+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My idea of end game PVP. Conquer and Divide!

Thumbs up My idea of end game PVP. Conquer and Divide!

I did a little write up on my blog with an idea that could change PVP in Rift for the better.

Allow Alliances to be formed and land to be taken over! Conquer zones!

Read my full post here.

WARNING: For those that don't like to read, its a fairly long post. Just saying.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnen View Post
    I did a little write up on my blog with an idea that could change PVP in Rift for the better.

Read my full post here.

WARNING: For those that don't like to read, its a fairly long post. Just saying.

You should really cite the source for the ideas....

I see concepts from Eve, Ryzom, and several other games there. I really don't see any of it applying to Rift without a complete re-vamp of the game though.
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

while your idea as merit, sadly i think the devs here have no interest or dedicated teams to make pvp in rift more than the current system. sad but true

i actually think they are resigned to the fact that many of their population will in fact leave when swtor and gw2 comes out, thus dont want to allot any more money since that would not result in profit
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

My ideas mainly come from EVE. I've been playing EVE sense 2007 and they have a good concept of Divide and Conquer but EVE's problem is it lacks that "instant" gratification while waiting for an attack to happen.

I like the idea of taking over land but also doing WF's to pass the time until a big attack happens.

Other than some serious PVP revamps, Rift has nothing more to offer except gear upgrades and world PVP ganking for daily PVP quests.

Main problem: The only goals are to get good PVP gear. Thats it. Anyone can do it AFKing in WF's.

Eks
    Telaran

darkness falls

Quote Originally Posted by j3w3l View Post
    while your idea as merit, sadly i think the devs here have no interest or dedicated teams to make pvp in rift more than the current system. sad but true

i actually think they are resigned to the fact that many of their population will in fact leave when swtor and gw2 comes out, thus dont want to allot any more money since that would not result in profit
    Yeah this is what I am afraid of. Well, it was fun while it lasted that's for sure. I might play my rogue and get him geared to P2 at least and see where PVP in Rift goes by then.

Ultimately any PVP game is about getting the best gear I suppose but making that gear difficult to get via some sort of required team mechanics would be nice.

Soulwalker

The Problem PVP HAS NO COMPETITIVE ASPECT AKA ENDGAME

As of now RIFT pvp goes as follows.You get destroyed for weeks as rank 1-5 then another few weeks or so passes and u finally get R8. NOW WHAT? I join warfronts and train wreck noobs... this is only soo fun for so long. You eventually realize.... I have all the best gear and nothing left to do but que warfronts for 0 gain... boring

The Solution
    -Different brackets for warfronts based on gear.

Such as Rank 1-5s in one warfront braket and 6-8s in another. Making it way more fun to play as a low rank without getting rolled and making R6-8 more competitive and funner to play at the same time.

+Trion NEEDS to add a Competitive aspect to pvp i.e brackets for warfronts and possibly rated WFs, and arenas(yes arenas, NOT FOR GEAR gain but for either costume rewards or just special titles to give incentive to play them). Not as WoW used them as a grind for gear. Arena should be implemented as an "end game" for the best geared players to show there guild/team is the best.(starting **** talking and tons of other fun drama ..that lets face it is one of the funniest parts of end game pvp.

Dont get me wrong this is no where near the only thing they need to do to fix pvp, but its quick fix to make SOME SORT OF ATTEMPT at an end game for pvp.

Rift Disciple

Even through Trion practically carbon copied WoW and a few other MMO's in terms of gameplay, they did it in such away as to remove as many of the the cool online world components and only leave what was necessary to grind, grind, grind.

I predict for the future of Rift updates is that your reward for all the grinding, will be more grinding opportunities. Like P-9 and P-10!

It really doesn't matter to me that much. I feel I got my money's worth for what I have played so far. I'll probably play the rest of the week to get that bonus but I don't feel that I need to Grid to p8 from p2. In my eye I've done all I can do.

There has to be a reason to get that better P8 gear, not just for the pwn sauce. In EVE, you get bigger and better ships so that you can fight bigger targets and take over space. If you want, you can stay in the little ships and still have fun when you can find an even fight.

Not allowing full WF premades is pretty much taking away teamplay.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ronnen View Post

Read my full post here.

what you propose is not some little change or improvement to the game, is to just make a new game from scratch - a game based on completely different playstile, basic game philosophy and so on.
    basically you are saying "this game of chess is boring to me, lets play soccer".
    nothing wrong in playing soccer, but why did you came to a chess competition if you didnt like chess?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    what you propose is not some little change or improvement to the game, is to just make a new game from scratch - a game based on completely different playstile, basic game philosophy and so on.
    basically you are saying "this game of chess is boring to me, lets play soccer".
    nothing wrong in playing soccer, but why did you came to a chess competition if you didnt like chess?
    You're right. i'm bored of chess. Time for soccer! Hopefully a game of this type will one day exist. Like I said above, I got my money's worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    i would say coming to rift was more like going to play chess but instead getting checkers, nothing wrong with checkers but it hardly offers the complexity and gameplay of what we originally thought we were going too get
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

+ Reply to Thread