+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Remember when 1.4 and 1.5 were supposed to be the "PvP Patches?"

Prophet of Telara

Default Remember when 1.4 and 1.5 were supposed to be the "PvP Patches?"

I fell for it. Did you?

Rift Chaser

I don't know about you but PvP rifts are some of most fun I've had in this game and a great alternative to WF for faster gains aside from Whitefall bonus on weekends.

PvP activity has increased because of the patch. What was your point again OP?
    Cataclysm broke WoW, but resilience will fix it!

the point of his post was to highlight the claims of a considerable amount of pvp content being added in sadi patches. While they never said that about 1.4 (although they were adding some) they claimed 1.5 to be the pvp patch.
    all we are getting though is a new warfront. while the pvp rifts were nice many are finding that the faction balance inherit in many servers is having a detrimental result on world pvp.

while fun (if your r6+) the pvp is broken here, they are adding a band-aid when really the situation requires major surgery.
    So long rift, may your potential someday be realised

Do not forget that PAX Prime starts SOON and Trion will probably have something up it's sleeve to announce for RIFT... Dunno though.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Ascendant

whitefall escelation
    p7-p8 & gear
    pvp rifts

new warfront
    ???

Personally I like the 1.4 patch.

Ascendant

Sounds like you are unhappy with the loads of content we have been getting but give absolutely no hint of what you want except MOAR PVPVPVPVPVPVPVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Rift Disciple

The only meaningful thing that was brought by 1.4 PvP wise are the PvP Rifts. If this is something that people find appropriate in regard to having a fun fulfilling PvP experience, all I can say is to each their own.

Whitefall Escalation and P7/P8 is just fluff and means squat in regard to the PvP experience in Rift. A tweaked WF and more grinding does not make more fun.

A mere new WF for 1.5 means squat as well. This is NOT what was advertised as being developped. We've had a carrot in front of us for a while now, which we were supposed to get to in 1.5. The carrot just disappeared for the time being, which leaves the PvPers in a rather baffled state.

Ascendant

More complaining without any statement on what you want.

More advancement: not good enough
    Weekend bonus and variety: not good enough
    New WF all together: not good enough
    PvP rifts: ok
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Chronicar View Post
    Sounds like you are unhappy with the loads of content we have been getting but give absolutely no hint of what you want except MOAR PVPVPVPVPVPVPVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    We want fixes to broken mechanics and gameplay that is actually new.

Not just more of the same with a new warfront.

Is that so hard to understand?

Fix the terrible mechanics, add in meaningful and persistent open world content, add a competitive option for high-end pvpers at end game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    We want fixes to broken mechanics and gameplay that is actually new.

Not just more of the same with a new warfront.

Is that so hard to understand?

Fix the terrible mechanics, add in meaningful and persistent open world content, add a competitive option for high-end pvpers at end game.
    i saw a quote earlier that was something like "whats the point of doing world pvp once you have max rep" lol. some people don't know what they want
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodbourne View Post
    All I see is your team gettin rolled but managing to win anyway.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i saw a quote earlier that was something like "whats the point of doing world pvp once you have max rep" lol. some people don't know what they want
    While true, whoever said that has a legitimate point.

There needs to be a purpose of open world. That is where the persistent rewards come into play. Not just relying on one-off pvp rifts that only benefit those who do them.

What gets people out is having persistent benefits that cover an entire faction. This actually encourages people to form faction pride and have a pvp goal that doesn't have an "end point", like maxing faction does.

To put concrete examples in here - Relic/keep/tower bonuses in DAOC and whatever shard bonus gw2 is implementing.

It can be done!
    Last edited by Snyrf; 08-25-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    While true, whoever said that has a legitimate point.

There needs to be a purpose of open world. That is where the persistent rewards come into play. Not just relying on one-off pvp rifts that only benefit those who do them.

What gets people out is having persistent benefits that cover an entire faction. This actually encourages people to form faction pride and have a pvp goal that doesn't have an "end point", like maxing faction does.

To put concrete examples in here - Relic/keep/tower bonuses in DAOC and whatever shard bonus gw2 is implementing.

It can be done!
    What does this do for shards that are extremely unbalanced. Sweet everyone in our faction gets a bonus and our faction is 75% of the shard. I am pretty sure this would just further imbalance things. Guardians never have control on shard A so they move to shard B where they always have it. Defiants move from shard B to shard A. Yay now everyone gets bonuses.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

Ascendant

lemme guess, op wants rift to become daoc2 in 6 months or he will ragequit

We did get pvp rifts and escalation and a new warfront is coming out. But I understand what the OP is saying, he wants a new rvr type zone that is coming in 1.6 or probably later.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast