+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Aug 25-31 will build R8s - then tiered Queues, I hope

Default Aug 25-31 will build R8s - then tiered Queues, I hope

I'm thinking that the super XP and prestige bonuses coming Aug 25 to 31 are going to rocket players to R6-R8, and finally there may be enough of them that they can have their own R6-R8 bracket.
    Last edited by Jural; 08-24-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Telaran

Build many r6-8 Hmmmm guess those 6 minute ques will turn into 20 for people who didn't play during the bonus days lol getting to 6 will take a lot longer when you are waiting in que most of the time

This might work if they merged a lot of the servers but people have 5,10 or 15 minute ques now how bad will it be in tier brackets

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    Build many r6-8 Hmmmm guess those 6 minute ques will turn into 20 for people who didn't play during the bonus days lol getting to 6 will take a lot longer when you are waiting in que most of the time

This might work if they merged a lot of the servers but people have 5,10 or 15 minute ques now how bad will it be in tier brackets
    Don't know what server or battle group you're on but in mine from around noon to midnight queues in my battle group are under 1 minute. You can extend the time period and shorten the queue to almost instant on the weekend especially since this weekend would have double double favor and prestige in whitefall.
    Last edited by Reiz; 08-24-2011 at 07:14 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    Don't know what server or battle group you're on but in mine from around noon to midnight queues in my battle group are under 1 minute. You can extend the time period and shorten the queue to almost instant on the weekend especially since this weekend would have double double favor and prestige in whitefall.
    Depends on your server group and faction. I have both Defiant and Guardian on my server. I have queued on one, seen near instant queues, switched to my other character to wait 5-10 minutes per queue, then switched back and its still near instant.

So it depends what side you're on.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Reiz View Post
    This only further proves my point its already difficult to keep que times reasonable for most people who are waiting longer while you get instant ques the game just doesn't have enough people to do tier brackets
    Last edited by Ainew; 08-24-2011 at 07:45 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    This only further proves my point its already difficult to keep que times reasonable for most people who are waiting longer while you get instant ques the game just doesn't have enough people to do tier brackets
    I agree.

How long does everyone think people will play if WFs are made an hour+ que?

Anyone stuck into the higher tier because they just hit rank 5 will not only be at the bottom of the barrel forced to have the entire other team higher then me but the que times would be SO LONG. You think rank5 to 8 is a long grind? Try that but with an hour between warfronts. See you next Christmas when you finally get to rank8.

Quote Originally Posted by Raitoken View Post
    I agree.

How long does everyone think people will play if WFs are made an hour+ que?

Anyone stuck into the higher tier because they just hit rank 5 will not only be at the bottom of the barrel forced to have the entire other team higher then me but the que times would be SO LONG. You think rank5 to 8 is a long grind? Try that but with an hour between warfronts. See you next Christmas when you finally get to rank8.
    Exactly how is this different from how it is now? Sure you can get a fast faceroll but after a match or two of these a day new players stop coming back. It isn't even like they have a chance until R4 or R5 depending on your definition.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Rift Chaser

tiered queues are not the solution. trion needs to substantially reduce the power gap between r1-r8, through narrowing of valour mitgation disparity, and nerfing of synergy crystals.

There needs to be a system to help r1 compete with rank 8.

Taking things away from players after they have had them awhile, will not be well received at resub time.

IMHO, making all PvP sets have the same valour might be a better solution.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lockiszemode View Post
    Exactly how is this different from how it is now? Sure you can get a fast faceroll but after a match or two of these a day new players stop coming back. It isn't even like they have a chance until R4 or R5 depending on your definition.
    Why does everyone assume that a player quits when they lose twice? 3 weeks ago I was a fresh 50, and now I'm rank 5.

I didn't look at it as "died 3 times in WF and now I'm gonna quit".

The people who do that you can't please no matter what you do so you don't tailor your game for them.

I looked at it as I put in the work and I get better and I can be that powerhouse when I get the gear and its slowly getting to that point.

What makes people quit is imbalances. When you lose to another class who is less skilled and geared then you on a regular basis because its a class issue that makes people want to quit.

WoW has the same system, you hit 85 and you are fresh meat but you work at it and get geared. They have a craftable CHEAP pvp set for every class that gives something like 300 valor in rift terms. Give people that and it won't be so bad.

Saying people quit because they lose is dumb because not EVERYONE does and the people who did were going to anyways it just was the reason that day or they would make up a new one the next.

For the record my whole experience in rank1>2 was port scion doing under 30k damage the whole game with deadeye crits hitting 700 and 1 KB on a lucky focused target once every 5 games and all my damage being healed through with hots/aoe heals.

Reduce the amount of time to gear up. Trade Favor for Prestige and reduce the cost of the gear.
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

They definitely need to do a battlegroup merge + tier implementation. It's very frustrating to join a warfront and have 10 fresh 50s and undergeared players in pve gear while they other side is R6+

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrileigh View Post
    Reduce the amount of time to gear up. Trade Favor for Prestige and reduce the cost of the gear.
    They are going to eventually or suffer from the staircase syndrom.

I don't know the actual term for it but WoW suffered this back in the Burning Crusade days.

You are a 25-man raiding guild in Sunwell which is this games HK. A healer quits and you need to replace him.

You have one of 2 choices. Recruit an equally geared one or gear one up.

Problem is that replacing people with that gear level was uncommon at best and gearing someone up was harder. You would need to clear Black Temple, the raid 1 tier below it and hope to get 3-4 drops a WEEK. Do that for 3-4 weeks and if enough stuff dropped they might be geared enough. The same thing will happen in this game if they don't somehow bridge the gap.

Having to do P1>2>3>4>5>6>7>8 then maybe >9>10>11>12>13 will create such a gap that you would need to get to rank 7 before you could be viable and that would be months of getting rolled. Creating too many steps to get to the top people quit before they get there.

They need to make it possible to skip ranks or reduce or they will lose a lot of players in the future.

It's only a 50% bonus, I don't see it "rocketing" anyone up there.
    I have a photoshopic memory. I remember everything you say or do exactly the way I want to.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    It's only a 50% bonus, I don't see it "rocketing" anyone up there.
    this weekend will be sweet with the extra bonus on top of WF.

my personal thought is that they shouldn't make rank brackets ...as the low ones will pop less often as people out rank them, and it makes it hard to play with friends. They just need to nerf the hell out of the rank 7-8 gear, its just stupid for it to be among the best gear in game pvp or pve (get your hit from runes/other items or not even needed if cleric healing). Again this is my personal opinion and i can see how bracketed WF would appeal to a lot of people as its just not fun being steamrolled OR doing the steamrolling
    Last edited by NzFox; 08-24-2011 at 09:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast