfronts be divided into ranks. Either 1/2, 3/4, 5/6, 7/8, or simply into each rank seperatly. Though you may need to increase the battlegroups in size, I do think seperating it will allow for a more fair match, where skill will dictate the results more than gear alone.

Please consider this highly, for as long as it continues to be unbalanced, you will potentially turn more and more players away from endgame with the thought of only pve being a viable option.

Thanks,
    Iceos of Sunrest
    do u want 50minute que times?

it will only work with 1-5 6-8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=On4xojWEe8s - working again /auto swap, not my music!
    1.3 PvP Vids

1.4 is here check it out!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs5z3ydavoQ

Rift Master

The solution is do what the new age MMOs are doing.

1. Take a snapshot of the guy with the best gear.
    2. Give everyone else a buff that puts them at 90% of his mechanical effectiveness as a bare minimum.

It's how SWTOR is going to handle gear disparity in PvP so the game is fun for everyone, and I believe GW2 is doing something similar.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 08-25-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Champion

hah.. problems.. Rift... fix them?!?? i dont know what game you've been playing but all i've seen is a dev team intent on playing WoW and drawing solutions from a box, so instead of spending time constructing a post ur best bet is to just spam it all over the forums from 3 or 4 different accounts, no logic behind it, only REALLY BIG LETTERS

that should do it

Telaran

I'm sympathetic to the problem you are facing. I'm R7 now, but I remember vividly how bad it was in those early ranks. PvP wasn't really playable for me until R4 or so. That said, I don't think splitting wfs by rank is a good solution for two reasons. The most obvious reason is queue times, which needs to explanation.

The other major reason that I can think of is that it gives you relatively little reason to rank up. Why would you want to rank up from 5 to 6 if it meant going from being top dog to the bottom of the rung again? The whole point of the ranking system is to give you a reward for putting the time in to rank up.

That said, I agree that the current disparity between ranks is far too large. As it is now, when pugging basically the only thing that matters is the relative ranks of the players on each team.

I second this. And with that it shall be done! Please trion please....... For those of us with lives who cannot grind favor days upon days its going to take us longer to get up to the top. Rank 4 and taking 1600 hits is a joke....
    This is the end of all hope, sit back and enjoy ^_^

I just returned from a month break and honestly, this issue alone made me just start over on another server yet again. I have far more fun getting to 50 than dealing with the absurd lack of rank matching. Open world is one thing and all is fair in war, but warfronts is another thing.

I have no doubt the lack of attention to this by TRION has resulted in many losing interest. I'm surprised, because TRION always impressed me. This one particular aspect of the game is absurd.

Rift Disciple

. Rank 4 and taking 1600 hits is a joke....
    Trust me, it doesn't get better at Rank 7 you still get hit for four figures plus all the time.

Certain damage from certain soul combinations is off the scale.

As mentioned, not enough players to seperate ranks.. although I'd be all for it. Oh wait, just merge all servers for pvp action? problem solved?

Shadowlander

Instead of splitting WFs up among ranks, allow people to queue for "Warfront Novice" or "Warfront Veteran". Give increased prestige/favor rewards to the Veteran games, but allow people to queue for either.

Additionally, either... A) Require R6+ gear to be earned by playing WF Veteran, or B) Further increase the requirements for R6+ gear, thus making players of high rank want to play the Veteran mode for quicker access to the good gear.

Thanks,
    Iceos of Sunrest
    I like the overall idea, but as has been said we need to be carefule of how this will effect queue times.

I'd think splitting things into 2 pools (as in 1-4 and 5-8) would be doable, if they leave some wiggle room in the system. If they make it a prioritization system, as in "Not enough 1-4's? Well here's a couple 5's to fill the gap" set up, instead of a strict 2 queue system it would work with minimal impact on queue times.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the replies, I am glad I am not alone in thought. I do understand that wait times Could be increased. I say could simply because I don't know the actual numbers of defiant and guardian numbers when it comes to sign-ups on a warfront. I am sure trion has a flowchart of the data though.

As I stated though, if it is altered to suit a better pvp style, they would most likely need to make the battlegroups larger. Which I do not know how it would effect que times since it needs to interact with more servers. I just still hope that Trion reads this and heavily considers this.

Thanks,
    Iceos of Sunrest
    WAAAAAAAAAGH I want to be handed what others worked hard for, for free. Bad idea from a bad player

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    WAAAAAAAAAGH I want to be handed what others worked hard for, for free.
    I have to partially agree with this, though I'm not a rude prick so won't call you a bad player.

Thanks,
    Iceos of Sunrest
    Note: I didn't read the whole thread as I'm short on time so some of this may have been said.

Most of us PVP'ed against rank 6's to get our gear, there is no reason why you can't do the same. Yes it's harder before you get better gear, but I only used rank 1 and 2 stuff until I hit rank 5/6 and honestly didn't have that much of a problem. It is already much easier to rank up. Trion has already given you PVP quests (which you don't even have to PVP for) and given us OWPVP goodness. Additionally, they lowered favor costs on all the gear. I personally have accumulated over 1 million favor and still don't have the rank 6 weapons (I honestly don't want them but I couldn't afford them if I did.)

Separating the queues will most likely kill WF PVP by increasing queue times dramatically and make it even harder for you to gain prestige.
    <<Insert witty comment here>>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast