+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree34Likes

Thread: NERF... Bloodthirsty.

Not a nerf. It needs to be removed. It favors classes with killing blow type abilities (warrior, pyro) as wee. The biggest problem is it widens the gap between high and low rank players.

When I first read the perk, I thought it was a PVE lleveling perk. When I realized it was a PVP ability, I laughed at how insanely imbalanced it was.

Quote Originally Posted by LaBarbus View Post
    Of'cource it will be better if everyone plays most OPed class until it will be NERFED into obvilion and then switch over to another FotM... Not nerfing but BALANCING is key to hold everything on the fly. And BT doesn't look like balanced abyility. It's obvious.

Truth is - in this game are much more such unbalanced things - but we are allowed ( did you hear me? Yes you, calling people childish and so on for stating facts...or probably for putting a lightspot at yours and only yours sweetness) to say facts here.And draw some attention from Trion.

Fact is - 2 Classes get from supposedly even ability much more then 2 other classes.
    Proposition : to even this field due getting percentage from target HP and not players own. This will evenout this.

What is wrong with it?
    O! I Know! You are speaking in name of Warriors and Mages who will not get everytime 50% more HP then Rogues and Clerics after honor yelding kill? ;)
    So I assume you are speaking for the rogue who will leech the kill on the warrior and get a full heal?

Why not give everybody the same HP pool, same damage, same gear, same abilities ... hmmm ... why not just play a FPS?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    So I assume you are speaking for the rogue who will leech the kill on the warrior and get a full heal?

Why not give everybody the same HP pool, same damage, same gear, same abilities ... hmmm ... why not just play a FPS?

These are probably the same people who scream "The computer cheats!!!" when they die in an FPS....
    "If you don't have enough respect for yourself and others to learn how to spell and use proper grammar, you're really not worth paying attention to."

- me

Quote Originally Posted by Nnnxia View Post
    This is my favorite proc but it is one of the most imbalanced guild perks in the game atm. It is simply just too good against players without and I am surprised that few PvP'ers actually acknowledge its imbalance.

Brief Background on Bloodthirsty.
    It is a Guild Perk which requires 1x Silver Artifacts on use. It is non-purgeable and lasts for an hour.
    At 3/3, it gives a 30% MAX health HOT over time upon killing a player.

Why this is imbalanced:
    Favors High HP Pool chars.
    Ignores DPS weightage and survivability differences between classes.
    Therefore favors mainly Warriors and Mages(chlorolock)

Examples:
    A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

Whereas a 5,000hp rogue kills a 8,000hp warrior and receives 1,500hp.

Or a 10,000 HP Mage kills a 4,000hp rogue for 3000hp.

For the amount of effort (DPS) put in with relation with the health returned, the imbalance is kind of obvious.

Here are some alternatives:
    1) Upon killing an enemy, gives a flat hp HOT of around 50hps per stack to a maximum of 150hps at 3/3 over 10s.
    2) Upon killing an enemy, takes up to 9% of targets health at 3/3. 3% ea stack. Vampiric effect.
    3) Become a buff damage proc of 3% per stack up to 9% for 30s.

I believe that nerfing this perk will help to make PvP more balanced.
    Oh for gods sake, you have to LAND the killing blow which is not easily done, it's an uncontrolled proc.

A 8,000hp warrior kills a 4,000hp rogue and receives 30% of his health back which is around 2,400hp.

Whereas a 5,000hp rogue kills a 8,000hp warrior and receives 1,500hp.

Or a 10,000 HP Mage kills a 4,000hp rogue for 3000hp.
    Who knew 30% of 8,000 is more then 30% of 5,000. Nothing to see here. Moving along.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Ascendant

*Something* needs to be done about Bloodthirsty, just not sure what it should be.

It shouldn't be a desirable tactical choice for me to switch to the low-rank player of otherwise no consequence, or even a player's pet, just to scum a BT proc off of them for the "real" fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    *Something* needs to be done about Bloodthirsty, just not sure what it should be.

It shouldn't be a desirable tactical choice for me to switch to the low-rank player of otherwise no consequence, or even a player's pet, just to scum a BT proc off of them for the "real" fight.
    Sounds like good tactical decision making to me....

Seems like the kinds of things we should be rewarding, and who says low ranked player and pet classes don't serve a purpose in warfronts...
    Hastati (50 warrior), Tsar (50 cleric), Tsaritsa (50 Mage)
    Guides: 51 Bladedancer, Bloodstalker, Nightblade
    DPS Rogue <Trinity>
    5/8 ID; HK Conqueror

Bloodthirsty is why matches in Rift are so lop-sided. The blow-outs.

It's only keeping 1 half of the field up people. It ONLY works when one side is LOSING.

Common sense, please.

If you want the Vampire "advantage"... time for some Vampire "disadvantages"... eh?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Bloodthirsty is why matches in Rift are so lop-sided. The blow-outs.

It's only keeping 1 half of the field up people. It ONLY works when one side is LOSING.

Common sense, please.
    Good point. This is a tipping point / steam-roller skill. If you are winning, you win bigger. Matches are less competitive.

Most games include some form of head-wind / tail-wind to make games more competitive but this is the opposite of that.

If you nerf this we'll never get heals in warfronts, since there aren't heals coming from any other players

Quote Originally Posted by Grisheub View Post
    I really am getting tired of the 'entitlement' generation.

This is the kind of perk that separates PvP guilds from other guilds. It's one of the factors some players use when choosing a guild if they don't have other friends they're coming into a game to join.

There is no such thing as "fair" or "balanced".
    Exactly, it helps define pvp guilds versus carebear guilds

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    Exactly, it helps define pvp guilds versus carebear guilds
    This.

If you're in a pvp guild, you get a really good pvp perk---thats REALLY REALLY easy to get. You can make your own guild and get this perk solo in about 2 days if you really wanted.
    DK of The Fast and the Fairyous: Tokyo Rift

Quote Originally Posted by Swordfishy View Post
    This.

If you're in a pvp guild, you get a really good pvp perk---thats REALLY REALLY easy to get. You can make your own guild and get this perk solo in about 2 days if you really wanted.
    I have but 2 days is a a stretch more like 2 weeks

sure but its another kick in the teeth (among many) to newer players.

generally games want to be appealing to new players rather than repeatedly curb-stomping them.

This is another time = advantage mechanic, which I guess is what defines Rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast