+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: A question for you PvP'ers

  1. #1
    Telaran Lillyrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default A question for you PvP'ers

    Why do you join a T1/T2 dungeon group then whine about how much you hate PvE during the entire run?

    Case in point, I am on a PvE server because I don not like to PvP, never have (only suffered briefly through it to get my PvP soul). Anyway, back to my point, yesterday in the LFG group for a T2 one of the players was from a PvP shard. He was in full 8 gear, which is good for him, but at least make an effort to have some PvE gear if you plan to try and heal a T2! His heals may be good for Warfronts, but they were horrible for dungeon healing. Then he did nothing but complain the 1/2 run we got through that the tank was squishy, which she wasn't, she was in T1 and T2 gear, he just couldn't keep her healed. We wasted a good healer spot on this guy, we asked him to leave so we could get a healer in to fiinish the run, while he was complaining about that we lost our support player and other DPS because they were getting sick of this guy. Then the PvP player dropped group but not before pulling a bunch of mobs on us, thanks buddy for that!

    So like I asked before, why do you even join the LFG for a T1/T2 then complain that PvE is the worst thing to happen to MMO's? If you don't like playing with PvE people, don't queue up.

    I am not saying all PvP players are like the guy I was grouped with, I am sure there are some who want to play PvP and PvE, but every PvP player I have been grouped with is the same way, whining about how bad PvE is.

    Cross server LFG is ok, takes longer, but at least make it so that PvP shards are not put into the pool with PvE, because there is usally a reason a person plays on one type of a shard or another, and mixing them together is like mixing gasoline and fire, not a good thing.

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Imo to get their gear for people they like to PvE with and to have a Trolololol forum posted about more whining?

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Odnoc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Didn't realize I did that... In fact, didn't realize I queued for them at all...

  4. #4
    Champion Cord 8D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Atlanta OTP
    Posts
    591

    Default

    Why can you not find enough friends to form a guild, and thus avoid the whole nasty LFG system to begin with?
    So, you think healthcare is a "right"? Then you also support the indenturing and/or enslavement of healthcare workers. Healthcare isn't a naturally occurring phenomenon like sunshine or air, someone else has to produce it, at a cost of their own time, and thus a portion of their life. So, be careful of what you would have the government claim for you at the point of a gun...

  5. #5
    Rift Master Grev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    676

    Default

    I met an idiot in a T1 dungeon 2 days ago. Why does idiots join dungeon-groups. i know not everyone are idiots, but some are and i wonder why they join ?

  6. #6
    Ascendant Rheven's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,938

    Default

    I generally do a dungeon a day using the LFG tool. Works fine for me. Funny how PvP players take lotta abuse on this forum.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Jawsnap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    There's a good share of idiot in this thread.

    @OP. They're not PvP-ers. They're just ret4rds. Don't worry about it.

    Also, why did you go for your PvP Soul if you don't like PvP? (I assume for achievement?)

  8. #8
    Champion of Telara Adeezha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,231

    Default

    We do it to annoy you.

  9. #9
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    771

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyrose View Post
    yesterday in the LFG group for a T2 one of the players was from a PvP shard. He was in full 8 gear, which is good for him, but at least make an effort to have some PvE gear if you plan to try and heal a T2! His heals may be good for Warfronts, but they were horrible for dungeon healing.
    If he was really fully rank 8 geared, I would wager his heals were far and away stronger than anyone in full T2 plaque gear. I do not see what stat he could possibly be lacking since the pvp gear has plenty of SP and spell crit.

    If anything, maybe he's one of those players who uses a one-off jack of all trades spec that falls short of the usual min/maxing pve group specs. Saying it had anything to do with his gear is just being misinformed, if he was indeed full r7/8 as you say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser Sleepthief's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    311

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyrose View Post
    Why do you join a T1/T2 dungeon group then whine about how much you hate PvE during the entire run?

    *stuff*
    cause pve gear is what most pvpers are forced to use

    i'm a pvper, i'm a lowbie, nearly all of my gear is from pve due to a lack of viable alternatives (but i don't ***** in a group, what's the point of that? they're not Trion devs)

  11. #11
    Plane Touched INCdex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lillyrose View Post
    Why do you join a T1/T2 dungeon group then whine about how much you hate PvE during the entire run?

    Case in point, I am on a PvE server because I don not like to PvP, never have (only suffered briefly through it to get my PvP soul). Anyway, back to my point, yesterday in the LFG group for a T2 one of the players was from a PvP shard. He was in full 8 gear, which is good for him, but at least make an effort to have some PvE gear if you plan to try and heal a T2! His heals may be good for Warfronts, but they were horrible for dungeon healing. Then he did nothing but complain the 1/2 run we got through that the tank was squishy, which she wasn't, she was in T1 and T2 gear, he just couldn't keep her healed. We wasted a good healer spot on this guy, we asked him to leave so we could get a healer in to fiinish the run, while he was complaining about that we lost our support player and other DPS because they were getting sick of this guy. Then the PvP player dropped group but not before pulling a bunch of mobs on us, thanks buddy for that!

    So like I asked before, why do you even join the LFG for a T1/T2 then complain that PvE is the worst thing to happen to MMO's? If you don't like playing with PvE people, don't queue up.

    I am not saying all PvP players are like the guy I was grouped with, I am sure there are some who want to play PvP and PvE, but every PvP player I have been grouped with is the same way, whining about how bad PvE is.

    Cross server LFG is ok, takes longer, but at least make it so that PvP shards are not put into the pool with PvE, because there is usally a reason a person plays on one type of a shard or another, and mixing them together is like mixing gasoline and fire, not a good thing.
    So basically you grouped with a jerk and are generalizing an entire group of players based on that....

    Yeah yeah you said "this doesn't apply to all" to cover your butt supposedly but the intent is there especially by the chosen thread title.

    I could create threads like "why are you pvers so terrible at pve" and QQ too

    pvp gear is good especially when grouped with synergy crystals. There is also a lot of T1/T2 gear that isn't as great as you think it is and plenty of awful warrior tank players out there that don't have enough toughness making them squishy.


  12. #12
    Telaran Lillyrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cord 8D View Post
    Why can you not find enough friends to form a guild, and thus avoid the whole nasty LFG system to begin with?
    I am in a great guild, a Senior Officer, happy with it and the people many of us are RL friends who started the guild together, problem is that when I am able to get on because of my RL job, they are offline because of the time. We are all on EST so that isn't the issue, it is guildie work and play scheds. I am usually at work when they are online playing and when I get home and can get online, it is when they are offline because of work or it is too late and they are sleeping because they have work/school the next day. So unfortunatly, that leaves me with the dreaded LFG system.

  13. #13
    Telaran Lillyrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jawsnap View Post
    There's a good share of idiot in this thread.

    @OP. They're not PvP-ers. They're just ret4rds. Don't worry about it.

    Also, why did you go for your PvP Soul if you don't like PvP? (I assume for achievement?)
    YEP! Only got the PvP Soul for the Achieve!

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    394

    Default

    Jerks will be jerks whether PVEers, PVPers or BOTHers.


    Chances are you've grouped with many people who are PVPers or PVP a lot and since they aren't vocal about it or complain then you won't know they are. So no all PVPers aren't like the ones you've been with who complain. Thing is you won't really know they're mainly PVPers because...they don't complain.
    Last edited by Jalliah; 08-25-2011 at 07:59 AM.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Bungomungo's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    274

    Default

    Holy sweeping generalisations Batman!

    I think the player you met was just a jerk. He's probably a jerk in PvE and a jerk in PvP. Not everyone that PvP's is like that.

    I'm not, I hope.
    Last edited by Bungomungo; 08-25-2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: The forum doesn't like my use of the word which is like donkey.
    never go to bed angry - stay awake and plot your revenge

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts