+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

Default NERF... Bloodthirsty.

This is my favorite proc but it is one of the most imbalanced guild perks in the game atm. It is simply just too good against players without and I am surprised that few PvP'ers actually acknowledge its imbalance.

Brief Background on Bloodthirsty.
    It is a Guild Perk which requires 1x Silver Artifacts on use. It is non-purgeable and lasts for an hour.
    At 3/3, it gives a 30% MAX health HOT over time upon killing a player.

Why this is imbalanced:
    Favors High HP Pool chars.
    Ignores DPS weightage and survivability differences between classes.
    Therefore favors mainly Warriors and Mages(chlorolock)

Examples:
    A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

Whereas a 5,000hp rogue kills a 8,000hp warrior and receives 1,500hp.

Or a 10,000 HP Mage kills a 4,000hp rogue for 3000hp.

For the amount of effort (DPS) put in with relation with the health returned, the imbalance is kind of obvious.

Here are some alternatives:
    1) Upon killing an enemy, gives a flat hp HOT of around 50hps per stack to a maximum of 150hps at 3/3 over 10s.
    2) Upon killing an enemy, takes up to 9% of targets health at 3/3. 3% ea stack. Vampiric effect.
    3) Become a buff damage proc of 3% per stack up to 9% for 30s.

I believe that nerfing this perk will help to make PvP more balanced.
    Last edited by Nnnxia; 08-24-2011 at 11:50 PM.

Rift Disciple

............No.

No Bloodthirsty is OK.
    Don't make it more complicated!

Soulwalker

Yes. KEEP Bloodthirsty! And speaking of, what's a good Defiant-side pvp cluster?

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    This is my favorite proc but it is one of the most imbalanced guild perks in the game atm. It is simply just too good against players without and I am surprised that few PvP'ers actually acknowledge its imbalance.

It is a Guild Perk which requires 1x Silver Artifacts on use. It is non-purgeable and lasts for an hour.

Why this is imbalanced:

Examples:
    A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

For the amount of effort (DPS) put in with relation with the health returned, the imbalance is kind of obvious.

1) Upon killing an enemy, gives a flat hp HOT of around 50hps per stack to a maximum of 150hps at 3/3 over 10s.
    2) Upon killing an enemy, takes up to 9% of targets health at 3/3. 3% ea stack. Vampiric effect.

bloodthirsty itself is fine but it should only work say restores 30% of hp when you kill a player this can only accur once every 30 seconds etc

(can only accure once every 30 seconds) is a defuntate fix and balance for it

i can see what the thread poster isg etting at for example

your FOTM mages with 8k hp your rogue tank dps builds your warrior paladin/champ/riftblade specs with 10k hp all these FOTM specs do alot of dps and when they kill a player the more hp they have the more bloodthirsty benefits them so they are able to take out more and more players because of 1 buff.

so makeing it so it only works once every 30 seconds is a great way to balance it
    Last edited by RubberDuckie; 08-25-2011 at 03:14 AM.

Rift Disciple

I really am getting tired of the 'entitlement' generation.

This is the kind of perk that separates PvP guilds from other guilds. It's one of the factors some players use when choosing a guild if they don't have other friends they're coming into a game to join.

There is no such thing as "fair" or "balanced".
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    bloodthirsty itself is fine but it should only work say restores 30% of hp when you kill a player this can only accur once every 30 seconds etc

(can only accure once every 30 seconds) is a defuntate fix and balance for it
    ^^ this. Currently it goes like this: pick a low rank target with low health, jump into the group, kill it in 3 GCDs, get healed for 30% HP, while you proceed to get the killing blow on the next low HP target and get another 30% heal. It's not uncommon to see a high ranked/high HP player wiping entire teams while having the Bloodthirsty HoT on him virtually constantly.

Rift Disciple

No one from replyers got the message of OP. BT based at amount of own HP favor classes THAT NEEDS BT EFFECT LESS THEN OTHERS. So basically war with more HP at beginning will get more profit then Rogue.And we will not discuss that rogue with 4k hp need afterfight heal more then 8k hp warr.

Why not to give back 30% HP from amount killed Player have?

PS: Even Normalisation to 30 sec cooldown will not enright this disparity.

Thmbs up for OP.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    No one from replyers got the message of OP. BT based at amount of own HP favor classes THAT NEEDS BT EFFECT LESS THEN OTHERS. So basically war with more HP at beginning will get more profit then Rogue.And we will not discuss that rogue with 4k hp need afterfight heal more then 8k hp warr.

Why not to give back 30% HP from amount killed Player have?

PS: Even Normalisation to 30 sec cooldown will not enright this disparity.

Thmbs up for OP.
    Wow... i don't think there is anything left untouched when it comes down to it. Another thread for absolutely no reason let's NERF this!

Blood thirsty is fine but of course let's all complain about something even though it's fine. And look at this guy. Thumbs up for op..... lol.

Don't you kids have better things to do than complaining about yet another pointless NERF?
    Why don't you guys goto school or do something useful instead of complain about 'nothing' yet again.

Hats off to Trion who have their handful working on things to improve this game, while people like this open pointless thread just because they think it's not good.... oh i know lets open a nerf thread.

/end of thread, nothing to see here, please move on
    Co-leader of <CoLD> / Guardian - Dayblind NA-Shard

Quote Originally Posted by Velev View Post
    Wow... i don't think there is anything left untouched when it comes down to it. Another thread for absolutely no reason let's NERF this!

Blood thirsty is fine but of course let's all complain about something even though it's fine. And look at this guy. Thumbs up for op..... lol.

Don't you kids have better things to do than complaining about yet another pointless NERF?
    Why don't you guys goto school or do something useful instead of complain about 'nothing' yet again.

Hats off to Trion who have their handful working on things to improve this game, while people like this open pointless thread just because they think it's not good.... oh i know lets open a nerf thread.

/end of thread, nothing to see here, please move on
    "Anything I don't have is OP'd, please nerf." FFS, it seems some players want the game reduced to checkers, although even then they'd say one color is op'd.
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    "Anything I don't have is OP'd, please nerf." FFS, it seems some players want the game reduced to checkers, although even then they'd say one color is op'd.
    ... I am for changing pvp to tic-tac-toe mode.

Each time you attack a player you freeze the game and a tic-tac-toe window pops up.
    The loser gets ported back to his/her base, and if it end in a draw both players get ported back to their base.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    Of'cource it will be better if everyone plays most OPed class until it will be NERFED into obvilion and then switch over to another FotM... Not nerfing but BALANCING is key to hold everything on the fly. And BT doesn't look like balanced abyility. It's obvious.

Truth is - in this game are much more such unbalanced things - but we are allowed ( did you hear me? Yes you, calling people childish and so on for stating facts...or probably for putting a lightspot at yours and only yours sweetness) to say facts here.And draw some attention from Trion.

Fact is - 2 Classes get from supposedly even ability much more then 2 other classes.
    Proposition : to even this field due getting percentage from target HP and not players own. This will evenout this.

What is wrong with it?
    O! I Know! You are speaking in name of Warriors and Mages who will not get everytime 50% more HP then Rogues and Clerics after honor yelding kill? ;)
    Last edited by LaBarbus; 08-25-2011 at 04:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post

Why this is imbalanced:

Examples:

I don't think Bloodthirsty is more then a minor issue in current PvP if one at all.

Bloodthirsty is fine, not everything has to give the exact same benefit to everyone to be acceptable.
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

when I am telling people that I see high rank warriors stay alive with NO HEALING IN SIGHT, this is usually the reason why, this and the pvp trinket they dont need heals .... just need to attack the person who takes the most damage. when you get low on health.
    How much do you HATE BISHOPX?
    Warrior video (july)
    Newest shaman PvP video
    Enjoy the GREATEST HITS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast