+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Good Defiant-side PvP Cluster?

Soulwalker

Default A Good Defiant-side PvP Cluster?

I am an R4 Riftion(Riftblade/Champion) going on R5 and am sick on losing constantly by the fail defiants on my cluster (Shadefallen/Faemist/Wolfsbane/Alsbeth/etc). I was wondering if there is a cluster out there that has a better assortment of Defiants and/or a better win percentage in Warfronts? Any feedback is appreciated.

Soulwalker

I'm thinking of joining Seastone. Any ideas?

Don't come to Briarcliff, Threesprings, Silkwebb, Harrow, and i think there is 1 more that i can't remember, or well, do if you are good, cus we are pretty close most of the time, but the guardians do usually have the edge. If you are tired of being owned by guardians find one of those "the defiants always win and im quitting" posts and check to see what shard that guy is on.

P.S. Why does every single player from Harrow suck?
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Rift Disciple

Wow Im on the same cluster but Guardian side and We get our butts kicked the majority of time in WF by Defiant higher ranks. I think what we both are dealing with is timing. At different times in the day the balance of ranks changes between the factions. I played during my normal evening playtime and got rolled in all WFs for a week never winning one and most of them were so lopsided it wasn't funny. Then I logged in yesterday earlier then normal and finally won a WF and in fact 3 in a row and it was clearly due to Rank dominance I guess Im saying you might not find the grass greener because over the course of the day the balance may change between the factions for all clusters

I'm looking for a defiant cluster with fast queue times. Any suggestions?

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thiji View Post
    I'm thinking of joining Seastone. Any ideas?
    Seastone is in the Sunrest cluster. We have horrible queues for defiant during the week but the weekends are at least tolerable 4-6 min queues for the featured warfront (don't even think about Scion). I don't even try to queue mon-thurs because it can be downright painful.

Translation...look somewhere else
    Last edited by Maladon; 08-25-2011 at 07:14 AM.

http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...wargroups.html
    Hope this help.
    You must be really bad in order to transfer there. Guardian need your help.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by lunatuna View Post
    I'm looking for a defiant cluster with fast queue times. Any suggestions?
    With how high the defiant population is in comparison to the guardian population, good luck with that.

@OP:

In the Seastone/Sunrest/Galena/Asphrodel/Faeblight/etc cluster, I have been tracking my 50 WF when I play in a PUG:

From Guardian side: win 40% lose 60% (150+ games) [queues range from instant to < 2 mins most days]
    From Defiant side: win 35% lose 65% (100+ games) [queues range from 2 mins to 10+ mins]

Note: This covers random times during the week (mostly after 5PM CST) and weekend, and does include Favorama weekend and some Whitefall Escalation games.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Soulwalker

I see. Very good feedback from all of you. Thanks!

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    With how high the defiant population is in comparison to the guardian population, good luck with that.
    Ignorant statement of the year. Guardians outnumber Defiants on almost every server.
    Last edited by Dunharrow; 08-25-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Soulwalker

I've chosen Seastone. Doing a lot better than my previous cluster, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Thulium View Post
    Apparently you have never heard of Briarcliff. Here is a hint, the Guardian zerg reigns supreme.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Soulwalker

Then again, most open world PvP is straight zerging. But that's the fun part when you're not on the receiving end.

+ Reply to Thread