+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Farming opponents

Rift Disciple

**** a bunch of farming pricks

Most efficient use of your time is capping off, getting the win bonus, then insta-queueing again.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by habby View Post
    Most efficient use of your time is capping off, getting the win bonus, then insta-queueing again.
    My queues are at least 5 minutes. Generally closer to 10.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Quote Originally Posted by Bufkus View Post
    You should have been racking up kills in warfronts in the first place, otherwise what's the point? Boss rushing is not the intended end result for port scion.

Stop complaining about pvping in pvp warfronts.
    It is not PvP when one side is farming the other. It is farming.

It is not just Scion.

It has been all regular Whitefall Steppes today because it is the best farming warfront. It plays out until the time is done. There can be no accidental ends to the match because of points.

And it is annoying.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

The problem is idiots who allow themselves to get farmed. Sit back in spawn, you won't get farmed. The team who's rolling you isn't going to stand around killing nothing, they're going to end the game.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    The problem is idiots who allow themselves to get farmed. Sit back in spawn, you won't get farmed. The team who's rolling you isn't going to stand around killing nothing, they're going to end the game.
    Which is just a hop 'n a skip away from AFKing for some people... some people want to win every now and again, so they try... shame on them.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Plane Touched

Yea sitting in spawn to get nothing out of this "bonus" is ridiculous. Plenty of matches today where there is 50kills vs 8 at the end.....that's both wins and losses. Put a string of wins together and who gets Rank 8 faster? That's right. They guys who are already stomping people. I love it, Trion. But many others do not and don't ReQ which is why wait times have grown since this morning. People accept fast lopsided losses in Escalation becuase they still benefit. Bump on only kills pretty much is bending the bads over even further.
    Last edited by Ruwyn; 08-25-2011 at 01:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Which is just a hop 'n a skip away from AFKing for some people... some people want to win every now and again, so they try... shame on them.
    There are times where you aren't going to win, accept it. If you think running out of your spawn like a lemming for 10 minutes while you get stomped is fun, then by all means, have fun wasting your time.
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by habby View Post
    hello person in under populated faction did you actualy think both factions have insta queue? in my cluster guardians have insta queue while defiants have 10-15 min queue. so the smart thing for our cluster defiants is to farm the hell out of every game even without this bonus.
    See you all in Wildstar!

IMHO, the OP was trying to highlight the issue where one side sits and treats the other side purely as resource nodes.

Some choose to counter this by sitting at the respawn wasting the farmers time.

Some choose to counter this by reporting them as afk.

I personally would prefer the removal of all warfronts and the creation of a persistent , multi shard PvP zone.

BUT, I currently play the game that is presented to me by Trion.

Enjoy the game you play, or move along. World of tanks has some fun PvP matches....

Champion

Being farmed is not fun so I don't think this is a smart mechanic.

So with this extra favor bonus...sides that continue to bulldoze (depending on battlegroup) will get more favor now to get geared faster so they can...oh yeah, stomp face even more when this bonus half-birthday celebration is all over.

Sides that continue to lose...will still make more favor than before, but at a slower rate than the side that continues to roll through.

turtling and farming has begun!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Zelarus View Post
    So with this extra favor bonus...sides that continue to bulldoze (depending on battlegroup) will get more favor now to get geared faster so they can...oh yeah, stomp face even more when this bonus half-birthday celebration is all over.

Sides that continue to lose...will still make more favor than before, but at a slower rate than the side that continues to roll through.

turtling and farming has begun!
    That's basically the gist of it. It's almost like some one or some entity is in favor of that style of play. I have to be cryptic here....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fafryd View Post
    Being farmed is not fun so I don't think this is a smart mechanic.
    Farming you, forcing you to stay in the spawn and get nothing from the entire match is why I log in to PvP everyday. Its fun for me.

Have a nice day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    I think the problem is too many terrible players in Rift that are involved with PVP.

As well as when they die in PVP, all they see on their screen is the warrior.. not the other 5 ranged classes that assisted him.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    This isn't *****ing and moaning, its pointing out that it basically causes 1 side to get farmed instead of winning a game. I don't think they want people getting farmed

Go fight some scripted dragons bro
    If that's the case. 20 people just hide around the cross at the spawn site. Then the other side can stand there for the whole timer getting nothing.

Seems fun for both sides

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast