+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is it just me? Or is the imbalance between defiant and guardians getting worse..

Soulwalker

Thumbs up is it just me? Or is the imbalance between defiant and guardians getting worse..

Defiant kick our butts, not even close, 98% of the time on Greybriar.
    Last edited by Gill; 08-25-2011 at 04:57 AM. Reason: edited the title

Imbalanced faction ratio means defiant (or guardian on the rare guardian heavy server) can farm PvP rifts all day, which in turn leads to the average prestige rank of defiant being higher, which in turn imbalances warfronts due to gear gap, which leads to losses.

Also I hardly see any guardian warriors any more. Usually 2 maybe 3 in a warfront, to defiant's 4-6, and right now a win is more dependent on warriors than anyone else.
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by mtbsean View Post
    Or is the imbalance between defiant and guardians getting worse.. Defiant kick our butts, not even close, 98% of the time on Greybriar.
    It takes 30 seconds to transfer to a guardian heavy server.

The main thing is Trion needs to wake up and see that World PvP on some servers is going to be a desolate wasteland because of how easy it is for people to transfer to servers that favor their faction.

If a server has way, way less Defiants than Guardians then there should be some kind of incentive for people to play Defiants on that server. There should be World PvP prestige/favor bonuses for even sticking around.

Yes, it's the same on all 119 US/EU servers.

if you are guardian, i advise transfering to seastone.
    while they arent the dominant faction, they dont get farmed in WFs and can dominate pvp daily zones and pvp rifts when they get their zerg on.

they just need a few more players on their side to make things a little more interesting for the defiants. (and speed up our wf queues).

recent transfers have mostly been fail defiants fleeing guardian dominated servers, making thing worse for the native defiants by lengthening wf queues with defiants that never learned how to play their class or how each wf match actualy works before they hit 50.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Ascendant

It would be really nice to see the ACTUAL Guardian/Defiant population on specific servers at the moment, since this kind of thing is often a perception issue. To give an example, for about a week or two on Freeholme server populations were pretty much balanced. I play Assassin when I do my PvP dailies so most of the time the enemy is being watched even if it's not obvious, and the number of Defs and Guards is roughly equal.

However, since at that time there were several guilds on my server who would form groups only from their guild and not accept others, along with a few diehard lone wolves, the Defs were steamrolling the Guards because the Guards would constantly be approaching them with lower numbers, leading people to complain in World Defence chat etc about how badly Defiants outnumbered us etc... no. Just a perception issue.

While I'm sure there is disparity in populations, I'd like to know how drastic it is.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tarrnation View Post
    It takes 30 seconds to transfer to a guardian heavy server.
    It takes 30 seconds to make the problem even worse for everyone, and that's where Trion failed when they allowed transfers this way.

Server A has 10 guardians and 20 defiants.
    Server B has 20 guardians and 10 defiants.

Server A guardians don't want to get destroyed anymore, 2 of them transfer to server B.
    2 defiants from B also transfer to A.
    22-8 on each side, the situation is even worse, more of those 8 transfer to join in the face-rolling bandwagon.

MOST of the servers are completely unbalanced.
    I wrote a billion feedback to Trion about this, to fix it before the problem got bigger.. But it's getting too late now.

I seriously have no clue why people are allowed to transfer to server to make a 3:1 ratio into a 4:1 ratio ( despite what Trion said ). Everyone and their moms would've guessed people would all transfer to the shards where they would completely own the ennemy faction.

my understanding on pvp correct me if im wrong is like this:

Right each shard is another world:
    When you pvp a group of shards (worlds) are grouped together to create the pvp groups
    That’s why you get the @ at the end e.g. khalsa@steampike
    The shards that guardians have great strength at are:
    Are Bloodiron, Whitefal, Trubkopf the reason why this has less shards in this group is as i dont know all the shards in each group
    On the other hand on which are doing not so good on
    Argent, Blightweald, Cloudborne, Riptalon, Sagespire, Steampike (im here), Shivermere

my solution:
    On a weekly bases trion does a update: "tonight we move the grouping around for the next seven days the grouping is like this:
    ( i am not putting no names of shards down as i dont want to discriminate a shard also i only have little knowledge on the game)
    group A
    weak guardian shard x2
    mid gaurdian shard x2
    strong guardian shard x2
    vs
    weak defiant shard x2
    mid defiant shard x2
    strong defiant shard x2

group B
    weak guardian shard x2
    mid gaurdian shard x2
    strong guardian shard x2
    vs
    weak defiant shard x2
    mid defiant shard x2
    strong defiant shard x2

and so on"

Problems with other idea
    You can not simply just say grouping with all gauridan shards and all defiants shards is the best idea; simply as this would make the whole problem alot bigger as in one whole side will become stronger then the other if you take each group of shards and another group of shards you see one side is always stronger then the other. if you add all the shards in one group you multiply the shards added to the group to make one whole group on each side so your achievement in this is multiplying your problem

i am sorry if i got the other sides name wrong i just cant remember how to spell or what it was called. i am a newb and understand if you guys disagree
    Last edited by Khalsa84; 08-25-2011 at 04:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    Imbalanced faction ratio means defiant (or guardian on the rare guardian heavy server) can farm PvP rifts all day, which in turn leads to the average prestige rank of defiant being higher, which in turn imbalances warfronts due to gear gap, which leads to losses.

hmmm .... if ppl would only use open world pvp (pvp rifts) for gaining ranks - YES

However, a high defiant population favours guardians way more, regarding gaining ranks, outgearing in WFs.

While Defiant WF queues vary from a couple of minutes to 30+ minutes a day, most guardians will get instant queues, therefore, way more favour, prestige in way less time.

On my last server I managed to run one warfront while guaridans been on their 3rd ... even if they lose every game they rank up faster.

If Trion would offer faction changes I would consider moving to guards as soon as possible, just for the instant queue times. (Ok, maybe not as their races look awful).

Also I hardly see any guardian warriors any more. Usually 2 maybe 3 in a warfront, to defiant's 4-6, and right now a win is more dependent on warriors than anyone else.
    And I see rarely any clerics on defiant side, and most of them run either DPS, or tank spec only ...
    defiants might outnumber on warriors, but we badly slack on healing (be it main, or support) or even casters at all.

Try to win a Whitefalls where we manage to have 1 bard, 1 chloro and a justi-cleric - rest warriors and classes that purely want to DPS against 8 clerics (4 main healing, rest caba or justispecs), 4 mages (all 4 got at least 12 to 16 points in chloro) , 2 rogues (1 bard) and a warrior ...

Quote Originally Posted by khalsa84 View Post
    cloudborne
    ... Is dead!

Quote Originally Posted by StuffedDuck View Post
    ... Is dead!
    RIP

sorry didn't relies, what you think of the idea?
    Last edited by Khalsa84; 08-25-2011 at 04:37 AM.

Ascendant

The problem with our particular cluster is the Guardians have a lot of low Rank players. Which means we lose every time. GJ at a gear based pvp Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    The problem with our particular cluster is the Guardians have a lot of low Rank players. Which means we lose every time. GJ at a gear based pvp Trion.
    should be a split there r 1-5
    r6-8

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Khalsa84 View Post
    should be a split there r 1-5
    r6-8
    I dunno. I can tab through and its generally R3 R3 R3... pretty sad... they die in 1-2 GCD.
    Last edited by solarbear; 08-25-2011 at 04:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post
    I might be going to far by assuming that a lot of the low ranked players are pve'ers who try to get the R3/R4 synergy crystal bonus for pve purpose only.

In my opinion there are 2 'easy solutions' to the imbalance & gear problems:

- introduce WF brackets for differnet ranks - allow players to queue for higher ranking WFs, if they want to stick with their mates;

- allow WFs with same factions on both side (gonna ruin the 'story'; but hey). With this both factions would have equal and faster queue times and the prestige/favour gain would be equalized.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast