+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    I agree, my entire team should be healed for 30% every time I land a killing blow.
    omg i would love that =p
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    No they don't.

You have to land a killing blow.

Yep, I sure see alot of healing clerics, bards, dominators, archons rocking the charts with 1 kb every match versus warriors with 15-25.

20 KBs on a warrior with 7k health, that is a LOT of free healing, 30% of their health each kill.

That's 2.1k heal for a warrior with that much health each kill, with 25 KBs, good lord, that's 2.1k x 25 = well over 50k in free heals, occuring in a short time span.
    As opposed to heals that aren't free? It's a lot harder competing for killing blows than it is to hit a heal button, man.

Bloodthirsty isn't outhealing anything, all it's doing is keeping a player in combat alive long enough to get real heals. And as I said, it's available to everyone. If you can't get bloodthirsty procs on your healing whatever, guess what, you have far more effective healing built-in that's far easier to fire off.

Non-issue.

Christ.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

bloodthirsty is the reason why I'm not pigeon holed into a x/x/chloro build.

It doesn't need changed or tweaked.

Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

Plane Touched

I guess that you want to introduce some kind of mechanics that force healers to actually heal, since when they dont heal (because they want to dps) the only way to stay alive is potting, drinking and bloodthirsty.

Moreover this perk is a competitive perk because in a mass of players only the one who gives the killing blow is healed.

Or another option is giving an healing soul to warriors too so that when we could not heal ourselves with bloodthirsty nor have someone who wants to heal, we can still play the game we pay for.

Or give me my money back so i don't have to erase my warrior because i cannot get out of the graveyard when nobody is healing (since this is a cooperative game) and i don't have to play with people that cannot go farther than their noses game wise.
    Science is built of facts the way a house is built of bricks; but an accumulation of facts is no more science than a pile of bricks is a house.
    - Henri Poincare

Plane Touched

I guess that you want to introduce some kind of mechanics that force healers to actually heal, since when they dont heal (because they want to dps) the only way to stay alive is potting, drinking and bloodthirsty.

Moreover this perk is a competitive perk because in a mass of players only the one who gives the killing blow is healed.

Or another option is giving an healing soul to warriors too so that when we could not heal ourselves with bloodthirsty nor have someone who wants to heal, we can still play the game we pay for.

Or give me my money back so i don't have to erase my warrior because i cannot get out of the graveyard when nobody is healing (since this is a cooperative game) and i don't have to play with people that cannot go farther than their noses game wise.

No they don't.

You have to land a killing blow.

Yep, I sure see alot of healing clerics, bards, dominators, archons rocking the charts with 1 kb every match versus warriors with 15-25.

20 KBs on a warrior with 7k health, that is a LOT of free healing, 30% of their health each kill.

That's 2.1k heal for a warrior with that much health each kill, with 25 KBs, good lord, that's 2.1k x 25 = well over 50k in free heals, occuring in a short time span.
    On now we know that you can do multiplications.
    Unfortunally, those numbers only exists in your head.
    Quite simply, BT doesn't overheal, so if i am not hurt it will heal me for 0. if i miss 100 hp it will heal me for 100 hp and so on.
    Moreover it is a Hot. So if in the while somebody hits me i die if the damage is higher than my actual hp and the reamaining healings will be wasted, because corpses cannot be healed.
    Science is built of facts the way a house is built of bricks; but an accumulation of facts is no more science than a pile of bricks is a house.
    - Henri Poincare

Quote Originally Posted by USSR View Post
    Kinda curious why nnnxia would like to see this changed considering he's top 2% of rogues on our cluster and must benefit greatly from Blood Thirsty.
    Only top 2%!??
    My feelings are hurt

Quote Originally Posted by Marzio View Post

On now we know that you can do multiplications.
    Unfortunally, those numbers only exists in your head.
    Quite simply, BT doesn't overheal, so if i am not hurt it will heal me for 0. if i miss 100 hp it will heal me for 100 hp and so on.
    Moreover it is a Hot. So if in the while somebody hits me i die if the damage is higher than my actual hp and the reamaining healings will be wasted, because corpses cannot be healed.
    Yeah I bet with zerg fest aoe fest this game is, you're at 95% often lol

Bt needs nerfed, or a healer/support variant added.

Notice back a page there's an OR

If dps get some sort of pvp perk thats so awesome and OP, clearly support/heals needs one, simple as that.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 09-08-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Ascendant

Didn't read the whole thing and I am sure this has been stated, but it procs off pets and it really shouldn't. Really the only thing I care about them changing.

Prophet of Telara

What do healers need a healing perk for, and for what? You want some kind of bonus to proc every time someone goes below 5% and you heal them? That'd be fun!
    Last edited by Digits; 09-08-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    As opposed to heals that aren't free? It's a lot harder competing for killing blows than it is to hit a heal button, man.

Bloodthirsty isn't outhealing anything, all it's doing is keeping a player in combat alive long enough to get real heals. And as I said, it's available to everyone. If you can't get bloodthirsty procs on your healing whatever, guess what, you have far more effective healing built-in that's far easier to fire off.

Non-issue.

Christ.
    I don't think you get the point. Why should a player whose build sacrifices survivability for maximum DPS have a way to increase survivability greatly? Imagine if healing clerics got a DPS proc off of healing someone to full health. Same principle.

Regardless of any complaints about squishy DPS dying without Bloodthirsty, balance is not about players having ways to 1v3 or 1v4, nor is it about a lack of healing clerics in pug wafronts. The soul trees are meant to be designed so that players are forced to sacrifice one gain for another and Bloodthirsty is contrary to that.

Now don't get me wrong. I'm not saying that the healing from Bloodthirsty is a phenomenally OP heal that makes DPS untouchable. However, it is a sufficient tool to push some players over the edge into ridiculous territory and its presence just heightens some of the class imbalances.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    This is my favorite proc but it is one of the most imbalanced guild perks in the game atm. It is simply just too good against players without and I am surprised that few PvP'ers actually acknowledge its imbalance.

Brief Background on Bloodthirsty.
    It is a Guild Perk which requires 1x Silver Artifacts on use. It is non-purgeable and lasts for an hour.
    At 3/3, it gives a 30% MAX health HOT over time upon killing a player.

Why this is imbalanced:
    Favors High HP Pool chars.
    Ignores DPS weightage and survivability differences between classes.
    Therefore favors mainly Warriors and Mages(chlorolock)

Examples:
    A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

Whereas a 5,000hp rogue kills a 8,000hp warrior and receives 1,500hp.

Or a 10,000 HP Mage kills a 4,000hp rogue for 3000hp.

For the amount of effort (DPS) put in with relation with the health returned, the imbalance is kind of obvious.

Here are some alternatives:
    1) Upon killing an enemy, gives a flat hp HOT of around 50hps per stack to a maximum of 150hps at 3/3 over 10s.
    2) Upon killing an enemy, takes up to 9% of targets health at 3/3. 3% ea stack. Vampiric effect.
    3) Become a buff damage proc of 3% per stack up to 9% for 30s.

I believe that nerfing this perk will help to make PvP more balanced.
    blood thirsty is fine it appears that rogue needs gear or make some changes to his runes.

Telaran

For me bloodthirsty as is makes Rift PvP interesting, allowing DPS classes to well...DPS

If you want 10,000hp OP do what most PvPers do, add a little bit of a tanky soul, get some end/dex lessers or end/int lessers, enchant for end, and well... gear and spec yourself properly for PvP

Plane Walker

people that take pvp more seriously then others invest in pots, wet stone, armor augments, food etc.. also having cloro, cleric, or even warlord or paladin buffs push those number higher. So my advise is re-think your gear.

all the R8 set have similar endurance values.
    Last edited by Grazskin; 09-08-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Plane Touched

Yeah I bet with zerg fest aoe fest this game is, you're at 95% often lol

Bt needs nerfed, or a healer/support variant added.

Notice back a page there's an OR

If dps get some sort of pvp perk thats so awesome and OP, clearly support/heals needs one, simple as that.
    Can everybody play as a dps? Yes, then everybody can benefit from this perk.
    Can everybody play as an healer? No, then not everybody need it but still those that can heal themself can benefit from it.

Considering that there is a class that doesn't have self healing, then BT is the only way to let these people "play as they want", just like many people who could heal and choose to not do it can do.
    The only true fix would be to forbid those that can cast healing spells to use this buff, since they don't need more ways to survive.
    Last edited by Marzio; 09-08-2011 at 10:39 AM.
    - Henri Poincare

Default I quote " Most overpowered thing in the game" Nerf needed

Blood Thirsty - Guild Perk is WAYYYYYY overpowered and need to be toned down drastrically. It is like having a pocket healer. Wow guilds need that big of a crutch? L2P...

From the site is a video http://www.dissb.com/most-over-power...-blood-thirsty showing how it works. I have quoted from the site as shown below.

One of the most over powered things in the game is a guild perk called Blood Thirsty. This guild perk at rank 3 restores up to 30% of your health upon dealing a deathblow to an enemy. The cost is a silver artifact which can be bought at the guild merchant for 50 gold. This ability last for 1 hour, and persists through death. It cannot be stacked with any other guild perk.

Blood Thirsty alone will enable you to easily handle 2 on 1 fights, even 3 on 1. The first thing you would want to do is detaunt one of the enemies and focus on the other. Upon killing the enemy, you will notice what I call a robotic sound which lets you know your Blood Thirsty has proc’d. You will receive 5% of your health every second for 6 seconds. Once again, this is another reason why I believe stacking endurance, as the benefit gained from Blood Thirsty is percentage based. Now you can focus on the enemy previously detaunted.

Another great use of this perk is on my Warlock Mage. Whenever I kill an enemy and am at near or full health, I often use a warlock ability called Sacrifice Life: Mana. This warlock ability converts life for mana. You should be able to use this ability 3 times upon Blood Thirsty proc’ing.

If you are not in a guild or your guild doesn’t have this perk, I would suggest finding one that has trained for the 3rd rank of Blood Thirsty."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast