+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

Probably been said, been said many times... pets are not players.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

I am all for nerfing bloodthirsty. Why?

You give classes that get kills more of an advantage, when you have no support/healer variant of the same mechanic, that cannot and do not get kills, like healers, bard, dom, archon, etc that gives mana/energy back on spellcast or a proc

It blatently only favors dps.

So yes, nerf it or give a support/healer equivelant.

It's pretty simple. If you care about PvP, you are in a guild with this perk.

Everyone who cares already has it = balanced.

Ascendant

yeah, once there is competitive pvp i can see nerfing it. but there will never be, so may as well have fun turning the other team into noisy BT procs.

PEW PEW PEW PEW
    Last edited by Stimuz; 09-07-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    I really am getting tired of the 'entitlement' generation.

This is the kind of perk that separates PvP guilds from other guilds. It's one of the factors some players use when choosing a guild if they don't have other friends they're coming into a game to join.

There is no such thing as "fair" or "balanced".
    You should be tired of yourself then, because expecting perks like Bloodthirsty to exist and continue to exist is a form of entitlement.

Fact is, people like you who complain about "welfare" and a generation of "entitlement" players are extremely hypocritical. Bottom line is, you just can't stand seeing the game change in ways that lessen advantages you may have had over others.

It's the same reason that I cringed when Pyro was nerfed, even though I was fully aware of how horrible unbalanced it was.

Rift Master

I think it's a joke that anyone defends bloodthirsty as anything other than horribly overpowered.

It's the sole reason that some specs can pull off 1v3+ fights... and that's a good thing why?

It exacerbates balance issues terribly. OP specs will generate more and faster kills, which will proc more healing from bloodthirsty, which will enable further slaughter...

It greatly favors specs with large health pools; warriors and chloro/locks are getting enormous chunks of health back while rogues and some mages basically get crap.

So to sum up: bloodthirsty provides drastically different benefits based on spec, makes balance issues even worse, and allows fewer players with better gear to basically roll over greatly superior numbers. That all seem bad, yes?

/sign

Yeah, I hate it. I've never been able to make use of it because I'm in a guild that raids.
    I've thought about making an alt guild to switch back and forth from, but that just seems way too annoying to level up and have friends switch characters to invite and then do it with the multiple people that would be making use of it.
    Last edited by nacho; 09-08-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nacho View Post
    Yeah, I hate it. I've never been able to make use of it because I'm in a guild that raids.
    I've thought about making an alt guild to switch back and forth from, but that just seems way too annoying to level up and have friends switch characters to invite and then do it with the multiple people that would be making use of it.
    I hate Hammerknell. I've never been able to make use of it because I'm in a guild that PvP's.
    Trion please remove this raid instance, it's not fair.

Banned

I would rather Bloodthirsty be changed into receiving 30% of your dead target's max health. Basically Rogues would heal to full when they kill a tank. lol
    Last edited by Vindicit; 09-08-2011 at 12:53 AM.

This is a non-issue.

Everyone has equal access to it.

And before anyone starts shrieking about higher HP, everyone in all callings has access to high HP, so again, non-issue.
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    This is a non-issue.

And before anyone starts shrieking about higher HP, everyone in all callings has access to high HP, so again, non-issue.
    QFE

Also Quit comparing 4k HP R1 rogues to fully R8 geared VK/para/champs or RB/para who have ~7-7.5k HP's. A fully geared R8 rogue in a sensible pvp build has much closer to 7k HP's, makes lots of killing blows and gets a very good return from bloodthristy.
    Ambi - Cleric - Apotheosys.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    This is my favorite proc but it is one of the most imbalanced guild perks in the game atm. It is simply just too good against players without and I am surprised that few PvP'ers actually acknowledge its imbalance.

Brief Background on Bloodthirsty.
    It is a Guild Perk which requires 1x Silver Artifacts on use. It is non-purgeable and lasts for an hour.
    At 3/3, it gives a 30% MAX health HOT over time upon killing a player.

Why this is imbalanced:
    Favors High HP Pool chars.
    Ignores DPS weightage and survivability differences between classes.
    Therefore favors mainly Warriors and Mages(chlorolock)

Examples:
    A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

Whereas a 5,000hp rogue kills a 8,000hp warrior and receives 1,500hp.

Or a 10,000 HP Mage kills a 4,000hp rogue for 3000hp.

For the amount of effort (DPS) put in with relation with the health returned, the imbalance is kind of obvious.

Here are some alternatives:
    1) Upon killing an enemy, gives a flat hp HOT of around 50hps per stack to a maximum of 150hps at 3/3 over 10s.
    2) Upon killing an enemy, takes up to 9% of targets health at 3/3. 3% ea stack. Vampiric effect.
    3) Become a buff damage proc of 3% per stack up to 9% for 30s.

I believe that nerfing this perk will help to make PvP more balanced.
    150 HPS? That isn't even worth getting

Rift Disciple

ohh ppl found something new to cry about what else you want nerfed?
    Cleric wants detaunt to auto proc on everyone hitting me!! QQ god damn heal debuffs

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    This is a non-issue.

No they don't.

You have to land a killing blow.

Yep, I sure see alot of healing clerics, bards, dominators, archons rocking the charts with 1 kb every match versus warriors with 15-25.

20 KBs on a warrior with 7k health, that is a LOT of free healing, 30% of their health each kill.

That's 2.1k heal for a warrior with that much health each kill, with 25 KBs, good lord, that's 2.1k x 25 = well over 50k in free heals, occuring in a short time span.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 09-08-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Prophet of Telara

I agree, my entire team should be healed for 30% every time I land a killing blow.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast