+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Mookster

Thread: Pvp rogue build, can it work?

Plane Touched

Default Pvp rogue build, can it work?

Newby to rift here, started today but i have a long pvp experience on many MMO.

Now i made one of the ways i wana play my rogue on rift.
    I seen many pvp videos to understand what rift pvp is all about(love it<3 the perfect mix of lore/rpg/pvp i ever seen)

So i done this specc/build/soul something or whatever is the name for it(newby here dont hate):
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...0toqkhudR.xx0M

Am a high elf, with this build, i can literaly speed rush something with my racial/plane shifts and On the double being perfect for fang kill and this provides a solid getway that marksman need.

Now, i seen that rogues at pvp without stealth are considered useless and that without shadow mastery(only have 1 point in it) plane shift aren't usefull has they could be but i didn't wanted to sacrifice infiltrator or improved hit and run for that.

So i ask you, can this build work? Cuz i realy wana play a teleporting sniper

Solid criticism is welcome

Plane Touched

Forgot to say that shadow walk has a very good synergy with close quarter combat and repeling shot

Can you imagine shadow walk behind the fang carrier and repeling shot him to your alies xD

Plane Walker

Opinions are like A holes, everyone's got them. IMO you aren't far enough in RS to get the full utility out of it and it's a waste of points, but that's just my opinion.

I have 40 MM, 15 Infilt, 11 NB

Right I don't have Eradicate. F eradicate, I know it can be useful, but I like to drop bombs like Hiroshima.

Take Infilt up to rank 4 dps line.

Take the damage increase for combo builders, and finishers in NB and the one point to get the 5% damage bonus off a proc of your hellfire blades.

You still get on the double and the one that makes you jump backwards real fast. Plus your combo builders will give you speed. Your RS abilities won't be up enough to make them useful. The AP is OK from the RS, but that's about it.

A lot of it depends on what you are good at playing, I personally like the added dps from NB, plus you get a 30 second stealth, not that I ever use it tbh.

Shadowlander

If you like to pvp, don't play a rogue. Play a warrior. Rogues are so inferior to warriors in every aspect of the game. Dps, cc, heal_debuffs, charge\stuns, hit points, armor, etc. Trust me now and you'll thank heavens for this advice later.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Elusion View Post
    Opinions are like A holes, everyone's got them. IMO you aren't far enough in RS to get the full utility out of it and it's a waste of points, but that's just my opinion.

I have 40 MM, 15 Infilt, 11 NB

Right I don't have Eradicate. F eradicate, I know it can be useful, but I like to drop bombs like Hiroshima.

Take Infilt up to rank 4 dps line.

Take the damage increase for combo builders, and finishers in NB and the one point to get the 5% damage bonus off a proc of your hellfire blades.

You still get on the double and the one that makes you jump backwards real fast. Plus your combo builders will give you speed. Your RS abilities won't be up enough to make them useful. The AP is OK from the RS, but that's about it.

A lot of it depends on what you are good at playing, I personally like the added dps from NB, plus you get a 30 second stealth, not that I ever use it tbh.
    thanks

to the other guy: i plan to go pvp only with marksman cuz the rogue archetype is kinda squishy, so, i think i will be fine has long has i dont get trained by 3 melees alone

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sneakier View Post
    thanks

to the other guy: i plan to go pvp only with marksman cuz the rogue archetype is kinda squishy, so, i think i will be fine has long has i dont get trained by 3 melees alone
    Word of advice, don't listen to all the QQ. Rogues are fine. You will have a tough time soloing some healers
    1v1 and some tank builds, but this is a team based game.

A good PvP rogue will have 3 or 4 solid builds.

I use:
    Bard/RS/Infilt
    MM/NB/Infilt
    Sab/Infilt/BD
    Assassin/Infilt/Ranger

They all serve their purpose, and I use all of them on a regular basis. Often more than one spec in a single WF.

Bad players will always try to get nerfs for other classes and outrageous buffs to their own. Don't be a bad, just play the game and build up your skills.

Quote Originally Posted by Elusion View Post
    Word of advice, don't listen to all the QQ. Rogues are fine. You will have a tough time soloing some healers
    1v1 and some tank builds, but this is a team based game.

A good PvP rogue will have 3 or 4 solid builds.

I use:
    Bard/RS/Infilt
    MM/NB/Infilt
    Sab/Infilt/BD
    Assassin/Infilt/Ranger

They all serve their purpose, and I use all of them on a regular basis. Often more than one spec in a single WF.

Bad players will always try to get nerfs for other classes and outrageous buffs to their own. Don't be a bad, just play the game and build up your skills.
    +1

I completely agree with you. There's a reason Trion allows multiple roles and makes it easy to switch between them. I often find myself switching multiple times in a single WF depending on what the team needs.

Learning your class/role is probably the most important aspect of any PvP game. Making multiple PvP roles will enable you to really learn the ins and outs of your class.
    Last edited by OmNomz; 08-25-2011 at 10:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread