+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: OPINIONS WANTED! most interesting class in PvP?

Soulwalker

Default OPINIONS WANTED! most interesting class in PvP?

Hey there, I'm relatively new to Rift and I just want to know people's subjective opinions on the most 'interesting' class to play in PvP.

What I mean is a class which has some of the following in the PvP environment:
    - A lot of utility (CC, debuffs and mobility abilities)
    - Decent damage (not wet flannel level, but I don't mind doing mediocre/sub-mediocre damage if I bring other things to the table) Luckily I don't suffer from call of duty syndrome, I like to be useful to the team instead of just my ego.
    - Numerous fun specs with good variation - I don't care too much about viability. I just like being able to go into warfronts with various approaches depending on my mood.
    - Awesome looking gear. Yeah this is important to me.
    - Able to make an effect on the game despite being undergeared - this is why I picked cleric, but if anyone feels other classes can achieve this then please let me know.

So yeah, a class with some of the above would be great. Most important to me is probably utility I'd say. I like being that annoying so and so.

Give me your opinions with some good explanation behind it.

Thanks!

Rift Master

Rank 8s are the most interesting class.

Rank 1s are the most boring/useless.
    Last edited by Lysander Salavone; 08-25-2011 at 12:54 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lysander Salavone View Post
    Rank 8s are the most interesting class.

Rank 1s are the most boring/useless.
    Brilliant. Next.

Default ..

Mages! Big nukes, AOE spec, pet spec, heal, cc, or combo of the above!
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Mage or Cleric.

in before 2 macros for warriors.

mage all day not a 2 macro class and so many variations and specs that can compete in both solo and group or premaid and pug enviorment!

^^THIS^^
    The artist formally known as Dubs

Quote Originally Posted by mhsponge View Post
    Warrior.

- Decent damage (not wet flannel level, but I don't mind doing mediocre/sub-mediocre damage if I bring other things to the table) Luckily I don't suffer from call of duty syndrome, I like to be useful to the team instead of just my ego.
    You're either Damage or Heals. The pace of combat is too fast for anything else to matter.

- Numerous fun specs with good variation - I don't care too much about viability. I just like being able to go into warfronts with various approaches depending on my mood.
    It is a good thing that you do not care about viability, because there are barely any viable Souls in the various Callings. Unfortunately, you do care about Fun - and well, unless you find it fun to be a free kill - playing one of those Souls that are not viable will not be fun.

With the Wardrobe option, I couldn't say what any of the actual gear looks like anymore - everybody is sporting some form of Wardrobe.

- Able to make an effect on the game despite being undergeared - this is why I picked cleric, but if anyone feels other classes can achieve this then please let me know.
    Anything but Warrior.

So yeah, a class with some of the above would be great. Most important to me is probably utility I'd say. I like being that annoying so and so.
    With the current DR system and the overwhelming amount of CC that exists when almost every single Soul has at least two, usually means you will not have the opportunity to be annoying in that sense.

The most annoying thing a person could probably do while undergeared is be a MM Rogue and spam Eradicate... to an extent, it is also probably the most useful thing they could do. Yet while the other Callings will grow in viability as they progress, not so much for the Rogue.

Welcome to RIFT PvP....
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post

The most annoying thing a person could probably do while undergeared is be a MM Rogue and spam Eradicate... to an extent, it is also probably the most useful thing they could do. Yet while the other Callings will grow in viability as they progress, not so much for the Rogue.

Welcome to RIFT PvP....
    haha aye spamming eradicate is all i do, I have even gotten a friend on the opposing team courting me when ever he sees me, needless to say he is a war and i am more or less dead within seconds, still it is kinda fun pissing him off P

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mhsponge View Post
    Hey there, I'm relatively new to Rift and I just want to know people's subjective opinions on the most 'interesting' class to play in PvP.

What I mean is a class which has some of the following in the PvP environment:

Give me your opinions with some good explanation behind it.

Thanks!
    Definitely roll a rogue

When you give up on your dreams. But seriously, I enjoy mine but it could have better days as a calling.
    Last edited by Swordfishy; 08-25-2011 at 01:56 PM.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Mage. so many soul combos that aren't totally worthless (like dom/anything, pyro chloro, chloro/most other souls) and dom gets all the utility you could ever want. 31 points into it, I can slow down an entire group with ease.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Mage - Win at everything but tanking in warfronts.

EDIT: Nevermind, forgot about chlorolock.

Roll a mage.
    Last edited by Cromagis; 08-25-2011 at 02:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Champion

I only tend to play under 50 (srry just can't stand the train reck Rift decides to call 'late game PvP') and i don't mind complicated souls [i actually in all honesty enjoy it ] with that in mind the best times ive had were on a dominator-stormcaller mage, nightblade-bladedancer-sabetuer rogue, and then a chloro-necro mage (just because, if well played, it can have the most impact on the outcome of a game of any class/spec ive played)

the dominate-stomcaller pulls racous single target/aoe dps while having oodles of utility (in the 40s i got storm shackles to tick for 1.4k none crit). Its actually my deuling spec too odly enough ;D (and i only lost to a few tank specced warriors, an inquisitor-justicar cleric and a few well played toons 5-8 lvls higher than me )

amazing soul, sadly revolves around a couple 30 sec cooldowns, and besides that the only downfall is having a move for every situation, wich means u have to have 20+ (i think i was up to 28 by lvl 49) buttons to bind and use decently frequently on your hotbar...

nightblade bladedancer was just my omni rogue spec threw the tiers, enough cooldowns to take any focus fire (or win easily win most 1v2 or sometimes 3s if u realllly want to) and dps to spike down near any healer (just those dang clerics that constantly have to keep their health topped off >.< [with stacked charges triggered right after a finisher i can usually get them from 50%->0 in a sec or 2, maybe a rift consumable if i can get them down to only 60% and really need him dead, for sure, now]

the spec again gives u utility for every situation, charges to stack at range (or while the enemy is under a sap or dark containment [in combat sap ;)] ) ranged snares, great damage, an incoming heal debuff, a handfull of 'oh ****' buttons to keep those deeps rollin'... i did have a great justicar/shaman i duo-ed with most of the time so i was guaranteed decent heals in most cases, just a fair warning heals are near necessary if u don't want to be frequently burning your cooldowns or chilling in the back line.

then chloro mage... hah... i had necro as a side soul for the out of combat heal, not on a cooldown like bloom. It wasn't the most fun soul (to play) but watching my team just roll another time and time again or surviving those 'aces in the whole' guardians try to pull from time to time (duo cabolists or warriors that are used to ransacking the battlefield alone) put enough of a smile on my face to be mentioned at least.

i haven't tried a warrior. and clerics gah, i was just too used to the 1 sec GCD from the rogue in melee or dps healing from chloromancer to really get into it.
    Last edited by garethh; 08-25-2011 at 02:55 PM.

Ascendant

The best/most interesting class in PvP is whichever one the post author didn't roll.
    The Roguepocalypse is upon us!

Champion

Any class in R8...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast