+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvP Rift bug.

Default PvP Rift bug.

So with this PvP Rift bug I'm assuming it let people reach rank 8 almost instantly?
    It seems common to see a ton of rank 8's now... Is it cause of this PvP rift bug?

If that's the case why are they able to keep their rank and gear?
    I hope to god the 25th-31st is one hell of a increase so it gives us players that didn't abuse it a chance.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    So with this PvP Rift bug I'm assuming it let people reach rank 8 almost instantly?
    It seems common to see a ton of rank 8's now... Is it cause of this PvP rift bug?

I hope to god the 25th-31st is one hell of a increase so it gives us players that didn't abuse it a chance.
    It let people get 100k prestiege/favor an hour, not instantly.

It wasn't a bug it was people abusing the pvp rifts by agreeing to farm it rather then kill each other.

They were not allowed to keep their rank and gear. Trion went over the logs and took gear/rank/favor/tokens/prestiege away from people who earned it from this method.

50% increase on top of the bonus whitefall.

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    It let people get 100k prestiege/favor an hour, not instantly.

It wasn't a bug it was people abusing the pvp rifts by agreeing to farm it rather then kill each other.

They were not allowed to keep their rank and gear. Trion went over the logs and took gear/rank/favor/tokens/prestiege away from people who earned it from this method.

50% increase on top of the bonus whitefall.
    How big was the old increase?
    Doesn't look like Trion rolled back many people. Ton of people still have the gear / rank 8.. Not even uncommon to find someone rank 8...

I am quite certain there is still a working exploit involving PvP Rifts (gaining mass favor/prestige). I am trying to duplicate it again so I can report it though. Having trouble causing it to happen again, but accidentally saw what looked like an exploit, but didn't realize I should test it before disabling it for reporting purposes. It would have probably worked though.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-24-2011 at 10:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I am quite certain there is still a working exploit involving PvP Rifts. I am trying to duplicate it again so I can report it though. Having trouble causing it to happen again, but accidentally saw what looked like a pretty huge exploit, but didn't realize I should test it before disabling it for reporting purposes. It would have probably worked though.
    Well it's making this game almost no fun. It's at the point where gear > skill. No point in a rogue to use rank 4 gear because they'll die insanely fast anyway. Figured I'd might as well just use my pve gear and hit something. 51 sin or 44nb works just fine. But when they out gear me so much it's game over.

Well it's making this game almost no fun. It's at the point where gear > skill. No point in a rogue to use rank 4 gear because they'll die insanely fast anyway. Figured I'd might as well just use my pve gear and hit something. 51 sin or 44nb works just fine. But when they out gear me so much it's game over.
    The one I am talking about is not very easy to do. Once I accidentally did it but didn't let it play itself through, I tried to do it again and failed to replicate it the next 5 times. So I wouldn't worry about the one I mentioned. It isn't easy to put in place and it is easily disrupted and foiled when attempted to maintain it. I just wanted to throw it out there that if you see something suspicious or bogus as far as reward gaining, some might be better at it than I am. But I highly doubt it, one would be able to tell if someone is doing it...if others are paying attention.

If a dev sees this and PM's me I can go into detail about how it kind of works. But otherwise I'll just leave it at this until I can actually re-produce it.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-24-2011 at 11:02 PM.

The one I am talking about is not very easy to do. Once I accidentally did it but didn't let it play itself through, I tried to do it again and failed to replicate it the next 5 times. So I wouldn't worry about the one I mentioned. It isn't easy to put in place and it is easily disrupted and foiled when attempted to maintain it. I just wanted to throw it out there that if you see something suspicious or bogus as far as reward gaining, some might be better at it than I am. But I highly doubt it, one would be able to tell if someone is doing it...if others are paying attention.
    I'm sure others know and are able to do it easily. They'll end up getting away with it to.

I'm pretty sure I haven't given any detail about it. I have not seen anyone else perform it yet since PvP Rifts came back. As I said, and didn't joke about, it isn't 'easy' to do. And by easy I mean the actual broken mechanic and conditions to even allow you to do it. Then if you do actually pull it off, to maintain it would be a pain in the ***. I highly doubt someone could have all the perfect conditions around to perform, accomplish and maintain it. But I am not dumb, you don't explain exploits on message boards because then guess what, everyone will try to do it and it will get perfected quicker. I wont describe what conditions I am talking about either, but it's kind of easier to do at 3am than 3pm lets say.

Just because it isn't easy to abuse though doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked into or given a heads up for. As I also said, if someone is doing it, they would probably stick out like a sore thumb, it is not something that would easily go under the radar.

You are just being too assuming, admit you don't know what I am talking about and don't draw such concrete conclusions like you bet others have gotten good at it and they will get away with it. Even if you did get good at it, it would be more like a cool benefit every now and then...it is hardly a speed-train of progression that gets you through ranks absurdly fast. For what its worth, it is pale compared to the original exploit that people got rolled back for.

Don't worry too much, what I said is pretty true. Despite it not being an easy mode path through mega toon progression though doesn't mean there isn't a highly unintended possibility lingering. Also if you mess it up, you can't "reattempt" it for another 10 - 30 min. But that is going to close to giving it away. Don't worry
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-24-2011 at 11:12 PM.

I'm pretty sure I haven't given any detail about it. I have not seen anyone else perform it yet since PvP Rifts came back. As I said, and didn't joke about, it isn't 'easy' to do. And by easy I mean the actual broken mechanic and conditions to even allow you to do it. Then if you do actually pull it off, to maintain it would be a pain in the ***. I highly doubt someone could have all the perfect conditions around to perform, accomplish and maintain it. But I am not dumb, you don't explain exploits on message boards because then guess what, everyone will try to do it and it will get perfected quicker. I wont describe what conditions I am talking about either, but it's kind of easier to do at 3am than 3pm lets say.

Just because it isn't easy to abuse though doesn't mean it shouldn't be looked into or given a heads up for. As I also said, if someone is doing it, they would probably stick out like a sore thumb, it is not something that would easily go under the radar.

You are just being too assuming, admit you don't know what I am talking about and don't draw such concrete conclusions like you bet others have gotten good at it and they will get away with it. Even if you did get good at it, it would be more like a cool benefit every now and then...it is hardly a speed-train of progression that gets you through ranks absurdly fast. For what its worth, it is pale compared to the original exploit that people got rolled back for.

Don't worry too much, what I said is pretty true. Despite it not being an easy mode path through mega toon progression though doesn't mean there isn't a highly unintended possibility lingering. Also if you mess it up, you can't "reattempt" it for another 10 - 30 min. But that is going to close to giving it away. Don't worry
    I don't wanna recreate the bug lol
    I just hope the big increase will be worth it so i can get caught up with all these people who were able to keep rank 8

Word

For what its worth, by the time I ever make it work again I'll be rank 8. Thinking even further about it there are so many factors that have to go your way from beginning to end to make it even worth it and then the window of time to make it happen or not is small.

Also, if successfully done I don't see it getting much more than 7 - 15k ill earned favor/prestige. If I were able to do it everytime, I'd have prolly screwed the pooch on maintaining it over half the times.

Also, once you get it working, you cannot die.

I'll stop dropping hints but if I typed it out today I bet by tomorrow night there would be 5 or less people who make it work and even less who reap benefit out of it after it works.

Funny enough it works the same way an Eq2 exploit worked for years that......to this day was never fixed, because they couldn't figure out how to fix it. They just changed in game items instead after seriously trying to fix it for 4 expansions now.
    Last edited by Violacea; 08-24-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Word

For what its worth, by the time I ever make it work again I'll be rank 8. Thinking even further about it there are so many factors that have to go your way from beginning to end to make it even worth it and then the window of time to make it happen or not is small.

Also, if successfully done I don't see it getting much more than 7 - 15k ill earned favor/prestige. If I were able to do it everytime, I'd have prolly screwed the pooch on maintaining it over half the times.

Also, once you get it working, you cannot die.

I'll stop dropping hints but if I typed it out today I bet by tomorrow night there would be 5 or less people who make it work and even less who reap benefit out of it after it works.

Funny enough it works the same way an Eq2 exploit worked for years that......to this day was never fixed, because they couldn't figure out how to fix it. They just changed in game items instead after seriously trying to fix it for 4 expansions now.
    Heh kinda wish I knew it.

Sword of Telara

Those who farmed the old way were rolled back, those who still have their rank 8 have been playing 24/7.

The only bug I know of - if it's even a bug - is if you are in a raid which is doing the PVP rift and you go to a WF then you seem to still get credits for the kills. I get the Unseen notority for each stone even in a warfront if I returned at least one stone before going to the WF, that's for sure. Since PVP Rifts are usually more or less a PVE experience on my shard, it's hard to tell if I really get the favor/prestige as well all the time or I just imagine things.

Rift Disciple

I thought that too, but then i made a reputation/prestige gain chat window, and figured out as soon i go into bg i'll get reputation for the rift faction, of the zone, Like pvp rift in Ironpine, you'll get reputation for the water faction.
    But you could time the Rift/Warfront that you get out of warfront, Close a pvp rift, get into warfront, close a pvp rift...
    Last edited by gnaa; 08-24-2011 at 11:57 PM.

I'm honestly having no fun with this game now. So unfair.

Ascendant

Doesn't look like Trion rolled back many people. Ton of people still have the gear / rank 8.. Not even uncommon to find someone rank 8...
    It's an MMORPG...
    There's people playing 10 hours a day 7 days a week, of course you'll see rank 8's.
    Just saying.

And yes, exploiters got rolled back. Seen lots of them in crap gear, grinding it out again in WF's.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast