+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rogues from R5/R6 to R7/R8, be careful!

Default Rogues from R5/R6 to R7/R8, be careful!

This probably applies similarly to other Callings but I didn't research for them. I did for my Rogue though, which has 100% of the R5/R6 PvP vendor offered gear and weapons including the Stalker's Synergy Crystal. The crystal bonus is not minor. If you are not careful you might buy items, when going from R6 to R8, and lose the benefit of having any Synergy Crystal at all while you are R7 (since a crystal requires you have equipped at least 4 pieces of a set).

Be careful! It turns out it is important how and when you buy new R7/R8 items if you don't want to screw up and loose all benefit from having a crystal, and this is because you must turn in a R5/R6 piece to get a R7/R8 piece. I came up with this plan for purchasing as I progress from R6 to R8. Although you can buy the crystal for R7/R8 gear when you are R7, it makes better sense to buy it when you turn R8 and can equip the 4 needed piece to make a set (but it is not possible equip 4 pieces until you are R8, and that's the part to be careful about).
    =======

7= Major (Colonel QM) NOTE: Do it this way or loose the Xtal boost. %%%%%%% BE CAREFUL! %%%%%%%
    **** THESE 3 ARE ONLY ITEMS TO EQUIP AT R7 (133MR=212800F, over 150kF cap!), they do NOT count towards the 4Set ***
    Criterion's Belt, Belt (37MR=59200F)
    Criterion's Band, Ring1 (30MR=48000F)
    Criterion's Band, Ring2 (30MR=48000F)

>>>>>> Save up 37MR+37MR+45MR+65MR + 62732F = 184MR + 62732F = 357132F (is over 150kF cap!) and only THEN...
    **** Buy these 2, the R8 medallion, the R8 Legs, and the Xtal all at once, BUT NOT BEFORE GETTING TO RANK 8 ****
    ===> You could buy & equip only 1 of the following 2 items at R7 and still keep the Stalker's Crystal bonus. <===

A) Criterion's Boots (37MR=59200F)
    B) Criterion's Gloves (37MR=59200F)

When you reach R8 buy the one of the 2 above items that you didn't get before and then the following 3 items BUT BUY THEM ALL AT THE SAME TIME (or you could lose your R5/R6 Synergy Crystal 4-SET bonus):
    8= Colonel (Colonel QM)
    C) Criterion's Medallion (45MR=72000F) SEE ABOVE
    D) Criterion's Leggings (65MR=10400F) SEE ABOVE
    E) Criterion's Synergy Crystal (62732F and NO MR) SEE ABOVE

**** After the above THEN buy these:
    Criterion's Shoulderpads (52MR=83200F)
    Criterion's Helm (52MR=83200F)
    Criterion's Chestguard (65MR=104000F)
    Criterion's Shiv1 (40MR=64000F)
    Criterion's Shiv2 (40MR=64000F)
    Last edited by Taptap; 08-25-2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

umm if you are full r6, then buy all the r7 stuff, you will have 4/4 r6(5) synergy still
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Default Serious error

Please disregard the line in my OP #1 that reads:
    ===> You could buy & equip only 1 of the following 2 items at R7 and still keep the Stalker's Crystal bonus. <===

Went past edit time, sorry, you do NOT want to do what that particular and specif line says. I think that's the only error I made.
    Last edited by Taptap; 08-25-2011 at 11:56 AM.
    Specter

Rift Disciple

Any plan that does not involve buying the R8 daggers (and probably R8 bow) first is flawed.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Work View Post
    Any plan that does not involve buying the R8 daggers (and probably R8 bow) first is flawed.
    just 1 dagger and the ranged weapon
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Work View Post
    As you wish. I want the stats from gear and crystal first, and I think you have to be R8 to get the daggers and bow and which do not count towards the 4Set pieces (I forgot to list the bow in the list). My intent of the OP is to help others avoid losing R5/R6 Synergy Crystal benefits since you can not use the R7/R8 crystal until you are R8 even though you can buy it at R7.
    Specter

Ascendant

R5 and R7 pieces are the same; gloves/belt/boots/rings

Equipping all R7 gear still leaves you with Helm/Shoulders/Chest/Legs for the 4-piece R6 bonus.

Only reason you shouldn't buy and equip all of your R7 gear immediately is if it looks like you won't be able to get your R8 mainhand and ranged immediately at R8.

Stat boosts from the gear are relatively minor next to the DPS increase on the weapons, which controls your ability damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

+ Reply to Thread