+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CC immunty

Rift Disciple

Default CC immunty

How about this? get a KB and you lose all your CC immunty?

Pretty much every time I'm on the receiving end of a KB, it resets my DR. Funny that Sabo charges remain and all, but most things reset when I get hit with a KB...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Yeah funny, who says I got KB'ed? most people would say that they died or where killed, I am talking about when you kill another player, YOU (the player who won, NOT the player who died) lose CC immunty and have to build it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosspring View Post
    Yeah funny, who says I got KB'ed? most people would say that they died or where killed, I am talking about when you kill another player, YOU (the player who won, NOT the player who died) lose CC immunty and have to build it up again.
    I'm sorry, it is just I see no rationale behind doing something like this.

Picture the Warrior led assist train - you're trying to CC the Warrior, he's under DR and is Immune. Somebody else in the assist train gets the KB... possibly somebody that has not even been touched by CC... the Warrior is still going to be leading that assist train.

The person you want to CC is not necessarily going to be the person that gets the KB.

No doubt the CC/DR system is broken, but I just do not see what this would fix in the least about it.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Chaser

Just remove DR on all CC that isn't the same spell.

You just wouldn't be able to do back to back abilities that are the same and that would be fine.

In small group pvp similar to wows arenas or even open world pvp coordinating with a partner(s) to kill a healer by chaining stuns/interrupts/silences takes skill and teamwork. As it stands now the system discourages this and makes for a system more dependent on gear rather then skill.

Rift Disciple

For one thing it would slow down the RB warriors when there is no magic damage to hurt them, it won't work all the time but it will slow down some players who have the guild buffs up 90% of a WF, would that be a bad thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Rosspring View Post
    How about this? get a KB and you lose all your CC immunty?
    yes mages clerics and rogues get far to much CC and imunity abilitys.

about 60% of the time i pvp thet arget is either immune i cant hit them or you get mages and cleric parrying and dodgeing like a mofo i mean wth ?

+ Reply to Thread