+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Rivencsky View Post
    Blood Thirsty - Guild Perk is WAYYYYYY overpowered and need to be toned down drastrically. It is like having a pocket healer. Wow guilds need that big of a crutch? L2P...

From the site is a video http://www.dissb.com/most-over-power...-blood-thirsty showing how it works. I have quoted from the site as shown below.

One of the most over powered things in the game is a guild perk called Blood Thirsty. This guild perk at rank 3 restores up to 30% of your health upon dealing a deathblow to an enemy. The cost is a silver artifact which can be bought at the guild merchant for 50 gold. This ability last for 1 hour, and persists through death. It cannot be stacked with any other guild perk.

Blood Thirsty alone will enable you to easily handle 2 on 1 fights, even 3 on 1. The first thing you would want to do is detaunt one of the enemies and focus on the other. Upon killing the enemy, you will notice what I call a robotic sound which lets you know your Blood Thirsty has proc’d. You will receive 5% of your health every second for 6 seconds. Once again, this is another reason why I believe stacking endurance, as the benefit gained from Blood Thirsty is percentage based. Now you can focus on the enemy previously detaunted.

Another great use of this perk is on my Warlock Mage. Whenever I kill an enemy and am at near or full health, I often use a warlock ability called Sacrifice Life: Mana. This warlock ability converts life for mana. You should be able to use this ability 3 times upon Blood Thirsty proc’ing.

If you are not in a guild or your guild doesn’t have this perk, I would suggest finding one that has trained for the 3rd rank of Blood Thirsty."
    It is not like having pocket healers.... there have been many times where players have killed people and had low health, while BT procs, they still tend to die because its a slow and timed heal.

It heals over about 5-6 secs. No it's not OP, and it is nothing like having pocket heals. It is a guild perk that any guild can pick up and not somethnig that only certain guilds can have. So you have no leg to stand on here.
    Get your guild to pick it up, pvp or pve is irrelevant. Once a guild is high enough they should have plenty of spare points to be able to cover this perk.

You have no clue what you are talking about and are just posting to whine about nothing.
    Co-leader of <CoLD> / Guardian - Dayblind NA-Shard

So you would support providing this to the PvP vendor for anyone to purchase or is it too over powered?

Plane Walker

jesus someone need to increase there birth control prescription strength.

My favorite forum thread was someone QQing about not wanting to summon pets in PvP as the enemy would target their pet for the blood thirsty effect. Just have to laugh at anyone that thinks this is not overpowered.

Reminds me of the Rank 8 QQing prior to the patch. Gotta love the drama queens.

(you really should hide your guild signature when trying to diss the issue) Rofl
    Last edited by Rivencsky; 09-09-2011 at 01:16 PM.

Rift Master

Default it makes balance issues worse...

Why does no one bother to respond to the points that can't be refuted?

MMO balance is brutally complicated and constantly evolving. There will always be oversights, combined with player ingenuity, that produce overpowered specs. Including an effectively baseline perk that exacerbates these balance issues with additional bonuses for victory? Idiotic.

When pyros were mowing people down, they were exceedingly dangerous. How did it help matters that they were also practically immortal thanks to proc'ing a substantial self-heal on kills? Same thing happened with geared para/champs, who offset their lackluster survivability (you know, their supposed "weakness") with the same perk.

In a nutshell: bloodthirsty makes balancing pvp an even more improbable nightmare. It's plain bad design, and it should be eliminated or drastically reworked. The only people who defend it are the ones who benefit overmuch from it. They're the same people who defend horribly overpowered mechanics and specs because the truth is they simply want to continue to abuse said mechanics/specs for personal gain.

Ascendant

It should be nerfed - and yes, I (ab)use it.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    It should be nerfed - and yes, I (ab)use it.
    rofl i love bloodthirsty its so OP. you can kill multiple targets lower rank than you xDDD

but ye it defo needs nerf
    Last edited by Deicidium; 09-09-2011 at 02:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    Why does no one bother to respond to the points that can't be refuted?

MMO balance is brutally complicated and constantly evolving. There will always be oversights, combined with player ingenuity, that produce overpowered specs. Including an effectively baseline perk that exacerbates these balance issues with additional bonuses for victory? Idiotic.

When pyros were mowing people down, they were exceedingly dangerous. How did it help matters that they were also practically immortal thanks to proc'ing a substantial self-heal on kills? Same thing happened with geared para/champs, who offset their lackluster survivability (you know, their supposed "weakness") with the same perk.

In a nutshell: bloodthirsty makes balancing pvp an even more improbable nightmare. It's plain bad design, and it should be eliminated or drastically reworked. The only people who defend it are the ones who benefit overmuch from it. They're the same people who defend horribly overpowered mechanics and specs because the truth is they simply want to continue to abuse said mechanics/specs for personal gain.
    Except it's not personal gain because EVERYONE HAS ACCESS TO IT.

Should we also nerf healing and mana potions because well-prepared players are using them to sustain themselves in long battles?

How about drinks? Remove drinks too? I mean it's totally not fair that a person can just regain all of that HP and mana if there isn't a healer.

And I already know what you guys are going to say. "That's stupid."

EXACTLY.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Shield of Telara

You whiners want to take every single unique thing out of the game until every class is exactly the same. Why bother even rolling a certain class when eventually every one will play exactly the same?

By the way, everyone is free to stack endurance and health talents. I have seen every class over 10K. Its gear, not one calling vs another.

Just another thread by bad players crying to nerf things they don't have yet. Move along, nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Blood Thirsty - Guild Perk is WAYYYYYY overpowered and need to be toned down drastrically. It is like having a pocket healer. Wow guilds need that big of a crutch? L2P...

From the site is a video http://www.dissb.com/most-over-power...-blood-thirsty showing how it works. I have quoted from the site as shown below.

One of the most over powered things in the game is a guild perk called Blood Thirsty. This guild perk at rank 3 restores up to 30% of your health upon dealing a deathblow to an enemy. The cost is a silver artifact which can be bought at the guild merchant for 50 gold. This ability last for 1 hour, and persists through death. It cannot be stacked with any other guild perk.

Blood Thirsty alone will enable you to easily handle 2 on 1 fights, even 3 on 1. The first thing you would want to do is detaunt one of the enemies and focus on the other. Upon killing the enemy, you will notice what I call a robotic sound which lets you know your Blood Thirsty has proc’d. You will receive 5% of your health every second for 6 seconds. Once again, this is another reason why I believe stacking endurance, as the benefit gained from Blood Thirsty is percentage based. Now you can focus on the enemy previously detaunted.

Another great use of this perk is on my Warlock Mage. Whenever I kill an enemy and am at near or full health, I often use a warlock ability called Sacrifice Life: Mana. This warlock ability converts life for mana. You should be able to use this ability 3 times upon Blood Thirsty proc’ing.

If you are not in a guild or your guild doesn’t have this perk, I would suggest finding one that has trained for the 3rd rank of Blood Thirsty."

Plane Touched

bloodthirsty is fine, nerf "slip away", why the hell someone can vanish while in combat?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    I really am getting tired of the 'entitlement' generation.

This is the kind of perk that separates PvP guilds from other guilds. It's one of the factors some players use when choosing a guild if they don't have other friends they're coming into a game to join.

There is no such thing as "fair" or "balanced".
    If your reasoning is purely for a seperation of guild "types" by one getting this perk, fine...difference of opinion. If it's because you feel entitled then I'd say this post is rather hypocritical.

Wanting things on a "level playing" field has alot of merit because it's supposed to be Player vs. PLAYER. Not Player vs. Gear or Player vs. GuildType.

Quote Originally Posted by riftrules View Post
    bloodthirsty is fine, nerf "slip away", why the hell someone can vanish while in combat?
    LoL you must not play a rogue. As a Sin build you cannot in any form or fashion stand toe to toe with any class in the game. You MUST use stealth attack and slip away to allow your dots to tick off on the single target and then if needed, come out of stealth and finish them off. Sin Rogue can ONLY kill reliably Warriors and other Rogues in that build.

They should remove or limit hidden veil. That is the item that allows them to stay away for extended time ignoring dots and debuff affects. Now that this cleared up.

Comments like Blood Thirsty - Guild Perk is fine is exactly what the Rank 8's were saying about leaving the Valor system alone. It didn't work for them and this denial won't work for you.
    Last edited by Rivencsky; 09-10-2011 at 01:23 AM.

Telaran

You know what? It's not fair that rogues dont have as much HP as warriors/mages...

I have an idea here....All classes have the same abilities, weapons, armor, and you can only queue against ppl who are geared, levelled, and set up exactly like you...

Quit qqing. Rogues/Clerics who know what they are doing murder ppl....so mebbe you just suck

Rift Disciple

If bloody thirsty really is fine because everyone has access to it, why oppose a change to it?

Everyone will still have access to it in its new form.

I'd like to see it be something like;

"Heals you for 25% of the dying target's health over 5 seconds when you get the killing blow. You are healed for 10% of a dying target's health over 5 seconds, if nearby when killed."

Could have a variant that restores mana instead of health on kills by party members.

Removes the dependancy of requiring the killing blow, and the greater advantage some specs have with regards to returned health.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast