+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Hartzekar

Thread: Quick PvP question

Rift Master

Default Quick PvP question

Is a mage 51 Archon/Support viable or wanted in PvP?

Or should I go dps necro/lock?

I prefer the support - but if dps should be the chosen one I'll do it.

Thanks all.

R

Rift Disciple

It really doesnt matter anymore. Ive played a mage since beta and we have been nerfed and screwed so many times, ive given up trying. When your team mates see a mage in the group they say another fail mage. When the other team sees you its Yay glasscannon free prestige. Doesnt matter what role you plaly

Archon is ok, but def not 51. Maybe if you really wanna go support a 31 archon, 31 dom, 4 AM would work
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Rift Master

Angelstears: Yeah, I got that from reading this forum for a few days. But, we all had to start somewhere. Doesn't get better when you get higher in rank? If you're telling me that at R6-7-8 it doesn't change, I won't even try because that's just wasting my time then.

Hartzekar: I will check it out. I'm going 51 based on a support role published by Bluedot.

I'm definitely not healing - tried it and can't. So it's either support or dps.

Thanks to both.

R

Don't listen to the guy above me, mages require alot of time to master. Once mastered, you will melt everyones' faces and be feared. known from experience form some of the enemy mages on my server
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Rift Master

And that's what my problem is. I'm not the best player around, which is the reason I wanted to go support because I can do that a lot better.

It's not that I have a problem playing a mage, but it seems I always forget something (long rotations, switching from single target to aoe), don't react fast enough which causes issues, etc. For me at least, sometimes there's too much to do and I can't track it all.

I played an arcane mage in WoW (I raided and did PvP), but playing a mage in Rift is a different thing altogether. I like the diversity of souls in this game, but it causes me problems.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I'll give up PvP and PvE instead.

R

+ Reply to Thread