+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: PvP Rifts

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Algrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    HELLsinki
    Posts
    400

    Default PvP Rifts

    * Favor, Notoriety, and quest credit for PvP Rifts are only granted to players who are still in the PvP Rift's zone at the time it is closed.

    So hopefully this does mean the whole zone (IPP, Stillmoor or Shimmersand), rather than the actual rift zone.
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

  2. #2
    Rift Master RubberDuckie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    603

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post
    * Favor, Notoriety, and quest credit for PvP Rifts are only granted to players who are still in the PvP Rift's zone at the time it is closed.

    So hopefully this does mean the whole zone (IPP, Stillmoor or Shimmersand), rather than the actual rift zone.
    well players right now are just sitting in the pvp rift zone picking up a stone and entering a warfront as they get full credit still from the pvp rift while inside the warfront. and this is causeing problems.


    while sometimes its hard enough to finish the pvp rifts because players keep jumping into warfronts which means less players to run stones, you have plaers just sitting there and getting credit still while players are running the stones, and the funny thing is the players just standing there will get the pvp marks and the players that actualy ran the stones will get nothing, its not realy fair tbh

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Algrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    HELLsinki
    Posts
    400

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    well players right now are just sitting in the pvp rift zone picking up a stone and entering a warfront as they get full credit still from the pvp rift while inside the warfront. and this is causeing problems.


    while sometimes its hard enough to finish the pvp rifts because players keep jumping into warfronts which means less players to run stones, you have plaers just sitting there and getting credit still while players are running the stones, and the funny thing is the players just standing there will get the pvp marks and the players that actualy ran the stones will get nothing, its not realy fair tbh
    I have noticed the same thing. The problem is to find a way to reward the players accordingly. Ofcourse it is important to watch over the rift to protect it, but at the same time the stones need to be carried. And those carriers need protection also, so there is a dilemma.

    Joining a warfront when in PvP rift should kick you out of the raid immediately!
    Quote Originally Posted by PVStar View Post
    I dunno, I usually stand in the middle of the pond screaming 1v1 me noobs.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,595

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Algrim View Post

    Joining a warfront when in PvP rift should kick you out of the raid immediately!
    You don't have to be in a raid to get credit for stones while you are in a warfront you just have to be on the loot table by touching a stone or pvping in the immediate area both of which can be done solo.

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser StuffedDuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    332

    Default

    I consider it more interesting that a player on a PVE server can leech rep etc. while just sitting afk in Whitefalls Tavern ... without joining the raid group or even getting flag'd for pvp (autofalg on off).

    Friend of mine realized he got a lot of rewards for not even taking part at all.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    376

    Default

    I usually do PVP rifts while I'm queueing for warfronts, just like I did normal rifts while waiting before. You got rewarded for services previously rendered in those rifts then, and you got them up until now in PVP rifts.

    I see how it could be abused, and I haven't tried it since the patch, so I don't know for sure, but if you run a shard way off from the rift, and on your way back it closes, do you still get any rewards?

    If you do join a WF or instance, in the middle of a pvp rift, do you not get any rewards for any stones you've carried, enemies you've killed, healing done on the extractors etc? Because that discourages actually helping if you know you can only do it for a few minutes while waiting.

    They (Trion) have had a lot of problems with abuse of pvp rifts, and I appreciate them finally taking it seriously, but at some point you have to make a distinction between stopping abuse and completely gimping the rewards/mechanics so that no one even bothers.

    This might be premature as I haven't tried them yet so I don't know the specific details, but... I'm bored.

  7. #7
    Plane Walker habby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by croon View Post
    I usually do PVP rifts while I'm queueing for warfronts, just like I did normal rifts while waiting before. You got rewarded for services previously rendered in those rifts then, and you got them up until now in PVP rifts.

    I see how it could be abused, and I haven't tried it since the patch, so I don't know for sure, but if you run a shard way off from the rift, and on your way back it closes, do you still get any rewards?

    If you do join a WF or instance, in the middle of a pvp rift, do you not get any rewards for any stones you've carried, enemies you've killed, healing done on the extractors etc? Because that discourages actually helping if you know you can only do it for a few minutes while waiting.

    They (Trion) have had a lot of problems with abuse of pvp rifts, and I appreciate them finally taking it seriously, but at some point you have to make a distinction between stopping abuse and completely gimping the rewards/mechanics so that no one even bothers.

    This might be premature as I haven't tried them yet so I don't know the specific details, but... I'm bored.
    The problem was with escalation as people were getting the multiplier for the rift closing while in escalation. That's why they turned the rifts off over the weekend, then turned them back on Monday.

  8. #8
    Champion Wake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    540

    Default

    There should be a limit how far you can go (as in: area around the rift spanning to the turn-in goals at most) while carrying a source stone.

    People just carry source stones waiting around the rift for inc or - even worse - go into the daily areas with the source stones in large groups to get the kill bonuses while not completing the objective at all.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by habby View Post
    The problem was with escalation as people were getting the multiplier for the rift closing while in escalation. That's why they turned the rifts off over the weekend, then turned them back on Monday.
    Ok, so they're still the same as before the weekend? That's fine then, disregard my post

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts