+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    This is my favorite proc but it is one of the most imbalanced guild perks in the game atm. It is simply just too good against players without and I am surprised that few PvP'ers actually acknowledge its imbalance.

Brief Background on Bloodthirsty.
    It is a Guild Perk which requires 1x Silver Artifacts on use. It is non-purgeable and lasts for an hour.
    At 3/3, it gives a 30% MAX health HOT over time upon killing a player.

Why this is imbalanced:
    Favors High HP Pool chars.
    Ignores DPS weightage and survivability differences between classes.
    Therefore favors mainly Warriors and Mages(chlorolock)

Examples:
    A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

Whereas a 5,000hp rogue kills a 8,000hp warrior and receives 1,500hp.

Or a 10,000 HP Mage kills a 4,000hp rogue for 3000hp.

For the amount of effort (DPS) put in with relation with the health returned, the imbalance is kind of obvious.

Here are some alternatives:
    1) Upon killing an enemy, gives a flat hp HOT of around 50hps per stack to a maximum of 150hps at 3/3 over 10s.
    2) Upon killing an enemy, takes up to 9% of targets health at 3/3. 3% ea stack. Vampiric effect.
    3) Become a buff damage proc of 3% per stack up to 9% for 30s.

I believe that nerfing this perk will help to make PvP more balanced.
    It also costs 50 gold and you need to get the killing blow for it to work.
    It is very far from overpowered

Can I mention...the pet thing again?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

No.

How is this thread still going on?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Except it's not personal gain because EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO IT.
    Everyone has access to the perk. Not everyone has access to an OP spec to take specific advantage of the perk. How are you not processing this?

Should we also nerf healing and mana potions because well-prepared players are using them to sustain themselves in long battles?
    Yes, a consumable on a sizable cool down is the exact same thing as a proc with no ICD that fires every time you kill someone.

Are you advocating for an ICD for bloodthirsty? Because I'll agree with that...

How about drinks? Remove drinks too? I mean it's totally not fair that a person can just regain all of that HP and mana if there isn't a healer.
    This is the part of the argument where you decided to compare apples to Buicks and essentially discredited yourself completely.

And I already know what you guys are going to say. "That's stupid."

EXACTLY.
    Correct. What you are saying is very, very stupid. That it equates to what we're saying is also fairly "not smart".

The entire purpose of the OP was to illustrate that Bloodthirsty doesn't benefit everyone equally. It drastically favors a few specs. I believe an even bigger issue is how bloodthirsty makes OP specs (of which there will always be a few, as that's the nature of MMO PvP) far, far worse. It's practically a force multiplier for gear and OP talents/souls, and that's just extremely bad for overall game balance.

I'm saying all of this as someone who runs chloro/lock with a good amount of gear. I can wade through undergeared people without ever having to cast a heal on myself; killing them is enough to fuel my health pretty much indefinitely. It's broken, and it needs to be changed.
    Last edited by handerhank; 09-11-2011 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    This is the part of the argument where you decided to compare apples to Buicks and essentially discredited yourself completely.
    I just wanted to say, in its own odd way...that is one of the coolest things I've ever read on the internet.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Handerhank nailed it.

"The entire purpose of the OP was to illustrate that Bloodthirsty doesn't benefit everyone equally. It drastically favors a few specs. I believe an even bigger issue is how bloodthirsty makes OP specs (of which there will always be a few, as that's the nature of MMO PvP) far, far worse. It's practically a force multiplier for gear and OP talents/souls, and that's just extremely bad for overall game balance."

Trion Adjust it. Or make it a purchase item on PvP vendors (50 gold).

Soulwalker

This skill is OP and always "warrior" will say "no it isn't"... rogue will say "it is OP"... mage will say "no it's good"... cleric... hmmm... don't realy like dps cler (on WF they do low dps - ) so i will say nothing more (maybe on "my" WF got weak cler dps)...
    For one will be OP skill but to other not...
    But they need scale this skill... ppl with more HP got better... so most of warrior dps... rogue with tank build do crap dps...
    Last edited by Truemulti; 09-11-2011 at 04:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Truemulti View Post
    This skill is OP and always "warrior" will say "no it isn't"... rogue will say "it is OP"... mage will say "no it's good"... cleric... hmmm... don't realy like dps cler (on WF they do low dps - ) so i will say nothing more (maybe on "my" WF got weak cler dps)...
    For one will be OP skill but to other not...
    But they need scale this skill... ppl with more HP got better... so most of warrior dps... rogue with tank build do crap dps...
    Maybe it should be made a flat amount of healing? Say.... 700 hp per rank? So at 3/3 it heals 2.1k (thus benefiting all classes equally regardless of max HP).
    Last edited by Conundrum; 09-11-2011 at 04:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    Everyone has access to the perk. Not everyone has access to an OP spec to take specific advantage of the perk. How are you not processing this?

Yes, a consumable on a sizable cool down is the exact same thing as a proc with no ICD that fires every time you kill someone.

Are you advocating for an ICD for bloodthirsty? Because I'll agree with that...

Correct. What you are saying is very, very stupid. That it equates to what we're saying is also fairly "not smart".

The entire purpose of the OP was to illustrate that Bloodthirsty doesn't benefit everyone equally. It drastically favors a few specs. I believe an even bigger issue is how bloodthirsty makes OP specs (of which there will always be a few, as that's the nature of MMO PvP) far, far worse. It's practically a force multiplier for gear and OP talents/souls, and that's just extremely bad for overall game balance.

I'm saying all of this as someone who runs chloro/lock with a good amount of gear. I can wade through undergeared people without ever having to cast a heal on myself; killing them is enough to fuel my health pretty much indefinitely. It's broken, and it needs to be changed.
    So, by your own words gear disparity and class balance is the problem, but let's go ahead and remove something that solves neither?

And I'm the one bringing Buicks into the conversation. Okay guy.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Read the info and make your own decision.

From the site is a video http://www.dissb.com/most-over-power...-blood-thirsty showing how it works. I have quoted from the site as shown below.

One of the most over powered things in the game is a guild perk called Blood Thirsty. This guild perk at rank 3 restores up to 30% of your health upon dealing a deathblow to an enemy. The cost is a silver artifact which can be bought at the guild merchant for 50 gold. This ability last for 1 hour, and persists through death. It cannot be stacked with any other guild perk.

Blood Thirsty alone will enable you to easily handle 2 on 1 fights, even 3 on 1. The first thing you would want to do is detaunt one of the enemies and focus on the other. Upon killing the enemy, you will notice what I call a robotic sound which lets you know your Blood Thirsty has proc’d. You will receive 5% of your health every second for 6 seconds. Once again, this is another reason why I believe stacking endurance, as the benefit gained from Blood Thirsty is percentage based. Now you can focus on the enemy previously detaunted.

Another great use of this perk is on my Warlock Mage. Whenever I kill an enemy and am at near or full health, I often use a warlock ability called Sacrifice Life: Mana. This warlock ability converts life for mana. You should be able to use this ability 3 times upon Blood Thirsty proc’ing.

If you are not in a guild or your guild doesn’t have this perk, I would suggest finding one that has trained for the 3rd rank of Blood Thirsty."

"I can't kill anyone and the people that can are getting heals WAHH!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Ok let's all dps in WFs, we don't need heals.

Forcing someone into a spec to get procs off that, did you rally just type that?

LOL!
    Ok trying to be polite with people like you is useless. You are an idiot or severely ******ed.

Since you truely struggle to grasp it i will repeat it.

Bloodthirsty is the only thing that heal people when they don't have heals.
    Why they don't have heals?
    Because in this game there are classes that can either do good dps and be the best healers while there are classes that cannot heal themselves or very little.
    So without that perk these classes would not be able to play at all, since their chance to play is a consequence of the choice of others between healing and dps.

Untill every class will have a way to self heal, sacrificing dps, the idea of removing this perk clearly identifies you as an idiot or severely ******ed.
    Last edited by Marzio; 09-11-2011 at 05:21 AM.
    Science is built of facts the way a house is built of bricks; but an accumulation of facts is no more science than a pile of bricks is a house.
    - Henri Poincare

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Marzio View Post
    Ok trying to be polite with people like you is useless. You are an idiot or severely ******ed.

Since you truely struggle to grasp it i will repeat it.

Why they don't have heals?
    Because in this game there are classes that can either do good dps and be the best healers while there are classes that cannot heal themselves or very little.
    So without that perk these classes would not be able to play at all, since their chance to play is a consequence of the choice of others between healing and dps.

Untill every class will have a way to self heal, sacrificing dps, the idea of removing this perk clearly identifies you as an idiot or severely ******ed.
    OP never said to remove it. He simply stated that it needed a change because it benefits classes differently.

Options for a solution.

a) Make it heal you for a precentage of the health of the target killed, would help with the pet proccing issue also. We all know trion likes lazy fixes, so this would be well suited for them.

b) Make it a flat heal amount per rank(ex. 1/3= 500 3/3= 1500). Except this would have to scale with level and they would have to fix it proccing off of pets still.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Madaam View Post
    OP never said to remove it. He simply stated that it needed a change because it benefits classes differently.

Options for a solution.

a) Make it heal you for a precentage of the health of the target killed, would help with the pet proccing issue also. We all know trion likes lazy fixes, so this would be well suited for them.

b) Make it a flat heal amount per rank(ex. 1/3= 500 3/3= 1500). Except this would have to scale with level and they would have to fix it proccing off of pets still.
    I've seen this whole make it heal for a percentage of who you killed thing a dozen times in here and it blows my mind how the people saying it don't realize its just an attempt to swing things in an opposite direction. 9k HP mage gets killed by a 5k rogue and his benefit is much greater to him that if the mage had killed the rogue, OMG OP!!!!!!!

Its a flat percentage based off your health, that means it heals everyone equally based on where they have allocated their stats. People need to quit crying if they have a low endurance build because people who chose a higher one benefit from it. You sacrifice for that higher endurance, just like your low health classes most likely have a ton more burst.

I do think it shouldn't proc off of pets though.

Quote Originally Posted by Marzio View Post
    Pots, Revitalization Seed, Soul Shard... but yeah, Bloodthirsty is the only thing that heals people when they don't have heals.

...Right. Bloodthirsty is just the only thing that provides heals without having to waste a second mid-battle to actually click an item. Well that and some trinkets, but that's a can of worms for another time.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast