+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Prestige should be Account Based

The guys on this thread saying no are why MMO's continue to suck.. Hey we love our treadmill grind, you should work for it!... Ummm... No.. I grinded it out once, why the hell should I have to do it again? I work in real life, something you may not know about. I'd rather not clock out just to clock in again. Lol, you guys just like ****** people because you can grind more rather than having actual skill.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Stop trying to make an easy game even easier OP!
    How does gear grind make a game hard or easy? A true difficulty would be balanced PvP with accessible gear so you can actually win because of your skill. Do you know what that is? I doubt it. Also, the PvP is so boring at 50 that after you grind Rank 8 out once, most people with lives outside the game won't want to go through it again. If you like hitting your head on a brick wall over and over again waiting for the carrot to fall off so you can stab people with it, then all the more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowwan View Post
    Some people enjoy playing and maxing out each class in an mmo. It helps them to better learn the dynamics of each class and what they can bring too raids/groups/etc. Some folks enjoy the luxery of being able to say, today i feel like tanking something, or today i feel like just healing a group or two...etc...do i agree with the op's idea, no..but just some food for thought...etc
    Umm no... You learn the dynamics of the class by leveling it.. Then the amount of the PvP to get the Favor alone should be sufficient.. Grinding Rank 8 on every toon is just redundant, boring, and not even worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Question for you - if the ALT is already going to be the same Rank as their Main, why do they have to get the toon to 50? Why would it not just start at 50? Oh... because the ALT should level through 50? Well, the ALT should "level through R8" as well.

No, it is not. It is reflective of time playing that particular Calling. Just because you have spent "hundreds of hours" to reach a certain Rank on say your Mage, does not mean that you deserve to be that Rank on your Warrior.

You'll have useless people in better gear. People that have no idea how to play the Calling that will be crying for even more nerfs and buffs because they simply do not have a clue.

Grindmonkeys. Interesting term. You do realize that this is a MMORPG, right? Generally speaking, people expect a certain level of progression. You can call it a grind, if you like.

I could picture you trying to play in the NFL. "Awww, coach - do we have to play 17-20 games? Can't we just get our Super Bowl Rings now? We played a bunch of games last year. C'mon, coach...puhhhhleeeeeez?"

All in all, this has to have been one of the stupidest suggestions I have seen on the forums in a long time. There are just so many things wrong with it, it would take hundreds of hours to list them all out...

This post is filled with flawed arguments.. Isn't useless people in useless gear worse? They suck worse, and they will still call for nerfs or buffs anyways, also they still have to get a toon to Rank 8, and still grind the favor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3