+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Laidrin

Thread: PvP flag bug?

Telaran

Default PvP flag bug?

I've noticed a strange bug with PvP flagging in the past few days. When our guild are doing raid rifts someone will become PvP flagged even though there isn't even a defiant near us (we're guardians) and become immune to our healers. Not too hard to fix as the healer will just flag themself for PvP however this does pose a risk as they may get ganked. Also last night while completing the last past of Sweet Nechtan my healer said I was PvP and the rest of group said that yeah I had the PvP symbol although on my buff bar it didn't show, I flagged myself PvP and lo and behold according to the rest of my group I was no longer PvP flagged even though it was now showing in my buff bar. Has anyone else come across this issue?

For 3 mins after you un-flag yourself, doesn't a buff come up that says you are leaving PvP combat?

That's the only buff I know about. Then again, I am on a PvP server.
    Got an itch for anime? Visit my anime thread here!
    Nexiga
    Retired from Rift

Telaran

Nah doesn't seem to be the case on a PvE shard, once you unflag using the command /pvp the buff with automatically be removed from your bar.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiga View Post
    For 3 mins after you un-flag yourself, doesn't a buff come up that says you are leaving PvP combat?

That's the only buff I know about. Then again, I am on a PvP server.
    5 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Laidrin View Post
    Nah doesn't seem to be the case on a PvE shard, once you unflag using the command /pvp the buff with automatically be removed from your bar.
    Umm, the only way it gets removed is if the timer counts down to zero and it wears off, or if you reflag for PvP.

Telaran

Strange because whenever I use the command /pvp when I have the PvP buff in my bar it is removed and I'm quite sure it does unflag me because a few nights ago in a raid rift I actually hit a defiant who was PvP flagged, used the command and was unflagged
    Last edited by Laidrin; 08-25-2011 at 07:10 AM.

Rift Master

A friend and I on PvE servers encounter another odd one. We're both set to not auto flag, so it's generally safe for us to be near defiant guards (they'll attack but we don't flag and can run em off).

And we can't accidentally get flagged tab targeting the nutless wonders who flag at public events hoping to grief someone because they have balls the size of bb's and are too scared to play on PvP servers.

What'll happen is, we'll be doing a public event, some idiot gets flagged, and she can't heal them - which is as expected. But, she'll still pull heal threat as if she was healing the flagged people and the guards will eventually go for her.

What I would expect to happen is that since she can't heal people who are flagged, the heal threat shouldn't be a factor from those people.

Not a big deal, but doesn't seem to work as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by Voqar View Post
    A friend and I on PvE servers encounter another odd one. We're both set to not auto flag, so it's generally safe for us to be near defiant guards (they'll attack but we don't flag and can run em off).

And we can't accidentally get flagged tab targeting the nutless wonders who flag at public events hoping to grief someone because they have balls the size of bb's and are too scared to play on PvP servers.

What'll happen is, we'll be doing a public event, some idiot gets flagged, and she can't heal them - which is as expected. But, she'll still pull heal threat as if she was healing the flagged people and the guards will eventually go for her.

What I would expect to happen is that since she can't heal people who are flagged, the heal threat shouldn't be a factor from those people.

Not a big deal, but doesn't seem to work as expected.
    It's not a crime to like to PvP on a PvE server, btw.

A lot of times people are flagged during those events because they're looking for the zone kill achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Laidrin View Post
    Strange because whenever I use the command /pvp when I have the PvP buff in my bar it is removed and I'm quite sure it does unflag me because a few nights ago in a raid rift I actually hit a defiant who was PvP flagged, used the command and was unflagged
    I'm on a PvP server and I've never seen a buff that says your PvP flagged on my bar. The only buff that comes up is like the previous poster said, the 5 minute buff that pops up after you have unflagged, but it still takes 5 minutes before you are actually unflagged (you can't insta unflag). What buff do you see while flagged? If you mean that your character portrait changes then yes, but a buff?
    Last edited by Leiloni; 08-25-2011 at 09:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lande View Post
    It's not a crime to like to PvP on a PvE server, btw.

A lot of times people are flagged during those events because they're looking for the zone kill achievements.
    /clap, well said. Also, not everyone on a pve server is terrified of fighting enemy players, ya know.
    Rig: 256gb SSD, i7 2600K quad-core (w/ HT, 4400mhz), GTX 670 Gigabyte OC WindForce @ 1354core/6510mem, 2560x1600 (Dell 3007wfp-hc S-IPS LCD monitor 30"), 16GB DDR3.
    Double the pixels of a 1920x1200 monitor = yummy graphics! I do love my eye candy...
    GSB, RoS conqueror, DH, GP cleared, 10/11 HK + P3 Akylios pre-nerf, Mage of Wolfsbane

The buff you see is the 5 minute buff you get while unflagging. If you're PvP flagged there is a blue symbol next to your portrait. it's not a buff. If you heal or buff someone who is flagged, you will be flagged (can be disabled by turning of auto flag).

As for the guards, healing pulls aggro. Deal with it.

There are no bugs in this thread, just people not understanding the mechanics.
    Last edited by KaiHeilos; 08-25-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    I'm on a PvP server and I've never seen a buff that says your PvP flagged on my bar. The only buff that comes up is like the previous poster said, the 5 minute buff that pops up after you have unflagged, but it still takes 5 minutes before you are actually unflagged (you can't insta unflag). What buff do you see while flagged? If you mean that your character portrait changes then yes, but a buff?
    On a PvE server a 'buff' (I'm just calling it this cause it shows on the buff bar) in the symbol of dead looking hand comes up when you are flagged for PvP. I tested this with friends the other night and when I unflagged the symbol they could see showing me as PvP flagged disappeared pretty much immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiHeilos View Post
    There are no bugs in this thread, just people not understanding the mechanics.
    Sorry but I do disagree, just noticed I didn't mention this in my opening post and I should have. When my guild are in raids someone (not always but very often) will become PvP flagged randomly even though there are definitely no defiants in the raid because thats just impossible

+ Reply to Thread