+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 122
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

  1. #91
    Telaran emeraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Sydney, Australia
    Posts
    95

    Default

    I use it, we have ours set to 3/3. Its pretty handy, but I don't it used all the time. Nor do I use it all the time. The 30 second limit might be a good change I agree. HP wise in a Warfront HP doesn't make a great deal of difference in my experience. Its mostly burst damage. Its more of a case of killing the other before you run out, than having them to spare.
    System: Asus G73Sw Laptop, Processor: Intel Core i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (4 CPUs) Memory: 8192MB RAM. Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 4063 MB Memory. Direct X 11. OS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
    Administrator for Riftrp.Net, the official affiliated Roleplay forum

  2. #92
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Marzio View Post
    Can everybody play as a dps? Yes, then everybody can benefit from this perk.
    Can everybody play as an healer? No, then not everybody need it but still those that can heal themself can benefit from it.

    Considering that there is a class that doesn't have self healing, then BT is the only way to let these people "play as they want", just like many people who could heal and choose to not do it can do.
    The only true fix would be to forbid those that can cast healing spells to use this buff, since they don't need more ways to survive.
    Ok let's all dps in WFs, we don't need heals.

    Forcing someone into a spec to get procs off that, did you rally just type that?

    LOL!

  3. #93
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    771

    Default

    ****. This is one of the coolest consumables in PvP. It's also the only viable option for melee classes that end up in warfronts without healers.

    Healing is broken anyway. SHoE blasting heal procs all over the raid. ****. And you guys are crying about blood thirsty because of one or more of the following. You: Don't have it, couldnt afford the silver artifacts anyway, could never get a kill to proc it, have crappy armor so 1/3 of your health is nothing..

    I cant tell you how many times I killed someone then died just to see the bloodthirsty start ticking as I was dead. If it instantly healed 1/3 of your life on every kill, okay.. that would be a tad OP. The HoT it puts on you is hardly a challenge for someone to out damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

  4. #94
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    Except it's not personal gain because EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO IT.

    Should we also nerf healing and mana potions because well-prepared players are using them to sustain themselves in long battles?

    How about drinks? Remove drinks too? I mean it's totally not fair that a person can just regain all of that HP and mana if there isn't a healer.

    And I already know what you guys are going to say. "That's stupid."

    EXACTLY.
    Everyone??

    NO. Only rank 3 PvP guild members with bloodthirsty have access to it, anyone else unguilded or in a non-pvp guild which are the ones getting stomped by players abusing that perk are affected by it, the same folks that the valor change was made to address in the last patch.

    In its current form with limited access to PvP guild members its blatently overpowered. If Trion wanted to make something fair for everyone like bloodthirsty, they would've just made the blue PvP trinket a 30% heal every PvP kill, but no they made it a worthless 10% heal. Why give out a OP'd 30% to a select group, especially with all the FOTM mages and warriors stacked with health, healing, and burst damage.

  5. #95
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seira View Post
    Everyone??

    NO. Only rank 3 PvP guild members with bloodthirsty have access to it, anyone else unguilded or in a non-pvp guild which are the ones getting stomped by players abusing that perk are affected by it, the same folks that the valor change was made to address in the last patch.

    In its current form with limited access to PvP guild members its blatently overpowered. If Trion wanted to make something fair for everyone like bloodthirsty, they would've just made the blue PvP trinket a 30% heal every PvP kill, but no they made it a worthless 10% heal. Why give out a OP'd 30% to a select group, especially with all the FOTM mages and warriors stacked with health, healing, and burst damage.

    Really? Even my pve guilds have it. It's hardly something for a 'select group'.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

  6. #96
    Rift Disciple Rivencsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Now lets add into the mix the Noble Guard's breath (+10% of health anytime you deal a killing blow to a player). Ya nothing says overpowered like a 40% health regain after a kill compared to players that have Zero health regain. Wow just wow.

  7. #97
    Rift Disciple sirdanile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Bloodthirsty is indeed overpowered.

    It indeed does need a nerf.

    Yes I will continue to use it regardless of changes
    I place a black candle on your chest,
    the path of night is manifest.

    Sempresno Level 50 P6 Rogue/Marcosias Level 45 Warrior/Diclonius Level 26 Mage/Sumona Level 23 Cleric - Banished - Dayblind

  8. #98
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    The problem with bloodthirsty and this thread is that there is no forward thinking.

    What happens when everyone is r8 ... will bloodthirsty be op?

    All I see are low ranking players complaining about, yet another thing. You're attacking the symptoms and not the cause ... the fact that you're low rank.

    I'll go 180 and like to see more perks like bloodthirsty.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-10-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  9. #99
    Rift Disciple Rivencsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    The problem with bloodthirsty and this thread is that there is no forward thinking.

    What happens when everyone is r8 ... will bloodthirsty be op?

    All I see are low ranking players complaining about, yet another thing. You're attacking the symptoms and not the cause ... the fact that you're low rank.
    I am rank 8 and I disagree with your statement.

  10. #100
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rivencsky View Post
    I am rank 8 and I disagree with your statement.
    you're the guy who 'cancelled his account' over something silly like blood thirsty ... excuse me if I don't take you believe or take you seriously.
    Last edited by Vaine; 09-10-2011 at 05:47 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  11. #101
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    89

    Default

    agreed. overpowered.

  12. #102
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Honestly if a game is to promote guilds as being beneficial and PvP is a big part of the game, this seems in line. I am guildless by the way so I don't have access to it, but those in guilds deserve a perk like this if you ask me. If it is really too overpowered based on it's pure mechanics, then make the heal duration longer but still heal the same amount. If the plight is that it's overpowered because unguilded people or people in nonpvp guilds not using the perk can't get it....that is lame.

  13. #103
    Rift Disciple Rivencsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Any class that would have that ability would be considered GOD like. As stated in the video's on the prior pages you can easily take on 2 v 1 with ease and potentially 3 v 1 without to much problem. How is that not overpowered?

    Add that ability to a class like a Warlock and you will need God to help you kill that player.
    Last edited by Rivencsky; 09-10-2011 at 04:50 PM.

  14. #104
    Plane Touched Conundrum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    While I would say that is a very powerful tool, I wouldn't exactly say that it is "overpowered" for one single fact: It is available to every class.

    Leave it, it is fine. Oh, and I play Rogue, so I may be a little biased since I really benefit from Bloodthirsty.

  15. #105
    Ascendant Zaros's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,411

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RubberDuckie View Post
    bloodthirsty itself is fine but it should only work say restores 30% of hp when you kill a player this can only accur once every 30 seconds etc

    (can only accure once every 30 seconds) is a defuntate fix and balance for it

    i can see what the thread poster isg etting at for example


    your FOTM mages with 8k hp your rogue tank dps builds your warrior paladin/champ/riftblade specs with 10k hp all these FOTM specs do alot of dps and when they kill a player the more hp they have the more bloodthirsty benefits them so they are able to take out more and more players because of 1 buff.

    so makeing it so it only works once every 30 seconds is a great way to balance it
    whaaaaAaat
    ~Quiescent

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts