+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP ideas

Shadowlander

Default PVP ideas

Been talking at length in our guild regarding pvp

outcomes are as below

1. stealth rouges need to be punished for bad decisions. for example a rouge that pops stealth in front of 3 opposition players, and hence loses 90% health and then slips away should no be able to do so. Some tools which may fix this. Stealthy players take real damage from aoe. Ticking debuffs should over not be overrided by slip away. Slip away and there pvp soul should be looked at.

I have no problem with the rouge real deal. ie stun lock to death. I do have a problem with the i just broke your stun lock omg iam going to die now. for example the macro rouge. or ******ed rouge as the guild calls them.

Slip away and stealth should be affected by direct aoe damage and dots.

2. People have been talking about pvp gear balance. ie i just got to lvl 50 and i am been two shot. Answer is easy buff the lower lvl's of pvp gear so they might have half as chance against r8's. Personally iam against this but the guild seems to think this is a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by potent View Post
    Been talking at length in our guild regarding pvp

outcomes are as below

1. stealth rouges need to be punished for bad decisions. for example a rouge that pops stealth in front of 3 opposition players, and hence loses 90% health and then slips away should no be able to do so. Some tools which may fix this. Stealthy players take real damage from aoe. Ticking debuffs should over not be overrided by slip away. Slip away and there pvp soul should be looked at.

I have no problem with the rouge real deal. ie stun lock to death. I do have a problem with the i just broke your stun lock omg iam going to die now. for example the macro rouge. or ******ed rouge as the guild calls them.

Slip away and stealth should be affected by direct aoe damage and dots.

2. People have been talking about pvp gear balance. ie i just got to lvl 50 and i am been two shot. Answer is easy buff the lower lvl's of pvp gear so they might have half as chance against r8's. Personally iam against this but the guild seems to think this is a good idea.
    well there is one way to detect rogues as they slip away.

warrior has beast master and a stealth detection buff, if you get the passive that gives the buffs to others, then they can also see stealthed rogues. it detects rogues that have used slip away and are in stealth. its a handy thing to have specialy around stones and flags

but if the rogue popps his buffs so you can hurt him then they are still able to capture the flag orp ick up the stones and you cant do jack about it till those buffs the rogue pops run out.

Shadowlander

Default yep thats what iam talking about

I not calling rouges op because there not.

i am calling for rouge bad play to be punished. Rouges are meant to be opportunists. let them get there slip away based on a opposition death rather then a cool down. the above post calls them op there not a r4 mage can pawn them.

The rouge been a opportunists takes the risk, do i break stealth to pawn this guy. If they do that and dont pawn him they should not have a slip away skill to save them from there own poor game play

Basicly there is no punishment for bad rouge game play

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by potent View Post
    I not calling rouges op because there not.

i am calling for rouge bad play to be punished. Rouges are meant to be opportunists. let them get there slip away based on a opposition death rather then a cool down.
    I think that is a cool idea, especially if you take away the cool down.

Invisibility in online games is so powerful period, it really has no place other than to cause issues between the community.

Ascendant

so you want rogues to only be able to come out of stealth if a person is alone?

the whole point is to take out a key player then vanish back into the shadows (our damage just doesn't allow for it right now)
    Last edited by generatedname; 08-25-2011 at 08:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Rift Disciple

Yeah now that I think about it, slip away is required to re-apply bleeds against certain classes, you can't really nerf that without hurting them pretty badly.

C'mon, if there is a cleric an assassin tries to take out, they will normally have to re-open on them. And it's not a get outta jail free card, as the rogue is immune to damage for 3 seconds, the takes damage. Even with Hidden Veil up, the sin can still take damage. And it's on a 2-min CD, so (I played sin for a while) it's normally saved for a really tough enemy, or an "Oh crap" button. It's not an "I'm gonna tick you off, take that!" button.

edit: and no rogue is gonna pop outta stealth in front of three other players. Maybe behind one of em, if they have low hp or the group is lower ranked. One other thing, R2 rogue here, in a 34 BD/32 RS build I'm never two shotted. MAYBE a warrior will kill me in about 6 seconds, but other than that it's an exxageration.
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 08-25-2011 at 11:35 AM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread