+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Prestige should be Account Based

Default Prestige should be Account Based

Everyone should be able to roll an ALT, get it to 50, and have it at the same Rank as their Main.
    Marks/Favor should also be account based - with boosted gains after reaching R8 for the gear.

It already takes hundreds of hours to reach R6 and R8, many times more then it takes to level to 50.
    One time through is enough.

Changing to Account Based Prestige/Favor/Marks will allow people to roll Alts and resolve the problem of perceived imbalances. Instead of complaining on the forums or quitting at the prospect of re-rolling or feeling useless, people will be trying out other classes/builds and staying in the game.

I know many of you reading are grindmonkeys and will find my suggestion unacceptable, but I have no doubt you're in a severe minority, as very few people enjoy the Prestige system in the first place - and going through it twice will be unacceptable the the absolute majority of the players. Put up a Poll Trion and you'll see that it's true.
    Cleric - UNSUBSCRIBED | BFBC2 | TF2 | MNC || GuildWars GvG | Subspace 4v4 PremLeague |

Soulwalker

Default How about no, Scott.

Alts often ruin games. This would be unprecedented for MMO's and would create an overflow of the current OP class.

Learn how to play your class and stick with it. If you really want to reroll- Enjoy the grind.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tenet View Post
    Everyone should be able to roll an ALT, get it to 50, and have it at the same Rank as their Main.
    Marks/Favor should also be account based - with boosted gains after reaching R8 for the gear.
    it should be country shared, if even one player from a country get an item everybody from that country should get it in the mailbox.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtrain View Post
    Alts often ruin games.
    Sounds horrible, evidence? If it's "often" - why don't you explain the phenomenon in greater detail, and provide some examples?

This would be unprecedented for MMO's and would create an overflow of the current OP class.
    First of all, that's not the case according to Trion nothing is "OP", you should just "Learn to Play".
    If there's a clear OP class it will be detected on usage charts and will be easy to tone down.

Learn how to play your class and stick with it. If you really want to reroll- Enjoy the grind.
    I sense a lot of hostility, you're one of the grind-monkey sadist-masochists I am talking about.
    Try to hate other people less, you might enjoy life more.
    Cleric - UNSUBSCRIBED | BFBC2 | TF2 | MNC || GuildWars GvG | Subspace 4v4 PremLeague |

Plane Touched

OP, this is the worst idea in the history of RIFT forum posts.

/no
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Columbian View Post
    OP, this is the worst idea in the history of RIFT forum posts.

/no
    100% agree . You want r8? work for it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gixso View Post
    100% agree . You want r8? work for it !!!
    I did work for it, the entire 200+ hours, and now I'm R8 on my Account, and I can keep grinding Favor/Marks to gear up my Alts and play them, extending the content of the game and my subscription!

I wanted R8 and I worked super hard for it. Now I have it, and I want it account wide!

Plane Touched

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say account based.... BUT

Maybe if you have a 50 and their Rank is higher than your current rank, then you get double the prestige and favor until they are equal in rank.

Maybe...

That or maybe they immediatley start at half the rank your highest 50 rank, rounding ... down I guess. So have a rank 6, your alt hist 50 and they are rank 3 with some amount of favor to buy all the rank 2 gear.

Just maybe.

And alts don't ruin games. If I wasn't making alts in Rift I'd already have canceled. And I don't have a R8, I do have a R6. Just get bored doing warfronts on same char/class. Same goes for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokTheFanatic View Post
    Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say account based.... BUT

Maybe if you have a 50 and their Rank is higher than your current rank, then you get double the prestige and favor until they are equal in rank.
    I shared that thought - but a friend convinced me it would be simpler to just make it account wide. It's already beyond a doubt the most ****ing grueling experience imaginable - especially for anyone missing out on the "quad weekends".

That or maybe they immediately start at half the rank your highest 50 rank, rounding ... down I guess. So have a rank 6, your alt hits 50 and they are rank 3 with some amount of favor to buy all the rank 2 gear.
    Rank? Pointless. Prestige Point Total? Maybe. Rank 6 is actually closer to the "half" point then Rank4, just look at the prestige requirements.

And alts don't ruin games. If I wasn't making alts in Rift I'd already have canceled. And I don't have a R8, I do have a R6. Just get bored doing warfronts on same char/class. Same goes for PvE.
    Well said, and thank you for not limiting your post to a poll response - you followed the forum rules!

Anyone else wants to give constructive posting a go? It's easier then reaching R8!
    Last edited by Tenet; 08-25-2011 at 05:25 PM.

@OP lol. How about we get a class changing ability once every patch.

@Trion

Can I make my warrior a mage, and make my mage a cleric?

tyvm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

OP doesnt even PVP nor is he even rank 6.

Worst idea ever. Want your alts to have PR and gear, do it yourself.

Rift Disciple

For those of us with Altitis, the sheer amount of work needed to rank up and gear out the alts is ..well, I don't even want to think about it.

PVP isn't fun after 50, until (presumably) you get to a rank where you can be useful again. Some kind of headstart for alts after you've already done the work would be amazing.

People like me wouldn't be able to do it though, it's not so much alts as it is more mains.
    WARNING: Contents may be Irish.
    <Bountiful> on Faeblight, 50 Mage Bahmi
    taking some time off in a galaxy far, far away.
    We're tiny but mighty! RAWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Cromagis View Post
    @OP lol. How about we get a class changing ability once every patch.
    You're laughing but if that was feasible with all the gear and fluff, I would have suggested it. Don't think that is needed though - I'm not suggesting removing gear progression - just simplifying it for Alts in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftly View Post
    OP doesnt even PVP nor is he even rank 6.
    Says the guy who's getting priority heals each time we group. You're done.
    Go back to getting owned by mobs and showing up on baddie troll videos.

Wrong on both counts, by the way. You would have noticed if your head wasn't so far up your ***.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiralei View Post
    For those of us with Altitis, the sheer amount of work needed to rank up and gear out the alts is ..well, I don't even want to think about it.

PVP isn't fun after 50, until (presumably) you get to a rank where you can be useful again. Some kind of headstart for alts after you've already done the work would be amazing.

People like me wouldn't be able to do it though, it's not so much alts as it is more mains.
    A head start is not enough, even R6 to R8 is a HUGE advantage and a distance of Hundreds of hours (unless cramming this weekend).
    Your first sentence is right on point - the exact sentiment I get from most people considering an Alt (or even getting back into the game on their Main).
    Last edited by Tenet; 08-25-2011 at 07:46 PM.

I would not say start a the same rank as main. Maybe like some sort of rank point system to help it go faster or something. But the grind for more then 1 toon is just too much. It hits a point when grinding up to the highest is not even fun anymore.
    This is the end of all hope, sit back and enjoy ^_^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast